[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

got a question /k/ why is it that every time a new shooter handles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: waznnif[1].jpg (49KB, 780x546px) Image search: [Google]
waznnif[1].jpg
49KB, 780x546px
got a question /k/

why is it that every time a new shooter handles a gun the first thing they say is "that's heavy"

are they unaware of how metal works or has movies and tv tainted their minds in some way?

it's been bothering me for a while.
>>
>>32774590
Why do every time you fart, you say that stinks?

You've farted before. You know it stinks. Are you surprised?
>>
>>32774590
they just expect them to be lighter because its not everyday you hold a 7 pound thing arms length away
weapons are surprisingly heavy tbqh
>>
>>32774590
well, first time I picked up 250rds of 9mm FMJ I too though it was pretty heavy. no, before that I never had that much lead in my head so yeah....
>>
>>32774590
most people are used to cheap chinese shit in their everyday life
>>
File: a.aaa.jpg (189KB, 580x518px) Image search: [Google]
a.aaa.jpg
189KB, 580x518px
>>32774590
Guns are dense objects. Those unitiated to it, it's not really surprising. My compact .380 even has enough weight to pistol whip someone properly.
>>32774616
>Pic
>>
>>32774590
Because usually they're people who have never picked up anything heavier and smaller than a hardcover textbook.

Surprisingly few people have picked up a good chunk of metal.
>>
>>32774616
>when you take a shit and someone says it stinks
WE ALREADY KNOW THAT
>>
>>32774590
Because sometimes people dont know what to say, but they still want to talk, so they end up stating the obvious hoping it might come off as funny. Chill
>>
>>32774590
they don't know about metal
>>
>>32774590
I don't know, but then I prefer guns with more weight anyways and had nothing to say about the first one I picked up.
>>
Partly because of everyone else on this board saying a lot of people don't even lift, partly because they are generally depicted as being lightweight (easy to conceal and maneuver, slide easily/ bounce when dropped, and are handled more or less the same despite a large man or small child/female wielding it)
>>
I think a lot of it is handling toy guns your whole life beforehand.
>>
>>32774590
People arent used to picking up large chunks of metal, except curlbros, if you consider them people.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.