[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In NY just bought an AR and have the retarded looking spur grip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ASAFEACT.jpsa.jpg (39KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
ASAFEACT.jpsa.jpg
39KB, 661x496px
In NY just bought an AR and have the retarded looking spur grip How retarded would I be to put a pistol grip on it and have a " assault weapon".I don't have my own land and belong to a private club.
>>
>>32743576
Well you can't shoot it at the club or you'll go to jail, and you can't shoot it at a home invader or you'll go to jail, so I would say "pretty fucking stupid"
>>
>>32743576
I too have a spur grip, use it when you go to a public range or transport your gun. I'm not going to tell you to break the law and put a normal pistol grip on but who'd find out if you only kept it on when you were in private?
>>
do it, fuck your states bullshit laws, and buy thirty rounders in your free neighbor states
>>
>>32743593
Well an old timer at the range has the same M&P 15 and was shooting with the stock pistol grip. Maybe he's so close to death that he doesn't give a fuck about what'll happen.
>>
>>32743596
very close to Vermont.... this is awfully tempting.
>>
>>32743646
AFAIK there's no law here prohibiting you from owning magazine parts, go to VT and buy mags. Take them apart when you travel back.
>>
File: neuter the SAFE Act.jpg (345KB, 1193x1488px) Image search: [Google]
neuter the SAFE Act.jpg
345KB, 1193x1488px
>>
>>32743697
Wouldn't buying one with a maglock be cheaper for converting? A mag release is like $15-$20.
>>
>>32743697
If only I didn't live in rural NY...
>>
>>32743762
*did
>>
>>32743762
Funny part is most of the rural NY agencies don't give a fuck. There is a reason the non compliance is so high.
>>
>>32743723
A lot of the over the shelf mag locked ones are epoxied in. Getting a lower and just building it the way you want it is prob the best way to go. That way your not buying stuff your not going to use.
>>
>>32743576
A private club is the most dangerous place to be. They are generally full of LEO types. Guys who will have their own non-compliant AR's. You will get lured into a false sense of security, whip out your AR, and all of a sudden range member dodo, whether in or out of uniform shows you his NYSP ID and demands to see your badge
>>
>>32743576
I moved out of NY 5 years ago to TX. I wonder when trump's Court declares AWB's unconstitutional if it would be worth coming back to upstate NY.

Nah, I'll enjoy my HPA NFA free cans.
That said relief soon because universal reciprocity is coming and it's directly targeting NY and NYC
>>
>>32744491
>Funny part is most of the rural NY agencies don't give a fuck
>most

Sounds like a pretty high stakes gamble, that one cop who goes by the book might be the one who stops you.

I don't know much about the safe act but I would imagine violations are all automatic felonies. I suggest leaving ny if you want a pistol grip that bad.
>>
>>32744989
Oh I'm not saying do it, that's asking for trouble, just pointing out that for a lot of the state the safe act has been a non issue. I just enjoy the fact that Cuomo and Chucky Cheese thought it would change upstate any.
>>
>>32744946
Funny part about the reciprocity thing
It allows outside states to bring their CC into NY state and NYC (assuming law enforcement and polititians dont completely ignore the federal law)
But it doesn't allow NY state CC holders into NYC
There would probably need to be some sort of challenge, lawsuit, law amendment, or guinea pig test case to change it
>>
>>32743576
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/S879 Support this bill, it reduces the area in which the SAFE Act will apply. It's not a complete overturning but it certainly helps.
>>
>>32743576
>In NY just bought an AR and have the retarded looking spur grip

I had to look this up, I have never heard of a spur grip-- I live in Arizona--, and had to laugh at the State's definition of an "assault weapon."

I'd sell the AR and buy an SKS. Fuck 'em.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.