[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he looks down on "POGs" Thanks a lot, Generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: tmp_8730-2007_janFeb-563522497.jpg (121KB, 480x621px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8730-2007_janFeb-563522497.jpg
121KB, 480x621px
>he looks down on "POGs"

Thanks a lot, Generation Kill. Wars are won by support.
>>
>>32763926
I've unironically always wanted some game where I could materially affect the outcome of a conflict purely by controlling the flow of supplies to combat units.
>>
>>32763926
Sustainment is absolutely critical, and nobody denies that (or they're shithouse retarded). But at the end of the day there are still only two branches:

Infantry and Infantry Support.

Not saying POGs should be looked down on in the slightest, but there is nothing wrong with drawing that line. If it upsets someone? Well then they shouldn't have been a fucking POG.
>>
>11beverything.jpg
>>
>>32763926
>Fuelers
>Implying I didn't pump my own gas in afghanistan
>Implying you couldnt just send one guy per squad to a 40 hour course and have them perform just as well
>>
File: IMG_3309.jpg (103KB, 604x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3309.jpg
103KB, 604x800px
Logistics convoys don't seize objectives. Bulk refuelers don't locate, close with, and destroy the enemy through fire and maneuver. Supply warehouses and fork lifts do not clear key terrain of hostile forces in support of follow on operations.

While providing a needed and often vital service that enhances the war fighters ability to impose himself onto the enemy, he is not the one fighting the war. Wars ultimately require the application of violence to be won. They do not require the butchers, bakers, and candlestick makers that, while helpful, do not apply violence where it is needed.

TL;DR If you aren't infantry, you exist solely to support the infantry.
>>
>>32765308
Spoken like a true infantryman. There's a reason they make you dumb motherfuckers walk everywhere.
>>
File: IMG_3205.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3205.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32765509
0203-Ground Intelligence Officer, I've done the infantry thing; I've done the POG thing. As much as the grunts may be filled with knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, illiterate man children; they are the ones who fight the battles. You don't win wars without winning battles; POGs do a lot to help tip the battle in favor of that grunt, but they don't win that battle without the grunt.
>>
>>32765509
Nothing he said was incorrect.

>>32765592
> I was basically infantry
>>
File: Frida Mofette 03.jpg (552KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Frida Mofette 03.jpg
552KB, 1275x1650px
Pög, may I have some öats?
>>
>>32765509
>he doesnt know about mechanized infantry

Lol and we're the dumb motherfuckers?
>>
>>32765592
>Marine
LOL
>>
>>32764380
Squad promises this, but somehow I doubt playing logistics would be a full time job. Right now after you supply a couple FOBs there's nothing to do.
>>
>>32763926
This.

Reminder that the first major victory in American military history was made possible by an unprecedented feat of logistics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_train_of_artillery
>>
>>32765090
So are you suggesting that your unit should also buy and maintain a fleet of fuel tankers?
>>
>>32765680
>implying you couldn't just give an 88M hazmat training
>>
>>32763926
>ITT: short man syndrome
Have fun being the perpetual bottom in the relationship.
>>
>>32765680
>>32765690
>Implying the hemmtt couldn't just go in the battalion motor pool
>>
>>32765626
>Pogs make the infantry carry all the fucking ammo to resupply the IFVs

lol

Enjoy having no soft knee tissue.
>>
>>32765728
It's like you take pride in not doing your job. That's why people assume the military is filled with nothing but welfare queens. It's also why the grunts resent the POGs. Zero penalties for subpar performance when they are punished for seemingly minor infractions.
>>
>>32765592
Neither does infantry do anything of value by itself. Without armourers, transport, intelligence, food, water, fuel, etc., to say nothing of artillery, air and armour, infantry is just a bunch of mildly intelligent naked guys with bad backs and knees in the middle of nowhere. Don't piss on the people who make your job possible, troop.
>>
>>32765871
>A functioning armed forces requires all parts to be working in cohesion
Wow who knew?
>>
File: IMG_2042.jpg (34KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2042.jpg
34KB, 500x372px
>>32765871
The point is, as a POG, that I recognize why I exist and where my efforts fit into the machine. When we put more emphasis on support personnel than the guy in the most danger and need of support, we lose our focus on what really matters.
>>
>>32764380
yes me 2!
the closest thing to it is:
http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/Pro/FutureForce/FutureForce.ASP
I wish there was something like this but supply and administrative logistics were considered as well as deployment/intelligence
>>
File: 2jg43tt.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2jg43tt.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>32766005
Everyone should just focus on doing their job and ignore the ginned up rivalries from the green weenie dickriders. Realizing that I legitimately did not care that I wasn't in "The Real Army" to anyone who didn't share an MOS and was from roughly my age group was profoundly liberating.

When I got out of the Army I expected to be done with all this shit, then I went to the railroad and discovered a brand new world of obnoxious departmental rivalry.

The ride never ends.
>>
>>32766286
torrent hash: ea3252ac89c14d15aeaa06079eb6b32d4b46fc74
>>
>>32766286
there is a game by the same company called fueling the force but it is strictly concerned with refueling operations. which is cool.
though it is military only developed for the general staff college at leavenworth. which is not cool.
intricate logistics from brigade to defense department/ministry would be a much better war game than the poorly modelled strategic war games their shitting out these days
>>
>>32765647

Good stuff.
>>
>>32765634
There are guys who do full-time logi in ARMA and PR. I expect that Squad will eventually have a role for them too.
>>
>>32766831

Link. How would that even work? I can't shoot for shit in ARMA so I usually take on a support role whenever my friends and I play.
>>
well its because POGs act like they did the infantry's job when at bars, at work, or at school. No POG will ever admit that we was basically a civilian with military clothes to anyone else. They act like they were kicking down doors but in reality were in some huge city sized base with showers and a TGI fridays. I can always tell the POG b/c they mention they were in some branch but never mention what they did. And when you ask their voice softens and they quickly change the subject. I do this to vets all the time. I just ask them some stupid sounding questions like what part of the Army were you. What was your job and act genuinely interested. When they spill their beans about being some radio operator I just keep a straight face and act like its the coolest thing in the world. Its funny seeing the disappointment every POG has when he realizes hes caught out and can't play the badass operator card anymore.

One army POG I met at the smoke pit in school bragged about how he kicked the gunner out of the turret when taking pop shots because he didn't "shoot enough" which sounded to me like some shitbag pog e-4 kicking someone who knows escalation of force out of the seat b/c he thought he was billy badass.

Some POGs I meet are cool when they accept what they are. But rarely do they. They pretend to be operator till caught out.
>>
File: russianengineerreally.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
russianengineerreally.png
375KB, 763x960px
POG is a state of mind not a physical entity.

A person who brags about being top shit while being rear echelon is POG.
A person who calmly and humbly does his job being rear echelon is not a POG.
>>
Infinity win battles, logistics win wars. History is littered with lost battles thanks to a failure of logistics. If infinity don't have what they need they lose battles and that leads to a lost war.
>>
>>32767896
This anon gets it.
>>
>>32765700
>Not wanting to be the bottom
>>
>>32766903
I've only seen them in other people's ARMA videos. Logi guys show up from time to time in Dyslecxi's stuff. I think they only exist when you play with one of those really big and organized communities like ShackTac and it's probably more of an RP thing than actually necessary.
>>
>>32763926

former e4 mafia logistics dude here

it's a mindgame, but there's also some units that are shit. mine in particular had a wife beating, rape, suicide, armed robbery, arms trafficking and drugs trafficking problem. we were basically a cartel organization.

i felt like i was a criminal working at autozone/staples most of the time. our platoon motto was, 'EVERYTHING WE DO IS ILLEGAL!' because we fucked so much shit up it was just laughable, sorry taxpayers lmao

however our shitty unit made mental health decline so rapidly in our ranks it inspired most of our mechanics to become special forces rangers and make it through selection, god bless america 10/10. POG really is just a mindset, some dudes either give a fuck or they don't. Even infantry has its POGs, those one or two guys who are just fucked up for the rest of the ride. At the end of the day we're on the same ship of watching tranny acceptance slideshows and PT belts, and end up being looked down upon by condescending nu-age faggot generation civilians in the outside world that were fortunate enough to not have to live dysfunctional lives.
>>
>>32769902
is the e4 mafia thing a joke or is it actually because american armies are essentially like cartels
>>
>>32769980
it's due to the fact that e4s are experienced, authoritative and cooperative while corporals on up are competing for rank
>>
>>32764390
besides, last time i was in the AOR, all army regardless of mos were working in combat roles,not to the extent of infantry,but still they were getting used for i guess you'd call it combat support roles?, but yeah unless thats changed,if you deploy, you will be put into a position where you can see combat.
>>
Where's the line between grunts and POGs?
Are only infantry grunts or do AFV crews and artillerymen count too?
What about combat pilots and seamen?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.