[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point do you call off a range day due to weather? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG0325[1].jpg (2MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0325[1].jpg
2MB, 4208x2368px
At what point do you call off a range day due to weather?

I need to go get some range time, but forecast is calling for snow tomorrow for my 'Sunday.'

What do?
>>
File: IMG_4862.jpg (2MB, 3264x2176px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4862.jpg
2MB, 3264x2176px
I'm not a super tuff guy who glorifies doing things in shitty conditions intentionally, I like to be comfortable and enjoy my leisure activities, but sometimes it is fun to take something you normally do one way and change the scenery. I rarely see snow so I like to shoot in the snow.
>>
I went to the range with my nugget on day where it snowed in the morning.

Just me and the range officer. It felt good shooting my nugget in the cold.
>>
>>32766973
Snow is fun to shoot in
>>
>>32766973
-40C/F or powerful storm.
>>
As long as I can physically get to and from the range, range day is on.
>>
>>32766973
That's more of a case by case call mate. I'd probably call off a range day in snow at a temp I couldn't stand in comfortably for more than an hour. Also if it's pissing down snow while shooting. Also take into account getting to the range. Can your car do it? Also how desperately do you want to shoot/need to shoot. If this is your only opening to shoot for a while then go for it. If shooting comes by often then save for a better day.
>>
>>32766973
This>>32767083
>>
>>32766973
>not wearing all white
>dusting off the Nugget
>printing nazi profile targets
>living a white-death fantasy
>>
I call it off when I can't drive there, be it very heavy rain or snow or just iced roads. Even very hot day, although it would have to be REALLY hot.
>>
>>32766973
Heavy rain is all we get and hurricanes, so, really really, heavy rain. I just bring a change of clothes and pretend I'm invading Britain.
>>
File: torni_disappointed.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
torni_disappointed.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>32766973
>proper storms
>strong wind
>lightning
people regularly get killed by tree falls here and if strong winds come through the roads can be blocked for a few days. i've cut and pulled my way out through fallen trees when storms hit during hunting seasons past but i'm not cutting my way into the woods unless i've had it planned months ahead.
i don't mind shooting in the cold, snow, or heat and frequently shoot in rain.
i think i actually prefer shooting in the winter because fewer people are innawoods.

>>32768240
>white death
>shooting nazis
>>
>>32769274
>>white death
>>shooting nazis
It was ruskies wasn't it? I knew I fucked something up when I typed that but I couldn't be bothered checking wikipedia to be sure.
>>
I try to avoid rain. That's to say if I'm standing at home and it's pouring I'll call it. If I make it as far as the car it's on!

I own an umbrella for a reason.

I've only ever shot in snow twice. I was already up at my bros cabin, when it snowed. 15 yrs working in that shit I've had my fill of cold!
>>
>>32766973
Ive' gone in very cold temperatures, below zero. It's usually not fun and if your range is a long drive away, it's not worth the trip
>>
temperature is what usually turns me off

I won't go alone below maybe 20, but I'll go down to about 0 or -5 if friends are going

We usually end up only going for an hour in that temp and that's boring
>>
the only time I won't go is if the roads are impassable. I live in a very hilly area, so when the snow and ice comes (thankfully it's rare) I actually can't get to any of my shooting spots because they're all up in the hills on unplowed logging roads. In fact, I'm unable to shoot right now. It's been the roughest winter here (oregon) we've had in many years, so all the access roads in the hills are coated in ice and snow, even though the actual roads are paved and totally driveable. it's frustrating.
>>
>>32769365
Yes, he fought in the Winter War against the Soviet Union.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.