[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A little birdie gave me a gift from the /plg/ gods to bestow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 21

File: Untitled.png (706KB, 1653x802px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
706KB, 1653x802px
A little birdie gave me a gift from the /plg/ gods to bestow on you. Enjoy this nice render.
>>
>>32742930
Pic not related?
>>
>>32742930
I don't get it, is this the picture he posted where he 'censored' the action? Why the fuck was he hiding it in the first place?
>>
>>32742960
Nope, maybe someday they'll deliver a good render. One can always dream.
>>
Literally a blowback tube gun with a 3d printed stock
>>
File: PL-9.png (809KB, 1669x850px) Image search: [Google]
PL-9.png
809KB, 1669x850px
>>32742980
Generating hype.
>>32742984
What's a "good" render in your opinion?
>>
>>32742930
am I supposed to somehow make all those useless curves with a file?
>>
>>32742990
Bretty much. The most complex part is the barrel.

>>32743002
The stock will be 3D printed, so no.
>>
File: SwedishK.jpg (19KB, 1024x396px) Image search: [Google]
SwedishK.jpg
19KB, 1024x396px
>>32743002
Don't worry! It will be 3D printed so no files required!

You could also just have a tubegun with a stock like a Sten or a Swedish K, that's an option that not even Vietnam could prove wrong.
>>
>>32743092
Yeah, tubeguns like that are easy, but also illegal if they fire from an open bolt. This model does not function that way.
>>
>>32743120
You know they do build kits for closed bolt tubeguns, all the way back to a closed bolt rig so someone can build a Lanchester SMG if you manage to find a parts kit.

An halfway intelligent guy could even build a closed bolt version of Bill Holmes SMG design if they really wanted to.
>>
>>32742930
Yeah, I totally believe that will be able to sold at a profit at $100, despite those Crickett 22 rifles, Hi Point pistols, and break action shotguns not being able to meet that price point. Why the fuck are these threads still going?
>>
>>32744174

A Glock only costs about $150 to make, and this is way simpler and easier to make.
>>
File: 1461761894661.jpg (133KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1461761894661.jpg
133KB, 675x900px
>>32744423
what about all the machines to make everything and the labor or the factory to make the shit in? how much dose that shit cost?
>>
>>32744482
Camels, Jim Beam, Slavshit, and sandbags. That man has found the true meaning of happiness.
>>
File: aQnGxDd_700b.jpg (51KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
aQnGxDd_700b.jpg
51KB, 500x751px
>>32742930
>home made
>striker fire
>blowback
>under $100

wew
>>
>>32742930
That literally looks like an AR7 with a different furniture rapped around it, with a charging handle placed behind the chamber. Oh, and made out of a pipe.

Honest to god, if you want your $100 profit dollar gun, get yourself a Sten schematic (which isn't that hard given Google just hands it to you.)
>>
>>32744625
>get yourself a Sten schematic
Have you actually looked at what goes into building a STEN you stupid shit? Hi Point carbines have less complex machining and still sell for $200+.
>>
>>32743000
>Generating hype.
by that you mean he will never deliver
>>
>>32744870
he's stopped posting on /k/ lel
>>
>>32744625
>>32744738
The Sten is a bad example, I agree. Lots of stuff there that could be simplified.
>>
>>32744907
Idk, he did keep blaming the Jews and specifically IWI for ruining his threads so maybe they finally got him. Either that or all the samefagging wore him out
>>
>>32744625

Other than that it's straight blowback, there's literally nothing the same as an AR7.
>>
>>32743000
a good render is done outside of a CAD program in something like Blender or Maya.

It has textures and more importantly shaders applied and is rendered using a ray tracing engine and various light sources in a scene.
>>
>>32745006
He actually got banned for a week for soliciting. He's shutting down any and all donations so that won't happen again.
>>
>>32745006
Maybe if he spent half as much time on the actual gun as he spent splattering his napkin drawings all over /k/ he would have gotten somewhere.
>>
How does rifle shoot if it has no trigger?

How does rifle shoot straight of sights aren't adjustable?
>>
>>32742930
Wow it will go great with my desert tech mdr and hmg sturmgewehr.
>>
>>32742930
>>32743000
post the file somewhere and i'll slap some textures on it and render it
>>
File: 1484780766224.jpg (8KB, 374x378px)
1484780766224.jpg
8KB, 374x378px
>>32744174
Honestly price isn't the point, as long as it's not rediculous. That may be the idea behind it, but any continued interest in this project is probably going to be based around it's being a literal meme gun, as well as a fun project. It's a novelty.
>>
>>32742930
So basically just a direct blowback pipegun as I expected.
Points of note:
1. The barrel is poorly attached to the stock, I wouldn't be surprised if the thing shakes itself apart fairly quickly.
2. Grip looks really uncomfortable eoth the trigger guard waaaay above the wrist axis.
3. Sights are part of the stock - non adjustable, not rigidly attached to the barrel, and made if printed plastic.
4. Poor cheek weld. Cause who actually beeds to look down the sights?
5. They seem to have decided to wrap the action tube in the stock. Or decided to just run without a fube, using only the stock. In which case there will be horrible wear and the thing will self disassemble.
The more I see of this project the more I'm worried that the guy behind it will end up injurung himself because he has no clue what he's doing.
>>
>>32743000
>What's a "good" render in your opinion?
That's a preview, not a render.
>>
>>32742930

As shown, the thing can't be assembled.

The guy decides on an arbitrary price point before he even has a finished model, gets pissed off whenever people have constructive criticism and this is what he decides to show people.

Nice.
>>
>>32748638
/k/ has never produced a fucking thing it set out to.

anybody remember that game evil death nightmare?
>>
>>32748646

There are a LOT of people on /k/ who work in Engineering and Manufacturing. Many of whom have chimed in regarding his project. In every single case, he took the criticism and suggestions as personal attacks.
>>
>>32748666
because people don't like to have shit they created talked about in a negative light assumed or otherwise. That's human nature

i'm just too used to /k/ never putting up results for anything more complex than setting up an online store or the like
>>
>>32748699

I, myself, have a number of projects I'm casually working on in my spare time. But until all the drawings are done, suppliers have been located, a functional prototype has been made, etc... It's all still up in the air. This guy hasn't even figured out where he's going and he already planted his feet in the ground. He quite simply doesn't have the character for this kind of work.
>>
File: 2to3.png (160KB, 428x655px) Image search: [Google]
2to3.png
160KB, 428x655px
>>32748734
your probably right. I just wanted him to post the file so i could add textures and render it and guy never even came back to check his thread.
>>
File: render.jpg (335KB, 1600x810px) Image search: [Google]
render.jpg
335KB, 1600x810px
>>32743000
>>32748600 (me)
This is a render.

>>32748734
>I, myself, have a number of projects I'm casually working on in my spare time
Me too, and I never finish them because, hey, I don' have the knowledge...
>>
>>32749007
>guns of the 2100s
>>
>>32748699
>because people don't like to have shit they created talked about in a negative light assumed or otherwise. That's human nature
True, but it's a part of human nature you need to overcome if you want to make it anywhere in this (and many other) industries.
>>
>>32749007
>Me too, and I never finish them because, hey, I don' have the knowledge...

Is it software, engineering or production knowledge holding you back?
>>
>>32748767
Not giving you the file, as it's company property.
>>
>>32749677

>Suppress internal geometries
>Export as a unitless filetype

Or, you know, learn to do renders.
>>
>>32749655
Engineering AND production. I' don't know the properties of the metal or plastic, or how to produce it, so I don't go further in the details and limit myself to realistic volumes. If I don't know how to do it I don't do it, I just jump to another "project"...
>>
>>32748271

1. No not really.
2. Maybe valid.
3. This is not a problem.
4. Also not a problem.
5. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>32751203

Well, if you'd like, I can give your project(s) a quick once-over. If I see any glaring issues or see a method you could reduce costs/improve performance, I'll point them out.

My /k/ email address is DrafterAnon (at) outlook,com.
>>
>>32751276
I see the creator of this fine pipegun has hopped in and done his usual wonderful job of ignoring 90% of criticism. Big things are ahead for you!
>>
>>32743092
>>32743120
So as someone that's working on a closed bolt tubegun, is there any reason NOT to make it bullpup?
That huge distance behind the receiver and short barrel on the default designs just grosses me out something fierce.
Plus moving the handle forwards gets you arguably not a rifle stock to play with.
Is the trigger the biggest engineering problem I am likely to have?
>>
>>32752041

Pretty much, yeah. The further away the trigger is from the sear, the more difficult it will be to make it not shit (Spongy, heavy, uneven, long reset, etc).
>>
>>32752041
Your only real options to shorten up the receiver length in a blowback tubegun is either make a telescoping bolt, or my personal favorite is the relocate the majority of the bolt mass above and forward of the breech like they did in the Walther MPL.
>>
>>32752503
My plan is to wrap the bolt around the barrel, and put the spring in between the two. That way I (theoretically, at least) only need to have an inch or so of bolt in the receiver, and no allowance for springs.
If that works then I just need to fiddle with bolt weight and spring strength to make it cycle properly without blowing out the back trunnion.
>>
File: resources.jpg (67KB, 498x480px) Image search: [Google]
resources.jpg
67KB, 498x480px
>>32745006
he was samefagging his last thread hard, He would post at least 2 replies to every one who called him a fag
>>32746852
well at least that might give hime some time to actually get something done(probably not)
>>32746866
this
>>
File: Pm63.jpg (262KB, 1975x765px) Image search: [Google]
Pm63.jpg
262KB, 1975x765px
>>32752041
>So as someone that's working on a closed bolt tubegun, is there any reason NOT to make it bullpup?

So left handed people don't get their facial hair set on fire?

>My plan is to wrap the bolt around the barrel, and put the spring in between the two. That way I (theoretically, at least) only need to have an inch or so of bolt in the receiver, and no allowance for springs.

That's getting quite close to just being an ordinary blowback pistol, or pic related.
>>
>>32752843
that is an awesome pic related
>>
>>32752843
Left handed people are not high on my list of engineering concerns, but mirroring the ejection port would be really easy.

I just want to make something you can build with hardware store bits and hand tools. I don't care what it's defined as so long as it's a closed bolt, semi auto doggo saving device. Will check out that pic related, looks sexy af.
>>
I really hope this works out
>>
File: pepe liberation.png (883KB, 1669x850px) Image search: [Google]
pepe liberation.png
883KB, 1669x850px
>>32743000
Alright,That barrel screw is really bothering me. It needs metallic threading (Which it might already have.) Also, it might be a good idea to make the receiver a separate piece made of something sturdier than printer plastic. This would help contain a cartridge that decides to fuck your gun and explode inside. Then you would have at least most of your fingers intact.
>Fuck MS paint
>>
>>32748767
where is this from?
>>
>>32754353
Remember he was planning on making it from hardware store pipe fittings. That connection is a reducing bell
>>
>>32754353

I'm more concerned of how he plans to get all the pieces into that chunk of plastic.

As shown, the barrel would have to teleport through solid matter to be installed because of his "not an issue" front sight being part of the handguard and wrapping around the barrel.

Every time I see these threads, I'm just adding more shit to my list of "I told you so".
>>
>>32754450
Quit being a negative Nancy
>>
STILL NO PLANS TO RIFLE THE BARREL

I'm one of the manufacturing anons who've been chiming in. Still waiting on a method of rifling and chambering the barrel at the $100 price point for the gun that is "just as good" as conventional manufacturing methods.
>>
>>32754450

The barrel is the same diameter at the trunnion and the muzzle. How is that so difficult to understand?
>>
>>32754450
Barrel screws into trunion, foregrip slides over barrel and into stock where it is attached. I can see this just by looking at it, is it that hard to understand?
>>
>>32754609
>>32754523

Hopefully he doesn't fuck the headspacing, then.
>>
>>32754634

A blowback gun isn't very hard to headspace. The bolt will close properly on the case head every time due to the recoil spring.

Got any other dumb objections?
>>
>>32754467
Barrel is going to be rifled via a proprietary method. NOT electrochemical.
>>
>>32754646
Do you even know what headspacing means?
>>
>>32749007
a e s t h e t i c

but seriously, that looks like the Apple iGun
>>
An angry retard, an aerospace engineer and an engineering student try to make a home made gun from plastic and 200 series stainless steel with absolutely no knowledge of gunsmithing or basic physics in general. How many fingers do they lose each before they give up?
>>
>>32754695

Do you?

http://www.orions-hammer.com/blowback/

Ctrl+F "headspace"
>>
>>32754794
>aerospace engineer
>knowledge of basic physics

I understand the insult, but bruh, rocket science is literally their job description.
>>
>>32744738
>>32744913
>complex machining
>bad example

Maybe if you have zero experience machining what so ever.
>>
>>32754794

The aerospace engineer and engineering student are the same person. The guy you're missing works in the firearms industry in manufacturing and selling magazines and magazine accessories.
>>
>>32754826
So your answer is no then.
>>
>>32754353
what the heck is this supposed to be? I could make this in a few hours in solidworks
>>
>>32754656
I'd love to see what retarded method they plan on using. Not like you can hammer forge a barrel at home and 'they' have stated it's not a homemade button rifled barrel either.

I'm gonna guess on it being an exciting pipe bomb or a halfway functional gun that keyholes like a bastard.
>>
>>32754894
Pipe bomb.
Ran the numbers based on size of reducing fitting used and type of steel he said he was using. Pressures of a standard 9mm are ~10kpsi over burst strength.
>>
File: US-Survival-Large.jpg (284KB, 2460x683px) Image search: [Google]
US-Survival-Large.jpg
284KB, 2460x683px
>>32745132
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's similar.

"Free" floating barrel, charging handle in the back, bulge in the rear, AR7 style magazine for both.

Adjust for bad detail, no trigger, different furniture, funny looking action, different iron sights. and wha la, it's an AR 7.
>>
>>32754867
How exactly could the head spacing be messed up?
>>
>>32754893
It is a very creative package for a pipebomb.
>>32754858
I somehow doubt a person working in the firearms industry could somehow contribute to such a poorly thought out design. Why someone wouldn't try and build a closed bolt Avenger or even go big and bang together a SPkrz or closed bolt LMR rifle instead of 'Big ReRe Fantasy' is a mystery.
>>
>>32754926

The depth of the chamber has to be pretty exact and, if you're screwing in the barrel, it has to be screwed into the exact right depth. If it sticks out, you're not supporting the chamber properly. If it's not screwed deep enough, it physically can't go all the way into battery. If you manage to fire in that condition, the casing will most likely tear and since there's no locking that will result in a KB.
>>
>>32754926
Leave too much of the casing sticking out and it blows up. How is this hard to understand?
With his design he will have to lock the bolt forward and check with a gauge, then ream, check, repeat until it's right. The barrel then has to be secured so that it doesn;t walk and fuck everything up.
>>
>>32754957
>>32754960

You guys really don't think a chamber can't be properly reamed to spec in a home garage?
>>
>>32755006

The fact that you think it's just reaming that is the issue is the problem.

Let's say you get the depth of the chamber perfect, but the shoulder for the threading isn't far enough from the breech. When you screw it into the receiver, there will be a gap between the breech and the bolt face.

One geometry relies on another. If you cut corners at step 1, by the time you get to step 5 things are dangerously out of whack. Ever heard of datum?
>>
>>32755006
Not given the postings of the designer and his supporters.
Someone who knows what they are doing will have no problem. An idiot who can follow directions would also be able to do it.
>>
>>32755006
We all know it can, seen quite a few people build closed bolt tube guns with minimal equipment. What everyone doubts is that someone who is working with plumbing fixtures and pipes and a steadfast refusal to even look at criticism will even make a half assed attempt to chamber it properly.
>>
>>32755037

Actually, now that I think about it, assuming that you'd even put a shoulder on it seems like a corner you'd cut, opting instead to just stop threading.
>>
>>32754450
>"I told you so"
the actual theme of these threads the designer has no idea what he is doing, refuses any input, and if you question him his only response is" that is a secret stop asking questions"
>>
>>32754656
>proprietary method
so khyber pass style using a hammer and a chisel in anons basement
>>
>>32755006
It absolutely can be done. I scratchbuilt a rifle in my home workshop. Bought a green mountain rifled barrel blank, headspace gages, and a chamber reamer set. Reamed the chamber using a floating holder on my lathe. Ported the barrel on my bridgeport with a dividing head and made my own form 1 integral silencer.

The meme team behind this gun is convinced that they can buy sewer pipe from the hardware store and turn it into a "just as good" final product. We've tried to help and been memed on so now I just come by to shit on his lousy threads and badly rendered stocks.
>>
Pepe liberator is back?
>>
>>32756892
and more assblasted than usual with even less to contribute
>>
>>32757084
Yeah I'd prefer these threads get deleted until the guy is fucking done and can show us it in full instead of wasting our time.
>>
>>32756786
You having a mental breakdown there?
I love that you apparently think everyone who points out the obvious flaws in your idea are clearly just hiding their great desire for a $100 pipebomb. Also to date you've demonstrated very little that shows you could build a Four Winds shotgun yet you keep yammering on about how your next 'model' is going to be a 5.56. You do know that would require a lockup system of some sort or a hugely heavy bolt for straight blowback?
Maybe you should take
>>32757084
>>32757149
into consideration and disappear till you've shown something halfway decent.
>>
>>32757385
You do realize people can see the number of unique posters in a thread right? Not hard to figure out someone is samefagging when three or four posts crop up and the number of unique posters doesn't change.
>>
>>32757540
Nah, I've been posting on this one and the very first thread where I suggested you look into the Wimmersperg Spkrz and you thought it was an AK. The rapid descent into retardation and JIDF blaming has been hilarious though, if this is an elaborate troll you're doing good.
>>
>>32757688
For fucks sake, it's called the Wimmersperg Spz kr, not Spkrz
>>
>>32757743
Couldn't be bothered to look it up, not like our resident pipebomb builder could tell it apart from an AK anyways.
>>
>>32757436
>Chill the fuck out
I'm not the one responding to dozens of people like an autist.
>>
>>32754371
daz studio
>>
>>32756786
>It's also ~100$ range, not 100 $. Big difference.

That's not what you've been saying since thread 1. Is reality starting to crash down on you already?
>>
>>32757385
>Sure it will, in a rifle round. This is a PCC.

If a 9x19 pistol with actual lockup can KB, then your straight blowback PCC all the moreso.
>>
>>32759282
Phew, good thing you deleted that comment, now the jannies will never know for sure whether you're ban-evading or not!
>>
File: uzi breech.jpg (46KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
uzi breech.jpg
46KB, 800x601px
>>32755037

No, he's not wrong there, for once. In a straight blowback 9mm, the thing headspaces off the cartridge shoulder, and beyond that, it's just a matter of positioning the barrel such that the breech end is where it needs to be for reliable feeding. Look at some versions of the UZI, like pic related; the barrel protrudes in like 6 inches from the front trunnion and just kind of dangles out there in the breeze above the feed ramp.

You might be well advised to put in some kind of a stop such that the bolt face doesn't ram straight into the end of the barrel when there's no cartridge to stop it first, but that's not strictly necessary for operation.

Headspace is critical for anything that locks up, but in straight blowback, the bolt just goes forward until it hits the end of the cartridge and can't go forward anymore. The headspace is right when the cartridge only sticks out just far enough to be reliably fed in and reliably extracted, but not so far that it explodes when the primer is struck.
>>
>>32742930
That's not a render.

Why not free float the barrel?

Why the extensive and complicated furniture geometry?

No adjustable rear sights?

Why the super long bolt travel for a pistol cartridge?
>>
>>32759271
>Look, X know you are trying to troll

>All criticisms are trolling attempts
>>
>>32759348

That was actually the first time I mentioned your gun blowing up.

>All negative criticisms come from one person

Any other coping mechanisms you want to use and make your ego look even more fragile?
>>
File: 1222361901351.jpg (51KB, 563x633px) Image search: [Google]
1222361901351.jpg
51KB, 563x633px
>>32759271
>It's not clever, I'm not upset

>>32759282
>It's not clever, X not upset

>>32759333
>X isn't posting.

. . .
>>
>>32759333
>Explain why you think that.

Well I'm assuming you'd make the stock out of a plastic or wood variety and it has all these curves and cuts that seem entirely uncessary. You could simplify the design by going with a stock design like a Sten series.

>3. No, comes with rail.

You could still free float the barrel at least though. I don't see a rail in that picture either.
>>
>>32759333
>4. That's already been discussed ITT
Just use a stronger spring. You'll reduce OAL and have less open area for dirt to get into as a result too.
>>
>>32756786

You can safely assemble a Sten from parts with as little as a wire feed welder and Dremel.
>>
>>32759386
That's your buffer spring? Where is the main spring then?
>>
>>32757385
Oh yes, I'm very threatened. I'm scared that the entire firearms industry is about to be btfo by a dank memer. I'm terrified that a rando frogposter will unlock the secrets to cheap firearm production which have eluded the dozens of government efforts to mass produce a dirt cheap rifle.

Why bother going to school and learning engineering? Why bother becoming a machinist and learning how to produce metal components? This whole time, we could have screwed together home depot sewer pipe and heat treated it in a toaster oven.

I will at least give you credit for reviving the old pipebomb meme.
>>
>>32759392
>I'm making them
No, X is making them, remember? Keep your story consistent, now!
>>
>>32759282
>know you are trying to troll
Why is always your default response to anything that has the slightest whiff of criticism?
>>
>>32759400
Semantics, whatever.

>>32759392
But you could just go with that option and come out with less operating costs (No expensive filament for making the stock, barrels are bought ready instead of having to make from blanks yourself.

I understand you're trying to re-invent the cheap any-man gun here, but this is not going to be $100 unless you're getting some of your materials for free somehow.
>>
>>32759386
>>32759375
>>32759333
>>32759282
>>32759271
Your posts read like a fucking Seroquel diagnosis.
>>
>>32759412
>but this is not going to be $100 unless you're getting some of your materials for free somehow.
>implying metal suppliers and machinists would not donate their time and resources to this clearly noble pursuit
It's a little thing called 'patriotism,' ever heard of it?! #rekt #yolo #memes
>>
The autism in this thread is hilarious
>>
>>32759908
You get way too defensive about shit. Also, your gun looks like trash.
>>
>>32759908
It's really funny how you're backpedaling on your price now and claiming it was never going to be $100 or it is going to be in the $100 range. All anyone has to do is check the archive and look at multiple threads where you confidently state $100 dollars is the price point right in the opening post.

It's getting sad watching you pretend to not be the idiot behind this whole fiasco, you should just hide yourself until you can show off a legitimate looking concept. Or kill yourself with a DIY pipebomb in your basement.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170124-081541.png (376KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170124-081541.png
376KB, 1440x2560px
>>32760072
Here we go, an OP straight from the retards mouth!
Unless this was an OP made by the JIDF to discredit him, and they stole his tripcode and got him banned because the Jew fears the autistic!
>>
>>32760100

I specifically remember him saying in a previous thread that it would not be a dollar over 100.
>>
>>32751276
Nice dodge.
1. Tell me, how much experience do you have with polymers in a high-impact setting? Because even just the bottoming out of the carrier in the reciever will put pretty high stresses on the stock, and cyclic stress kills them pretty fast.
3D printed stuff has pertty low specific strength.
3,4 so you're saying that having shitty sights you can't even look down, and which don't point to the point of impact if you could, and with a high probability of breaking *isn't a disadvantage*? Pull the other one. Do yourselves a favor and look at where sights are installed on various weapons, particularly the distance from the back of the stock to the rear sight and height above the cheekpiece.
5. Either there's a pipe inside the shell, in which casevery little thought seems to have been given to assembly, disassembly, and fitting, or there's no pipe so fitting and shit is fine but the structural integrity is beyond compromised.
And again, try not to die.
>>
>>32756786
WEW
more butthurt from our resident 'I know exactly what I'm doing, tensile strength doesn't matter' loony
Kindly go and stay go.
>>
>>32756786
You literally sound autistic. I guess I should've expected that when somebody on k said they planned on designing a gun.
>>
>>32742930
I still refuse to believe this is only going to cost $100, the 3D printed stock alone bumps the price up a lot.
>>
>>32760217
Shhhhhh don't tell him that, you'll ruin the epic decline of his hopes and dreams, recorded forever on a Ugandan fly-fishing forum, as bit by bit he realizes that engineering and firearms aren't a joke and actually require knowledge. Watch as thread by thread the price point goes up, his confidence goes down, and the design's only evolution is the accomodation for people with fewer fingers than average.
I plan on making a book of it.
>>
File: 1484193264684.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484193264684.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>32759919
It's fucking hilarious watching you go from napkin drawing to a jumble of hardware parts and a cut up 2x4 to magically a closed bolt (with no locking or delayed blowback mechanism) pipe gun with 3D printed furniture and rifled barrels made of pixie dust.

Do you still think all .35 caliber projectiles are the same and have no understanding of how cartridges headspace of why rimmed and unrimmed cartridges can't use the same fucking bolt?
>>
>>32760270
Remember, he plans on building a 5.56 rifle after he magically bangs this thing together. I don't think he realizes you either need a locking system or a giant bolt for that to work so Pipebomb Jr. might become Pipebomb Sr.
>>
>>32760637
I wonder if the 5.56 version will also cost $100.
>>
>>32742930
Neat. It still looks like garbage.
>>
>>32760637
rip anon then

kabooms of that magnitude can go right through regular eye protection and clothing
>>
>>32760669

The guy doesn't even believe a 9x19 can KB.
>>
You guys are just jealous of my super special fabrication techniques that the old timers are too scared to use!

They're secret and original tho do not steal can't tell you what they are
>>
>all his posts are delet
Did he get banned?
>>
>>32761149
He was supposed to be banned for a week for soliciting or somesuch
Trying to dodge that is a permabanable offense
>>
>>32752041
You could put an electric solenoid in there to push the firing lever. Then the trigger is nothing more than a switch where ever you located it with two wires.
Real men solder and use heat shrink.
Several electric triggers were made for small rifles, one startup is in hiatus not for legal reasons with the ATF, but for lacking capital to do it on a commercial scale.
Nothing stopping someone from fabricating something from an electronic surplus store or ordering a few solenoids from Digikey and Mouser.
A little mouse dropped the idea of directly firing powder and caseless mixtures with HV pulses.
A cell phone charger $5,
Lion battery $5
A lcd panel inverter supply from China $5 Capacitors and a single transistor $5 from surplus camera flash unit.
Or just put a solenoid and some exact mechanically consistent tirgger mechanism.

Getting rid of the finger shaking the mechanics of the trigger group and bolt, priceless.
>>
File: hmm.png (54KB, 926x361px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
54KB, 926x361px
>>32752843
>>
>>32761683
To be really honest I have put serious thought into using an electronic trigger on a bolt action bullpup rifle. Probably use a Mosin because I have a bunch of spare parts and one random action hanging around so I don't fuck up a complete rifle.
>>32761191
>>32761149
We can only hope his retarded ass got banned forever. We will miss the thread where he blows his hands off though.
>>
I've never seen an OP shot down and laughed at so openly and thoroughly. He even deleted his posts afterwards.

Sometimes I love you /k/
>>
>>32761800
Pretty sure a mod did that.
>>
File: iGun_Think_Different.jpg (44KB, 461x320px) Image search: [Google]
iGun_Think_Different.jpg
44KB, 461x320px
>>32754722
Why not just call it that? If it has a flexible design where you can position the sights, grip, cheek rest, adjust the shoulder pad.
Just be sure to include a lube/pot dispenser to motivate the web heads to market it.
All the industrial chemical processes should be done by an sub-sub contractor so your audit looks "clean" by the consumer.
Don't forget to outsource the support to the trailer trash Oregon commercial industrial parking lot area.
Put nets around the factory so the suicidal jumpers don't injure the dedicated workers like in China.
>>
>>32761899
>Why not just call it that?
Because this is MY drawing and I hate apple.
It's a famas btw.
>>
>>32752569
That sounds like a really good idea, desu.
>>
>>32751276
>sights have literally nothing to do with the barrel
>Thats not a problem.
Fuck , you're an idiot.
>>
>>32763287
It's either that or have a spring above the barrel. But that just seems inefficient to me. Especially on a design that will never go past 9mm.
>>
>>32742930
That's not a render, it doesn't even have all the fucking shadows turned on.
>>
>>32761800
He never deletes posts.
>>
>>32763545
Well someone came in and scrubbed all of the retardation out of the thread then.
>>
>>32763749
He was dodging a ban. So scrubbed and probably permabanned.
>>
>>32764405
Good riddance. Schizophrenia is a horrible thing.
>>
>>32764405
Why did he get banned?
>>
>>32764646
Solicitation.
>>
>>32765029

Mentioning that people can donate to him, specifically.
>>
>>32742930
Where is the rail?
How am I supposed to mount a $1000 scope on this $100 hunk of junk?
>>
>>32765691
Donate to him for this >>32742930 ?
I'm pretty sure I'll be more successful if I post my dick... 5$, ok?
>>
>>32742930

Clearly it's not there. Yet.
>>
>>32765815

Apparently some people asked how they could donate.

Maybe you wouldn't donate, but that's why it's called a donation and not a tax.
>>
>>32762440
Participating in /k means you are interested in making what people really want. That's the Apple formula, not necessarily make new giggle tech. I go back to the original Apple II and a mac service tech and have followed their tech for decades. Their strategy is cunning, if not for the lack of innovating new stuff.
Apple is sitting on 70+ billion dollars, cash. They could fund a mission to Mars, let alone make cyborg warfare a scary short term reality if they wanted to.
They make machines for non tech people who can't think the way computer people used to use them.
>>
File: aurora.jpg (1MB, 2200x1599px)
aurora.jpg
1MB, 2200x1599px
>>32742930
>Solidworks Insta-Render background gradient
.STL and .ASM with .PRT and tolerances with sheet notes when?
>>
File: FMJ02-720x405.jpg (34KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
FMJ02-720x405.jpg
34KB, 720x405px
>>32765912
>ze apple formula
Take a rest, dude, you're on the verge to be banned for fallacious advertisement.
>>
>>32752569
>>32763287

Congratulations you have designed a Walther PP
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.