[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I machined out the trigger pocket in my 80% AR 15 lower. It was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 80-arms-AR-lower-25.jpg (140KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
80-arms-AR-lower-25.jpg
140KB, 900x600px
I machined out the trigger pocket in my 80% AR 15 lower. It was already marked and serialized and I registered it with the ATF because its an SBR.

However, turns out I did not machine it out deep enough so I brought it to a gun smith to have them machine out the amount that was needed (because my router wouldn't reach the few more millimeters required.

Do they now have to put their markings on it and another serial number?

I'd rather have them not since the reason for me getting the 80% was because it had MY markings on it and I didn't want other markings on it.
>>
>>32728055
you sbred that pos? good god. and you did it before knowing if it functioned or not. cant wait for you to try to install the fcg and learn shits crooked
>>
>>32728151
That pic isn't my lower, mine is cerro forge with colt markings. FCG is in and functions.

Worrying the gun smith is gonna put their markings all over it is all.
>>
>>32728171
maybe you should have asked them before you had them work on it instead of a mexican mosiac board
>>
>>32728171
If you used a router to do that, you did not machine anything. The only thing you did was inappropriately use tools to hack a lower into functionality.
>>
>>32728171
So mark them out. It was already a compete gun, and he knows he cannot build it for you, only fix it. He's not going to mark it you twat.

Use common sense.

>GUISE I took my 10/22 to a gunsmith to get the trigger upgraded, will he make it a Ruger 10/23?
>>
a gunsmith is not allowed to manufacture a firearm. you'll need an 07 FFL with SOT since SBR and a couple of Forms and several months wait.
>>
>>32728171
if the fcg is in and functions why do you need someone else to mill it out for you? if its in and functions its done.
>>
>>32728055
why the fuck would you buy 80% lower and then register it with the ATF?

are you autistic?
>>
>>32728197
I called them and they said its done, they said they're just waiting to hear back from the ATF to see if they do have to put their markings on it.

It wouldn't make sense to me if they did. Why would they require two serial numbers to be on my lower?

It was already a firearm when I brought it in with markings on it because the FCG was opened up. They just took out a little more from it.
>>
>>32728208
as if it matters how the metal gets removed. if i did it with a hammer and chisel it would still be me machining it.
>>
By law you can't have anyone else manufacture your firearm.
>>
File: 19kb6s.jpg (112KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
19kb6s.jpg
112KB, 750x500px
>>32728208
>The only thing you did was inappropriately use tools to hack a lower into functionality

Yes, but people do this all the time with jig kits.

>>32728215

I hope so

>>32728218

They are a legal manufacturer as well.

>>32728226

It was in and did not function. Gun smith said pocket is too shallow and that they'll take out the rest. Now they're panties are twisted as to whether or not they need to put markings on it. Which will mess up my retro build.

>>32728232

Because I made it into an SBR and don't want to get ass raped in federal prison.
>>
>>32728242
>Why would they require two serial numbers to be on my lower?
probably cause your serial numbers dont actually count as serial numbers since you didnt engrave them to the proper specifications
>>
File: 80lower.png (409KB, 449x528px) Image search: [Google]
80lower.png
409KB, 449x528px
>>32728208
vertical mill master race
>2017
>not making a spring pass on a precision 1 ton industrial machine

Pic related, it's me and my bitch
>>
>>32728253
No, machining is utilizing a MACHINE to do your work. In other words, machining can be accomplished using a mill and lathe, but not a hand drill and router.
>as if it matters how the metal gets removed
Obviously it does since you managed to fuck it up using incorrect tools.
>>
>>32728307
On an NFA Form 1 (application to manufacture an NFA firearm) you can use any serial number you want. It can literally be '1' and be legal.
>>
>>32728171
>FCG is in and functions.
>>32728302
>It was in and did not function.
my point of you being a fucking idiot for trying to sbr something without knowing if it worked first still stands.
>>32728337
there are legal requirements for depth.if your #1 barely scratched the anodizing it means nothing. the fact you didn't know this is pathetic
>>
File: 2LKR2_AS01.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2LKR2_AS01.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>32728331
It's not bad. It's not great, but it is much nicer than most 80%'ers. The only good way to machine a lower is using a vertical mill.

Pic related is what I use.
>>
File: high test asian.jpg (175KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
high test asian.jpg
175KB, 800x1200px
>>32728370
>>32728331

This was using a mill you double n*gger

Post pics of yours if yours are that much better
>>
>>32728331
>wasting time with spring passes on 7075 in non essential areas
>using a drill to start

lmao
>>
>>32728392
a big ass is not indicative of testosterone
it is indicative of estrogen
quit being a memelord
>>
>>32728397
>lmao

You're contradicting yourself here. Yeah, I dun goofed with the drill, but that's in "nonessential areas" as well. So is aesthetics important or aren't they? Those areas will be concealed by FCG (which actually fits bc dimensions are accurate to 0.0002)

>>32728402
Not my filename you arch faggot
>>
>>32728392
Why are you getting upset?
I literally said that you work was okay, and that using a mill was the only good way to do it. I know you used a mill, I am saying that is a good thing.
So what is your deal?
>>
>>32728416
>So is aesthetics important or aren't they?

>y-you're dumb
>d-don't point out that I'm an idiot pls

>accurate to 0.0002

Then you're stupid
You wasted time, energy, and tool life

You will never have a job as a machinist
>>
File: Natalie Austin 04.jpg (341KB, 1280x1865px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie Austin 04.jpg
341KB, 1280x1865px
>>32728426
I'm OCD as fuck.

Post pics of your finished 80 lowers just for interest.

Did you use Ray Braden's guide?

>>32728427
>2017
>Not being a skill-less hipster like me masquerading as a true tool and die guy
>>
>>32728361
>trying to sbr something without knowing if it worked first still stands.
I already had the short barrel and the 80%. If I machined out the lower then applied for NFA Form 1 that would be illegal.

>there are legal requirements for depth.

Why do you think I do not know this?
>>
>>32728475
>I already had the short barrel and the 80%

>If I machined out the lower then applied for NFA Form 1 that would be illegal.

You had already broken the law by having them both
>>
>>32728475
>I already had the short barrel and the 80%. If I machined out the lower then applied for NFA Form 1 that would be illegal.
ir really wouldn't have been if you just stored everything separately.
as for test firing you install the buffer tube leave the stock off and enjoy your pistol for 6 months while the atf processes things.
>Why do you think I do not know this?
because you fucked up buying the right size bit for your router. its clear you dont know jackshit about anything.
>>
File: Rose3.jpg (77KB, 304x418px) Image search: [Google]
Rose3.jpg
77KB, 304x418px
>>32728585
>stored everything separately
constructive intent. Give your mil spec buffer tube to a friend
>>
>>32728532
It would be illegal under Form 4, not Form 1.

>>32728585
The bit was a carbide 4" with 1" flutes, specifically for the kit. But that was not the problem, depth was. Do you assume so much bullshit just so you can have an excuse to be a hostile faggot?
>>
>>32728704
>But that was not the problem, depth was
exactly you should have bought a bit that was longer
>>
>>32728760
The longer it gets its more prone to snapping.
>>
>>32728950
getting the job done with a chance of snapping tools vs not getting the job done at all
>>
>>32728663
Constructive intent isn't a thing that can in any way related to making or modifying guns, you stupid fucking nigger.
STFU and stop spreading misinformation. The term your black nigger ass was looking for was constructive POSSESSION. The two legal concepts are worlds apart and not in any way interchangeable. I hate you so fucking much it hurts.
>>
>>32728663
Oh, AND giving the buffer tube to a friend wouldn't do shit since the ATF themselves say you can use any receiver extension without issue.
FUCKING KYS!
>>
>>32729625
>KYS
Get the fuck out, reddit.
>>
>>32728704
constructive intent
>>
>>32729760
Stupid nigger.
>>
>>32728055
You're special if you plan on using an 80% lower for an SBR. The entire point of having an 80% lower is to that no one ( big brother ) know that you have that firearm.

>>32728370
That's a nice looking mill. How much was it?

>>32728585
This is correct. If you have the barrel and it isn't attached to the lower, it is perfectly legal to posses it as long as it isn't attached to the lower. To make it legal to mount, that is when you need the tax stamp.

>>32728532
There are not any laws being broken unless the barrel was affixed to the lower.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-barreled_rifle
>. In the absence of local laws prohibiting ownership, American civilians may own an SBR provided it is registered with the BATFE, and a $200 tax is paid prior to taking possession of or creating the firearm.

Emphasist on the " or creating the firearm ". If it is not created ( aka parts just laying around ), then it is perfectly legal.

I have a Bridgeport mill and I have milled out and made quite a few AR's. None of them have numbers, because they don't require numbers unless I sell them.

tl;dr It's legal to own a SBR barrel, as long as it isn't attached. OP, you done goofed by putting numbers on an 80% lower to use it as an SBR.
>>
>>32732809
I was with you until the end.
You DO NOT need to serialize to sell, unless that is some sort of cuck state law. The ATF literally just says that they "recomend" you serialize.
Just because you don't have the upper and lower connected doesn't mean anything. If all you have is short barrel uppers and non-SBR'd stocked lowers, that is just as bad as an unregistered SBR. It does not matter if they have carbine, pistol, or rifle tubes. Only the stock matters.

Where the fuck do you nigs come up with this random ass bullshit? I really want to know.
>>
>>32728331
>Pic related, it's me and my bitch

Well memed
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.