[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me, /k/ why haven't tanks advance in terms of rapid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1464171122292.jpg (287KB, 1144x856px) Image search: [Google]
1464171122292.jpg
287KB, 1144x856px
Tell me, /k/ why haven't tanks advance in terms of rapid fire cannons since ww2? After all the US tanks are still hand loaded and not a chain gun firing massive tank shells at troops and enemy tanks faraway.
>>
>>32771198
Where you gonna put all them ammos?
>>
>>32771198
Ask the Russians in hind sight about having auto loading turrets.

>exposed shells in crew quarters

>[turret popping intensifies]
>>
>>32771198
politics.
>>
>>32771198
You can't directly scale up the mechanism of a 20mm or 30mm autocannon to the size of a tank's main gun. The pressure involved in firing a 120mm cannon is enormous and requires a more heavily built chamber to safely contain it.

The best you can get is an auto loading mechanism (which the Russians have used for decades), but that's never going to approach the rate of fire of something like your pic, OP.
>>
>>32771273
Nor is it much, if at all better than a trained loader
I've seen some bongs going at the god damn speed of sound
>>
>>32771273
So, What your saying is that a new gun would need to be design but overall would perform the same function as a chain gun.
>>
the shells have been getting larger and larger to counter increased armor. Also more mechanisms take more space, which means larger vehicle and thus more weight in armor to protect. Basically it's too damn big. SAWC dude
>>
You could put an oto melara 76mm in a MBT. Not sure if it would be worthwhile, while it wouldn't penetrate a modern MBT I can't imagine it would be very functional after 8 76mm round hit it. For lighter vehicles and infantry it would be a nightmare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCd_X7lh_AQ
>>
File: Autism autoloader.png (1MB, 1224x1286px) Image search: [Google]
Autism autoloader.png
1MB, 1224x1286px
>>32771198
>muh rapid fire

Well, well, well, do you have autism ?
>>
>>32771198
>Tell me, /k/ why haven't tanks advance in terms of rapid fire cannons since ww2? After all the US tanks are still hand loaded and not a chain gun firing massive tank shells at troops and enemy tanks faraway.

You are too stupid to use a search engine. Why should anyone tell your lazy ass anything? You don't deserve to know what you are too lazy to look for. /k/ isn't /spoonfeed the tard/
>>
File: solution to your autism -tank.jpg (126KB, 1016x627px) Image search: [Google]
solution to your autism -tank.jpg
126KB, 1016x627px
>>32771738
>>
>>32771809
>2017
>not having an unmanned hull
>>
>>32771800
>/k/ isn't /spoonfeed the tard/
are you kidding me?
>>
>>32771813
>2017
meh easy thing to be done.
>>
>>32771291
More like you'd never get the rate of fire of a chaingun and the damn thing would jam on you every dozen shots.
>>
>>32771273
This is one of those square-cube law things again isn't it? God damn that concept pops up everywhere, dinosaurs, truck axles, it's like the two dollar hooker of physics!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.