[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shooting corrosive ammo I seriously hope you guys don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1461551156709.png (328KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1461551156709.png
328KB, 451x451px
>shooting corrosive ammo
I seriously hope you guys don't do this. The effort it takes to clean that shit completely is enormous. After a day of shooting I want to go home and sleep. I don't want to worry about my gun barrel rusting as a result. I clean my guns two days later
>>
>>32742886
Just squirt some blue windex down it and let it run out then clean as normal.
>>
>>32742886

I don't shoot corrosive and I clean my guns right after a range trip.

What is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1431056520287.png (349KB, 399x590px) Image search: [Google]
1431056520287.png
349KB, 399x590px
>>32742886
>>
>>32742886
Clean it at the range, as part of packing up then. Doesn't take that long.
>>
Eat a dick. I shoot as much corrosive ammo as possible. All it takes to prevent rot is to rinse the barrel with warm water and spray frog lube in it.
>>
>>32742886
Nice excuse for a bad habbit.
>>
>>32742886
>After a day of shooting I want to go home and sleep

Not everyone is a landwhale that needs 4 big Macs before they get out of bed.

Cleaning your guns is half the fun of shooting.
>>
>>32742901
>Windex
Stop. You're spending more because of some internet fuddlore. "Corrosive" ammo just leaves hygroscopic salts in the bore. As in it's attracted to water. You're paying more money to spread water down the barrel. And no, the amount of ammonia needed to "neutralize" the salts will destroy the barrel more than the rust would if you didn't clean it. Plus, most Windex doesn't even have ammonia in it.
>>
File: 1484257102789s.jpg (4KB, 112x125px) Image search: [Google]
1484257102789s.jpg
4KB, 112x125px
I actually enjoy sitting down at my table, putting on some music or a video/movie or something, and cleaning my guns. I only shoot surplus stuff out of my M91/30 and M39 nuggets because it's cheap af. Stop being so fucking lazy and just clean it. It takes an hour MAX.
>>
>>32742886

Wat?

Wow, stay away from black powder shooting then.
>>
>>32742886

It takes like 10 minutes at the most to clean, how lazy are you?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.