[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine hemp being grown for a cheap bio-degradable source o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 123723283.jpg (50KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
123723283.jpg
50KB, 800x400px
Imagine hemp being grown for a cheap bio-degradable source of plinking bullet or "rubber" training bullets. That is one of the many applications of hemp, a federally illegal cousin of Marijuana. I found this youtube series quite funny and beneficial. Please consider watching it and If your stance changes on hemp, please do consider signing the white house petition.
Fun fact: The Chinese used hemp roots as a key component of gunpowder preparations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdECDa3n33Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6t4DDqpZAo

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/let-american-farmers-grow-hemp-once-again-create-jobs-and-rebuild-rural-economy
>>
>>32742888
This is /k/ - Weapons, not /lgbt/
Fuck off.
>>
>>32742888
Nice trips. Have a bump.
>>
>>32742965
>OP specifically related to weapons
>Thinking weed has anything to do with /lgbt/

When you depressed, autistic /pol/acks finally fucking kill yourselves? This shit is neat.
>>
>>32742970
Thank you based anon. Those ignorant of a multi-applicable plant should really be doing some research. High cost toilet papers? Forests being cut down for paper production as well as plywood? All solved by hemp. It also filters the carbon dioxide out of the eco-system and does not require pesticides to grow. I don't see any reasons for industrial hemp to be illegal on a federal scale. I do not fight for medical marijuana, I fight for its' cousin for the American economy and the potential billion dollar industry. I do think that bullets being produced from hemp would be neat for training and eco friendly plinking purposes as hemp is quite a hard material when combined with binders.
>>
hemp based projectiles
simunition type applications anyone?
>>
>>32742888
Industrial hemp has untold uses, firearms and everything else.
I figure you could probably make a very nice and resilient synthetic material using hemp-fiber, something that could be used for stocks or magazines.

And not to talk about as a replacement for general consumer plastic.

>>32742965
And yet YOU are here.

>>32743088
I figure there's a lot of strong shit you can make with industrial hemp, but wouldn't toilet paper turn out too rough?
>>
Fuck off pothead, no camouflage of legit hemp for your weed plantations.
>>
>>32743143
Toilet paper is definitely in there with hemp's potential. Hemp can be combined with cotton as well for a softer texture. Give it a couple years in the US market and innovation will do wonders for us. I just don't want to see china exploiting and exporting some super hemp that is grown with chemicals(i presume for growth height; more fiber, more money per crop) and getting slammed with a lawsuit when a child gets sick from a "safe" product when in reality it was grown with chemicals. They will make an example out of hemp then. Leave it up to the US to regulate it, I say. Honestly I'm more stoked about the seeds. The protein from the seeds are ridiculous per gram.
>>
>>32743217
I don't smoke marijuana or drink alcohol. I was enlightened by a few documentaries and thought I pass the knowledge as knowledge was passed to me.
>>
>>32743217
>proud bootlicker
>>
Are you sure it's illegal to grow hemp in America? It's not even illegal here in Australia...
>>
>>32743292
It is still illegal on a federal scale to grow industrial hemp but the laws are slowly changing as of this year. I believe this petition is what will help overturn the classification of hemp for all American farmers as the Hemp Farming Act only covers certain states. I just want to add as well that as a hemp farmer, they would need to regularly test their plants to ensure that it does not exceed 0.3% thc, which is what gets people high. A .22 hemp bullet would be something pretty sweet to see. Probably lower the cost on that particular round if anyone successfully makes it happen.
>>
>>32743343
That could work, assuming you can make the projectile hard enough to allow feeding, and heavy enough to allow cycling in an automatic.

Polymer jacketing is a thing that's been happening recently. If anything, you could probably make a synthetic out of hemp-fiber which could be suitable for jacketing lead with.

The idea of industrial hemp is really exciting, not just from an application standpoint, but the fact that it'd create a lot of jobs.
>>
>>32743418
>jobs
I'm there with you! Thanks for sharing the polymer jacket rounds. What an interesting read.
>>
>>32742888
Nice trips, hemp is an incredibly exciting material particularly in combination with other binders and additives I'm really looking forward to seeing what people will come up with to do with it once it is more available to experiment with
>>
>>32742965
> Doesn't want cheap, biodegradable bullets
> Doesn't want the hippies on our side for once

You know, OP isn't the faggot here, you are. Fuck off.
>>
File: plastic jacket.jpg (128KB, 800x361px) Image search: [Google]
plastic jacket.jpg
128KB, 800x361px
>>32743502
Yeah, it's pretty interesting. Look at this shit, it looks like candy. It's very clean in your bore, and actually reduces the potential for sparks against hard surfaces.

Of course, we'll never get rid of copper entirely, machined copper bullets can do some very interesting things (Lehigh does a lot of awesome shit with that), but I think synthetic bullet jackets on lead/bismuth have a very real chance of becoming the norm some day.

Industrial hemp could very well be a suitable material for making a bullet jacket, at least part of a compound, assuming you can get it just right.
>>
>>32743568
Even worse, he doesn't want to stimulate the American economy and create jobs, he might just be a filthy communist looking to keep the industrial hemp for himself!
>>
>>32743699
>we'll never get rid of copper entirely
>synthetic bullet jackets on lead/bismuth have a very real chance of becoming the norm some day

I do believe so as well. I'm off to the library to cram for a test but I'll leave with a quote, "Strength and wisdom are not opposing values."
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.