[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 21 and am going to be buying my first gun and was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

So I'm 21 and am going to be buying my first gun and was looking into getting a hand gun. I live in Comifornia so I'm very limited in what I can buy but I was checking out the S&W Shield as it seemed to be a good all around gun as I can use it for CC if and when I get my permit. It is fairly affordable as well at around $450 to $480. Is it a good first gun?
>>
>>32729662
>modern striker pistol
hell no, your first gun should be a 110 year old Russian rifle for peasant conscripts
>>
>>32729662
>if and when
>IF
just buy a full size since you'll just be having it for home protection, you will be happier
>>
File: d.jpg (52KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
52KB, 720x480px
>450 dollars for a shield

Lmao
>>
>>32729707
Care to show me where I can buy one fore less then?
>>
>>32729686
Only reason why I say if is cuz I live in California where they make it hard as fuck to carry legally. If I was to buy a full size what would you recomend
>>
>>32729727
https://www.smga.com/p-104082.aspx?searchEngineName=smith-and-wesson-180021-shield-9mm-3-18-bl-78rd-3dot
Also try grabagun
>>
I got one for 370 from Cabela's recently, limited offer though
>>
>>32729662
I'm in Cali (in SD county of all places) and I paid 495 for a brand new Glock 19. There's no way you should pay that much for a shield.
Look around the web.
Sportsmanoutdoorsuperstore, buds, palmettostatearmory, grabagun, slickguns, even cabelas.
Use gunwatcher.com and search for CA shield.
You should look to pay no more than 380 and even then that's on the high end of things.

If you're dead set on a shield, go rent it and shoot it at the range before you blindly buy it and end up hating it.
>>
>>32729662

before you buy that gun......

take the intro gun class at a nearby shooting range, you will learn the basics and get to shoot several different handguns

yes the S&W is a great gun, but will you like it ?

after taking the intro gun class then go rent about 10-15 different 9mm at the range and shoot 10-15rds thru each of them

it really is better to spend $200 on intro class and rental guns before buying a particular gun because you might not like how it shoots
>>
>>32729662
>It is fairly affordable as well at around $450 to $480.

Christ, you can get the for $300-$330 new all over the place. Don't get finessed.
>>
>>32729662
You most likely won't be getting your permit unless you move out of state. And while the Shield is a fine defensive pistol and carry pistol, it isn't the most comfortable to shoot and you'll struggle to be decently accurate with it. I've also had some reliability issues with steel case with Shields.

So generally I'm trying to say is you should go full-size or just below it to make full advantage of our state's shitty laws
>>
Fellow calicuck here. I like mine honestly, it feels comfortable in my hands and recoil isn't an problem. I hate the mag disconnect safety (you can have it removed), the trigger is shit right out the box but I'm still able to get accurate rounds on target. The loaded chamber indicator protrudes alittle bit into your sight picture but apex sells a low-profile replacement. The safety isn't an issue for me since I don't even use it. But so far it's been reliable with nearly 1k rounds through it.
>>
>>32729662

Depends, are you a trans woman?
>>
File: shamefurdispray.png (342KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
shamefurdispray.png
342KB, 394x394px
>>32731099
>Bought a Shield for $400
>>
File: download (8).jpg (6KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
6KB, 252x200px
>>32729677
This
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.