[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any practical reason these days to buy a carbine gas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (14KB, 535x162px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 535x162px
Is there any practical reason these days to buy a carbine gas 16" AR when mid-lengths are available for the same price?
>>
>>32732401
Better cycling of cheap and/or shitty ammo. Better performance during very cold weather in my experience.
>>
>>32732401
Depends on the manufacturer. Colt is worth it over most anything else on the market.
>>
>>32732401
carbines going to be slightly lighter
>>
>>32732436
>cold weather
>experience
Do tell me more of this please
>>
No. There's no excuse for improperly gassing your rifle unless you're poor, which I understand. Otherwise, carbine length 16 inch barrels are the mark of the ignorant.
>>
>>32732436
16" middy here who has fed it nothing but Tulammo, no issues to speak of.
>>
18 inch rifle gas is master race

Look at three Gunners
>>
>>32733499
>improperly gassing
And yet they have worked flawlessly since their inception, it's almost as if their is nothing wrong with them.
>poor
There it is.
>mark of the ignorant
Back to /arg/ with you.
>>
>>32732401
>practical reason these days to buy a carbine gas 16" AR

Faster pointing, better in tight quarters.

If you want long distance accuracy, a .22 is foolish, go to a .30.
>>
>>32732401
If you plan on SBR'ing it later, yeah
>>
>>32734837

Pretty much this.

The main reason why people like 16 inch carbines is that people like the look of the M4, but don't want to deal with the bullshit paperwork to get a 14.5 inch SBR.

The problem is that the extra 1.5 inches makes a pretty big difference in how your rifle is gassed, to the point where 16 inch carbine gassed ARs are know to cycle rather violently compared to their 16 inch middy or 20 inch rifle gassed cousins.

As far as practicality goes, other than possibly cycling some really REALLY undercharged loads, better than a middy, there's no real advantage to having a 16 inch carbine.
>>
>>32734826

you have no idea what you're talking about, but just so you know having a gas tube that's two inches shorter doesn't make an otherwise identical rifle point faster.
>>
>>32734924
>more mass further from fulcrum
>equally as fast

pick one

try to pick up a ten pound brick and a ten pound pole from one end only
>>
>>32732498
Yea tell me all about that gas tube weight
>>
>>32734902
16 inch carbine gassed ARs are know to cycle rather violently compared to their 16 inch middy
it really doesnt

if you were to take a carbine gassed gun and a middy cover up both guns gasblocks with a freefloat tube or rails i guarantee that most shooters wouldnt notice a difference.
unless you told them to figure out which guns a middy and which ones a carbine before they shot them and they were trying to figure out which is which.
>>
>>32734940
>aluminum gas block
>uses brick as metaphor

this post gave me cancer

>>32734826
>implying gas system adds or subtracts accuracy
>.30 caliber for long distance accuracy
>thread is about gas system lengths

jesus christ are you even trying
>>
>>32734942
handguards too and the fsb being out farther tweaks the balance
>>
>>32732401

More reliable cycling with shitty/lightly loaded ammo, or when the gun is stupidly dirty.
>>
>>32732401
Nope, they're reserved for the people that haven't done their research well enough. An XD and a carbine gas 16 inch is the mark of the commoner pleb.
>>
>>32733511
Goat
>>
Only advantages are carbines have a much larger source of OEM/aftermarket parts since middies are still relatively new, and easy to SBR.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.