[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup dudes, Ive been wanting a new scope and I've found some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1455756909713.jpg (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1455756909713.jpg
11KB, 500x500px
Sup dudes, Ive been wanting a new scope and I've found some on sale, I'm thinking of grabbing one of these for like 230-ish bucks. its a Nikon Prostaff 5 @ 3.5-14x40.

Am I making a huge mistake? I've actually looked at one personally and I rather liked it, but I know my opinion has been wrong before.
Is there anything better for that price range?

It's going on a savage model 10 .308 used for whitetail hunting btw in case anyone cares.
>>
Also i should not that the one I'm after has a side focus, that pic is just some garbage model I got off google.
>>
I have a Nikon BDC p-223 on my match AR-15. The glass is clear and good, very little parallax.

The only concern I have that you didn't mention is what kind of cross hair you have... I hope you didn't get a BDC which is pretty useless for hunting... MOA or Mildot crosshair will work.
>>
File: 1471550862888.jpg (35KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
1471550862888.jpg
35KB, 600x389px
>>32769420
Actually the easiest one to get is BDC, and as for the parallax I'm pretty sure that's what the 3rd knob is for, here's a better picture, the one I'm looking at is like the one on the right.

I do some target shooting too, is the BDC really that bad for hunting?
>>
will considering if its windy on the day of the hunt and you finally got your hog, deer in your cross hair you take your shot and your point of aim is off due to the wind.... because you don't have a hold over
>>
File: 1460015040716.jpg (97KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
1460015040716.jpg
97KB, 880x660px
>>32769473
I understand that could be a problem but I've never hunted anything past 100 yards, generally im back in the trees or over a very small opening. I don't think the impact will be very high at that range, I don't have a big open field to hunt in or anything.

On that note, wouldn't nikoplex be basically garbage then? since its just a straight crosshair?
>>
Well since you mention that you don't shoot anything pass 100yards... I guess the Nikonplex if fine.

I bought a NightForce SHV 5-20 by 56mm for my AR-10 .308... best buy by far
>>
I've got one. I'm not a fan of the BDC crap, especially useless if you hand load. The price you quoted isn't horrible, but it's not a steal.

If you like it, and you're comfortable with the performance of it then get it. You can always upgrade once you figure out what you like and don't like.
>>
File: 1457001670778.jpg (120KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1457001670778.jpg
120KB, 1155x1155px
>>32769577
>>32769599

Well the reason I say is that they charge more for nikoplex for....whatever reason.
So the BDC in FFP is the same price as nikoplex and i figured it would come in handy target shooing so why not.

Sounds reasonable enough right?

They will both cost $287.99 either way.
>>
At these prices, quality and performance are all about equal between reputable brands. It's just a matter of preference.
>>
>>32769608
Plus you get rock a range finder and use Nikon spot on app on your phone. I have been using it for all Nikon BDC scopes. As long as your zero is as good as you or your rifle/ammo can shoot, it really is dead nuts predictable.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.