[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morning /k/ommandos, I've been following the Masada project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (98KB, 800x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 800x336px
Morning /k/ommandos, I've been following the Masada project since it was announced, and recently have been seriously considered buying the ACR/masada. Would it be worth it or is it a meme gun?
>>
If you've got money to drop and you like it when people say "huh....neat" a lot then go for it bro

I might be talking out of my ass here but wasn't there problems with the gas system or something, I might be thinking of a completely different rifle
>>
>>32747781
I heard it had some slam firing problems with the 6.8 load
>>
Remington fucked it. Move on.
>>
>>32747795
Why must everything I love die.
>>
>>32747759
>Stock doesn't lock folded
>Doesn't return to 0 after breakdown
>>32747795
>Horrible QC
>Horribly noseheavy
>Can't use the ambi control without moving your hand 'cus the lever gets caught on your finger
>Shit trigger
>Sights it comes with are worse than Magpul BUIS
>>
>>32747807
Is there anything I could potentially do to it aftermarket that would help? I'm not sure how compatible the internals are with aftermarket AR shit.
>>
>>32747815
Yeah, buy a scar16.
>>
File: 1476354448292.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476354448292.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
>>32747759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW-VWJM5ZgU
>>
>>32747815
If you want an AR180B clone, your only other real choice is a SCAR-16.

The Sig MCX is an option, but Sig's new CEO makes me fucking nervous, as does the recent mandatory MCX recall and it's pencil barrel. Sig's CEO is the guy that ran Kimber into the fucking dirt.

Also, the MCX has a creepy 7lb trigger for god-knows-why, which is pretty unacceptable for such an expensive rifle.

You're honestly better off buying an AR with a Ballistics Advantage barrel and a Triggertech trigger. Timney for baller points.
>>
>>32747759
You know that annoying ass rich kid in high school? Like his parents were ridiculously loaded, and he always blabbering on about he was gonna be the next big thing in X. Like he'd say he'd be the next Bob Dylan, a supreme Court Justice, president, Monnet, and Gordon Ramsey, all in one. He'd be in the smart classes with you but always seemed to fail the tests, said he was going to an ivy league school but went to community college instead. You're in a cozy 50k a year job and you meet him and he's taking your order at Chipotle saying he's still going to be those things.

That's the ACR, all the money thrown at it and it became a useless piece of shit who can't even take a simple task without fucking it up
>>
>>32747888
It honestly makes me sad. Nagpur is kind of a meme company but at least they woulda made it work. Then some bullshit with the utility right or something happened and now bushmaster/Remington made it so much worse. I just really liked how the gun looked, and if it was made cost effective, barrel/lower quick change kits would be pretty useful for SHTF scenarios. But alas, cucked again by shit companies.
>>
>>32747918
**Magpul
>>
>>32747918
magpul isn't a meme company, they make good shit
>>
>>32747985
Everything they make is mediocre.
>>
>>32748023

It functions the way it's supposed to, nothing more. Furthermore it's light, comfy, and cheap.

>>32747759

This whole thread reeks of, "I want an AR, but I'm too much of a faggot snowflake to get an AR".

Your options:
Buy a bullpup (not my taste, but to each his own)
Buy an HK93 clone
Buy an AK of some form
Buy a SCAR

Or buy an AR and stop whining.
>>
>>32748042
>"I like this gun"
>STOP BEING A FAGGOT SNOWFLAKE
>>
>>32748049

No, it's, "what should I know about this gun?" Followed by everyone showing/telling OP why it's shit. It's not really a competitive option, at all.
>>
>>32747815
ACR is compatible with all AR triggers, but non drop in triggers where you have to fiddle with all the springs and shit are extremely annoying to install. You have been warned. Otherwise great gun would recommend.
>>
>>32748042
>Stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>32747815
Shrubmaster announced spare ACR barred at shot this year. That doesn't mean theyre actually going to be available but hey we can hope
>>
>>32748023
Finally! Someone agrees with me. Other than sights, slings, stocks, glock mags and AR mags, it's all crap!
>>
>>32749401
Yeah. As an owner, I actually really dig it. I bought the hype when it came out. Haven't really regretted it. At first I hated that it seemed to be going nowhere but it has been super reliable and I don't mind it being a little nose heavy. The folding stock makes it great in the truck.

If you like it, get it.

My only real complaint, and I mean real complaint, is the safety. It's a little annoying without gloves. Other than that it's one of my favorite guns desu.
>>
>>32749688
Love it too, but living in commiefornia means I have to cuck it in so many different ways. Breaks my heart to see the folding stock fixed, bullet button installed, and 10 round mags fed through it. :(
>>
>>32749440
Available later this summer only in 5.56 with a modest price tag of only $599. Fucking trash desu, might as well buy those custom barrels for only a little more.
>>
>>32747759

If you've been following it since it was announced then you know that it's gone nowhere.

Even the "Remington" ACR 2.0 that was supposed to be fix everything wrong with it was shitcanned.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.