[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that America is no longer protecting Europe could we see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1484948163141m.jpg (73KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1484948163141m.jpg
73KB, 1024x576px
So now that America is no longer protecting Europe could we see more European nations acquiring nukes or carriers?
>>
>>32741504
The Swiss will be the first to get a nuke carrier. Let the EU fund its own defense.
>>
>>32741504
Doubt most European countries could afford upping military spending due to all the welfare programs they have going.
>>
>>32741504
To protect us from what?
>>
>>32741558
Yeah, corporate welfare for billionaires
>>
>>32741562
Knock knock. Putin to the east.
>>
>>32741611
>implying putin gives two shits about europe
He makes more money selling us natural gas than America does from selling oil.
>>
>>32741611
It amuses me how everybody expects Trump to serve the Baltics and Poland to Putin on the silver platter, despite Estonia and Poland being among the few countries that actually do spend the 2% of GDP on the defense as required.
>>
>>32741504
>Carriers
>For defending a land border far away from the ocean

Infact, make that
>carriers
>for defencive warfare
>ever

Nope.
>>
>>32741562

Armatas could start their engines and be in Berlin in 24 hours.
>>
>>32741825
Let them defend themselves. American are tired of euros telling us that we should tax more for social programs when we're the ones spending money and manpower defending them. If trump scales back nato operations it will end up causing the eu to break up over defense spending.
>>
>>32742028
>btfoing poland and germany in under 24h

Nein
>>
>>32741948
Pretty much. Only reason to have a carrier is to rain air support on poorfag nations far from home on a whim.
>>
>>32742028
>armatas could start their engine
it's about a 50/50 chance. *if* they even start, 20/80 chance they make it to Poland. At least Russia still has a lot of t34s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgS9GA3nBco
>>
>>32742087
Meh, you cucks did it in WW1, WW2 and the whole CW. You will throw money on defending us again, trust me.
>>
>>32742117
>Tfw the engine in the T-90 is based on the same engine that was in the T-34
>>
>>32742124
You could try not tearing your continent apart k thx
>>
>>32741504
>all this liberal fear mongering on /k/
>muh drumpfs a putin puppet
>muh armata
>muh scurry russia
>muh russias gon' retake berlin
I swear to god it's like the libs have convinced everyone the coldwar is still on and about to go hot as of the last US election. The liberal fear mongering is real. The armata tank is a fucking joke, plus what? They have like 20 of them? Yeah, real scary.

Idk what's worse, delusional vatniks or the scared liberals that believe their empty threats
>>
>>32742437
The Armata point I agree on, but there is reson to start worrying. In several european countries the levels of foregin IT-attacks has sky-rocketed, and they all point to te same source.

The same goes for the number of foregin inteligence gathering attempts at military installations. They have also reached the same level they was at back in the CW.

Im not saying that Russia wants a war, but they sure are preparing for one in many ways...
>>
>>32741504
A CIA report in the 90s stated that germany is able to build a nuclear bomb within 3-4 weeks if they really wanted or 2 if they dont care for money and risk for involved personal, but it was also stated germany didnt had made any preperations for this or showed any interest. Would be interesting how quick they could done it currently.
>>
>>32742135
>Tfw the engine in the Armarta is based on an engine from the 80s, that was dropped because it was total shit.
>>
>>32742665
Considering that they are shutting down all their nuclear plants for coal (and meme-energy like wind) they are probably worse of today
>>
>>32742437
>the coldwar is still on and about to go hot
Ukraine would like a word with you.
>>
>>32741504
SecDef Mattis is a huge believer in maintaining NATO, and keeping America engaged overseas.
>>
>>32742736
Why coal?
>>
>>32742437
>fearmongering about Russia is a liberal thing
topkeks, it was something the GOP had a hardon for until about a year ago when Trump said he loved them, and everyone had to pretend it they did too.
>>
>>32743891
They have a small domestic coal industry. however, they are curtailing some of the planned generators in favor of natural gas and renewables are growing, especially for day time use.
>>
>>32743963
Its still something the GOP has a hardon for.
Did you hear the massive uproar the Republicans had when Trump said he doubted the intelligence reports about Russian hacking?
>>
>>32743963
The Senate GOP still has it.
>>
>>32741600
edgy bro
>>
>>32742736
As somebody interested in nuclear energy, I have read about Germany's plans to shut down all of their reactors.

It doesn't make any sense to me at all, especially considering the fact that they are simultaneously pursuing green energy, and shutting down their largest zero emission generating stations in favor of fossil fuel burning plants.

It's mind boggling
>>
>>32744356
Because Nuclear is a big scary word, but coal plants have been around forever, and if it's something older than grandpa, then it must be safe.

Also the only true green power is turbines and solar panels and maybe one day they'll combine the two into something half as effective and twice the upkeep.
>>
>>32742242

That's asking to much from a bunch of retards.
>>
>>32742437
I agree, even if putin takes yurop I couldn't give a shit. Only good countries there are Finland, UK, and the swiss
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.