[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going for an all black aesthetic with my new plate carrier/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: S71-1213-BLK.jpg (199KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
S71-1213-BLK.jpg
199KB, 1000x1000px
I'm going for an all black aesthetic with my new plate carrier/ shtf gear.

help me out /k/, i'm thinking about voodoo tactical plate carrier and some 5.11 pants. Any thoughts?
>>
>>32742528
>Voodoo tactical

Have fun playing airsoft.
>>
>>32742550
But in all seriousness, if you've got a SHTF bag, some cheap chinkshit plate carrier will probably be fine. Most of the gear queers here will tell you otherwise, but judge for yourself.
>>
There are plenty of better plate carriers on the market and all black is objectively the worst color combos unless you're a LEO.
>>
>>32742528
>no thanks, I don't want the free added benefit of concealment
Buying black gear is pretty much retarded.
>>
>>32742625
ok i'm a retard

now who makes the best black gear

>>32742591
it's my money senpai

>>32742559
thanks
>>
>>32742591
how the fuck are you suppose to dress up like a mall ninja if you don't use black as your color palette ?
>>
>>32742625
>when society collapses I want everyone to see me as the military with my camo plate

Okay
>>
>>32742809
Go Ranger Green/FDE/Coyote you dipshit
>>
>>32742809
>when society collapses

Never has and never will. Believing that it will is stupider than believing you'll actually be running around shooting people if it does.
>>
>>32742809
You, you're stupid.
>>
>>32742809
It's a fucking plate carrier asshole. That combined with your rifle isn't going to be inconspicuous.
>>
>>32742809

Nigga u r really dum.

For real.
>>
>>32742809
>I want everyone to see me as the military with my camo plate
So they'll just see you as a nutjob with a black camo plate, you are in no better of a situation.

You clearly haven't thought this through, and besides if you are actually interested about what to do in case of a SHTF scenario actually look your location's hazard risks and EOP's. Look for shelter locations, look for response and recovery strategies. Actually take the time to go to your county EM agency and go through CERT. Get all of your information, planning, mitigation, and preparedness out of the way before worrying about plate carriers and tactical gear.

You won't survive long on gear alone.
>>
Has anyone ever spray painted a black PC? I have brown and green spray paint.
>>
>>32743073

Nigga u r really dum 2.

For real again.
>>
>>32742945
>Never has never will
Normalcy bias is real

In an EMP or grid down scenario cities and urban areas would become flat out killing grounds in a matter of days.
>>
>>32743083
I mean, like, is it even worth it? I got it on sale. Yeah.
>>
>>32743073
No. Painted a black utility pouch I got for free and the paint just comes off.
>>
File: what am i reading (2).jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
what am i reading (2).jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>>32743113
>there will be an EMP or other situation where the power goes out for a few weeks
>everyone will just start shooting each other like we're in sub saharan Africa because they can't watch football

What world do you live in?
>>
>>32743142
New York

And yes they will, not necessairly running around shooting each other, but you can bet your ass people will be looting, breaking into other peoples homes for supplies and mass rioting.

You'd be surprised what happens when theres no water coming out of the taps, no food on the shelves and no electricity.
>>
>>32743142
>America
>Any metropolitan in America
>Any where close to black people who live stamp to stamp

t. All the niggers who rioted during the hurricane in Jew York that lasted a day.
>>
>>32743113

This. There are documented cases of stuff like this happening, even in America.

>>32743142

>like we're in sub saharan Africa

Many of the worst areas of the USA basically are sub saharan Africa, demographically.

>What world do you live in?

Certainly not anime world, you cartoon watching ass boy.
>>
>>32743113
You really don't believe that there are already EOP's that exist for that exact scenario? You would immediately see the entire place locked down under martial law.
>>
>>32743205
>>32743215
And here comes the racism. Classy.
>>
File: 90sguy.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
90sguy.gif
2MB, 360x202px
Are you going for 90's SWAT aesthetic?
>>
>>32743194
Why would you stay??? Pack your shit and evacuate.
>>
>>32743223
not really racist if it's true
>>
>>32743223

>gets BTFO
>"d...dats raycis"

That won't work here.
>>
>>32743275
We know, /pol/, we know
>>
>>32743216
I suppose but I'd rather not put all my eggs in one basket and rely solely on the police to protect me and FEMA to give me food/supplies.

I live in the suburbs and chances are they'd have their hands full in the city and would be stretched too thin to actually make it out this way on time. Especially in national, not just a state wide catastrophe.

>>32743223
Theres a reason people are racist towards ghetto trash, they have a tendency to chimp out and fuck everything up for everybody

>>32743241
The roads and highways would be bumper to bumper traffic jams and gridlock. Just one giant deathtrap really. I am considering getting the fuck out of this god forsaken state ahead of time however, before anything like that happens.
>>
>>32743362
>I am considering getting the fuck out of this god forsaken state ahead of time however, before anything like that happens.
Why not put the effort into actually understanding your city's EOP's and plans for your possible hazard risks rather than putting that effort into looking up plate carriers and shit you don't actually need?

I mean if you actually want to be prepared for such a scenario then actually prepare. If you want to play fantasy dressup for a fantasy scenario, by all means go a head, but at least admit it.
>>
>>32743394
I'm not OP btw just chiming in because some guy said society can "never" collapse.

I am very prepared for such a scenario (at least I think) I have tons of water, MRE's emergency gear and the like.
>>
>>32742528
Are you sure you want a plate carrier? With that budget you could get a decent chest rig but it won't hold plates. Are you factoring in the cost of plates? I think you should buy a good PC so you won't feel like replacing it later on when it falls apart. I have owned cheap gear and it fell apart in critical areas.

You could get a chest rig to hold mags, or set up a battle belt and save money. If you want the protection of plates then you really shouldn't skimp out. Cheap gear really does suck, even if you're just sitting on the couch watching action movies.
>>
>>32743419
Woops forgot to also mention guns and ammo
sage
>>
>>32743362
>I'd rather not put all my eggs in one basket and rely solely on the police to protect me and FEMA to give me food/supplies.

You don't have to rely on them. Understand what the plans and procedures are in your area as well as the associated risks and formulate your own plans and strategies and contingencies as well. Rule of law will eventually be returned you will likely have to account for any bullet you fire, especially if you wind up shooting or killing another person.

Be smart, be wise, and prepare. Find out where shelter locations are. Run evacuation routes at rush hour. All of those are going to be far more beneficial activities than buying plate carriers and plates. What about food and water rations? Survival gear, blankets, flares, methods for starting fires? Those things should come first.

It doesn't matter what color plate carrier you buy, it'll stand out regardless.

>>32743419
Society collapsing is a far far far off possibility. Any event is likely to be isolated to a specific area. Local, county, and state LE, DHS, FEMA, and other agencies already have plans and if the situation is so dire, they'll place the area under martial law and lock down the streets or perform mandatory evacuations.

In any case, the most likely situation where responders would not be able to enter right away would be that of a hurricane or other natural disaster where flooding or high winds may pose some of the largest hurdles. In those cases, there are usually warnings ahead of time to get the fuck out of the area and law and order will be restored.

I'm not saying don't prepare, hell, I'm not saying don't buy guns/ammo/plate carriers, I'm just saying be smart about it and really think it through. If you're going to spend the money for plate carriers and put in the effort, you might as well not short change yourself.
>>
>>32742654
Most companies make black variants, head on over to /gq/ and they have a list of good plate carriers and gear companies.
>>
File: benis.jpg (328KB, 1476x676px) Image search: [Google]
benis.jpg
328KB, 1476x676px
>>32743508
Like I said I'm not OP, not in the market for plate carriers but I hear what you're saying.
>>
>>32742528
Only stupid niggers named Alex buy Voodoo.
>>
>>32743422
I make 1600 a week after taxes so this is literally for fun.
>>
>>32743234
Yes.
>>
>>32744046
Then why are you cheaping out? Like, $100 more will get you a vest that will last a lifetime. What mag pouches are you thinking about? I have some 5.11's and tacos that I really like.

I'm looking at the shellback banshee or the mayflower apc. But I don't make that much and I want car parts right now. I just have a chest rig and a battle belt.
>>
>>32744190
Is 5.11 worth it?
>>
>>32744253
http://pastebin.com/8wjMuz3w
Here's a list of good plate carriers.
LBT has their LBT-6094's on sale on ebay right now for $200 as well.
>>
>>32744269
Thanks bro :) I just needed someone to steer me. I appreciate you.
>>
>>32744253
Sure. I've only used their mag pouches though. Their plate carrier isn't even expensive as far as plate carriers go. But they make good stuff.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.