[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I noticed there being a vocal group of people who are strong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Troy GAU-5.jpg (22KB, 510x255px) Image search: [Google]
Troy GAU-5.jpg
22KB, 510x255px
I noticed there being a vocal group of people who are strongly against buying and supporting anything produced by Troy around here over the past few years, namely due to their association with the ATF agent who took part in the Waco massacre. But seeing their release of the new vintage AR series at almost half the Colts cost, and doing stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg61neLT4cU makes me feel that they arent as bad as people around here make them out to be?
What do you guys think?
>>
Nope.
>>
>>32767842

I judge a company based on if they treat their customers well and listen to them. They seem to be checking that box so yes, I would buy it.
>>
You can build a CAR15 clone with a similar pinned muzzle device for cheaper.
>>
>>32767842
You said Troy and ATF in the same post. I, who knew nothing of this, now hate Troy. If you don't, you're not American and you're not a gun owner.

SHALL
>>
File: 1485042091862.jpg (32KB, 659x438px) Image search: [Google]
1485042091862.jpg
32KB, 659x438px
I don't buy Troy shit, Troy doesn't touch my guns.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/08/daniel-zimmerman/what-the-hells-the-problem-with-troy-industries/

Some things made by Troy that are not explicitly stated are
>Yankee Hill Machine sights
>Spikes Tactical Troy BUIS
>WOTG Proctor sling

There's plenty of reputable companies that actually stand for the 2nd ammendment with good people backing their products like Magpul, BCM, Geissele, Blueforce Gear and Daniel Defense.

They also make a better product than Troy. Fuck Troy.
>>
>>32767925
What is that muzzle device, anyways? Is it a extended compensator?
>>
ive bought troy products because the products are good for the price. i dont give a fuck id happily buy soviet or chink guns if they w?ere on the market why should troy be different just cause one person working for the company shot at americans.plenty of gun companies do stupid shit but i dont give a fuck if the products acceptable.
>>
File: 00B0B_hTLCDPpjipJ_600x450.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00B0B_hTLCDPpjipJ_600x450.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
>>32767842
I bought a set of troy sights for my AR a year ago. Had to adjust the windage way to the right - very irritating. Upon close inspection I discovered they drilled the hole for the front sight post off-center.

Will never buy anything from them again.
>>
>>32767842
I have bought Troy and would not hesitate to buy Troy again in the future.

Their repro/clone offerings are impressive given the price point.
>>
>>32767842
I like to have a forward assist on an AR.
>>
Apparently they fired the guy after the shitstorm about it all.
>>
>>32767842
>around here

try the entire internet
>>
>>32768058
regulator
basically a suppressor
>>
>>32767842
pretty sure they fired the dude, seems pretty based too me. Will buy the carbines if they good
>>
>>32768392
did you even try to get it replaced?
>>
>>32768923
At maybe 10dB of suppression.

It just helps backpressure because the gas system wasn't as capable as the longer barrels/gas tubes, which spawned this workaround.
>>
okay dumb question here... Since their barrel is 12.5 inches does that mean they are SBR's?
>>
>>32769135
Might be circumvented by that 6 inch dong on the end of the barrel
>>
>>32769135
No because the muzzle device is permanently affixed.

It's also worth noting that the original CAR muzzle break had a very limited suppressing aspect, but that had to be specifically removed to make sure it wasn't classified as a suppressor.
>>
>>32769107
The originals had a baffle like system and did lower the dB level a bit. They were deemed supressors by the ATF. These and others like it are giant flash hiders, not that they work in that that capacity. Mine( a build) shoots fire at least four feet
>>
>>32769157
yep just watched some vid reviews, it does circumvent it.
>>
desu senpai I like their trigger guard and ambi mag release

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>32769135
No. The flash hider is permanently attached giving the legal length.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.