[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Trump now president, will there be any serious push to convert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1421299692339.jpg (196KB, 542x800px) Image search: [Google]
1421299692339.jpg
196KB, 542x800px
With Trump now president, will there be any serious push to convert all our military into special forces? With all of our normal soldiers and marines converted into tier one elites, there'd be nothing that could ever pose a threat to the US again
>>
>>32732666
Satan, you have to be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>>32732666
kek
>>
>>32732666
Maybe he can just turn them in to Halo Spartans with light sabers who fly around in borg cubes.
>>
>>32732666
Checkd
Not possible to many weak dicks in the military would become so small
>>
File: 1484889220419.jpg (16KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484889220419.jpg
16KB, 480x300px
>>32732691
Why is first post always the best post?
>>
>>32732666
Most don't meet those much higher standards (duh) so it's not possible without just taking out the weak parts of 'em and cyborging them up.

Hold on. Cyborging them up... Like with the bionic arms technology DARPA just rolled out...

brb enlisting
>>
>>32732666
But if everyone is special, nobody is Anon.
>>
SF is overrated.

What's needed is going back to fortify the concept of Infantry-Armor brigade back in the late 80s.
>>
>>32732666
implying people who submit themselves to slavery for 4 years in order to buy a Camaro deserve to be SF
>>
>>32732666
>With Trump now president, will there be any serious push to convert all our military into special forces?
No
>>
>>32733695
I misread this as "nobody would be anon" and it's still startlingly true
>>
>>32735286
>implying people who submit themselves to slavery for 4 years in order to buy a Camaro deserve to be SF

This doesn't even make any sense.
>>
>>32735888
I think he's talking about the generic "My life was in the shitter anyways and pa didn't want anything to do with me, so I said 'Fuck it, Imma join the military'." types.
>>
>>32732666
Special Forces are more than just door kickers. You'd know that if you did more reading about them than Navy SEAL jerkoff books and associated movies.
>>
>>32735907
That still doesn't make sense.

And the way it seems anon is saying that anyone who enlists or commissions (submitting themselves to "slavery") doesn't "deserve" to be SF.

But that makes no sense. You literally have to be enlisted or commissioned in the Army in order to go to SFAS and SFQC.
>>
>>32732666
>With all of our normal soldiers and marines converted into tier one elites, there'd be nothing that could ever pose a threat to the US

Ive trained (and trained with) several foreign militaries. Compared to 95% of the rest of the world, our regular grunts are already tier 1 elites.

Most other militaries are woefully incompetent, especially nonwhites.
>>
>>32732666
OP, why do you think SF would be any better at infantry grunt work than infantry grunts would be at SF ops? Special forces aren't special because they're necessarily "better", they're special because they have a different specialization and are meant to do different things. Being really good at what they do is a bonus but that doesn't make them automatically better at everything, and not only that, having to train to do more different things will make them less specialized and this incrementally worse at each particular thing.
I think what you wanted to ask is whether the general standards of training and fitness will increase, and that's possible, but it comes at the cost of raw numbers and sometimes -like for counterinsurgency - we need the raw numbers much more and might even be better off lowering the standards instead to get more men into the field.
>>
>>32735959
Who are the best other countries then?
>>
>>32736144

Depends on your definition of "best". Probably the Brits as far as training, tactics, and communication IMO. Aussies and kiwis are great too.

Maybe not the "best" fighting force per se but definitely the toughest and most intimidating group I've trained with were the french foreign legion. Those guys take the phrase "embrace the suck" to the extreme and endure pain and misery just for fun. Most have a serious screw or two loose. It takes a real nihilist/masochist to succeed there.
>>
>>32735959
Have you worked with any east european guys? Polish, Czech, Slovenian or so?
>>
>>32732666
Yes. But you have to research enough of the tech tree to move into the Modern Times and also have access to gunpowder.
>>
>>32732666
You literally don't have any idea what Special Forces are and what they do.
>>
>>32736229

None of those but I did train a Romanian unit. They were better than I expected but not anywhere near top-tier.
>>
>>32732666
Go away /v/. You don't just "lmao pay 5,000 doolars to upgrade muhreen into meme team six".
Also what's the point? Why waste tens to hundreds of thousands in training and background checks to have them drive trucks and do patrols in the hills of Sandistan like the army does just now?
>>
>>32732666
If everyone was Special Forces, who would:
>Crew armoured vehicles
>Provide logistical support
>Provide medical support
>Provide signals support
>Provide artillery support
>Provide mechanical support
>>
File: 1419914053358.png (557KB, 639x536px) Image search: [Google]
1419914053358.png
557KB, 639x536px
>>32732666
No if anything non-sf/so units will grow larger, democrats are retarded and rely on sf and airpower too much where repubs have a much more realistic approach.
>>
>>32736325
Also, Special Forces have a very specific type of mission most of the time. An Army of special forces would barely be better than a normal army(provided SF would get taught how to use Armor)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.