[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the USAF's Special Forces community so damn under-rated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

Why is the USAF's Special Forces community so damn under-rated?

>From 1999 to 2005 Colón-López was a member of the 24th Special Tactics Squadron as a Special Tactics Element Leader. While a member of the 24th STS, from July 2002 to September 2004, Colón-López was deployed four times to Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan as part of a joint task force to several classified locations in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. While deployed he participated in a series of joint operations, including direct assaults and combat search and rescue missions. During this time he also protected future Afghanistan president, Hamid Karzai, and received his first Bronze Star Medal with valor for his actions under fire while supporting Karzai's security detail. His second Bronze Star Medal was for his actions after his helicopter was shot down during a mission in Afghanistan. After the helicopter crash landed two Navy SEALs and Colón-López assaulted fortified enemy positions, killing five combatants and ensuring the safety of the remaining crew. He was selected to create and implement the unit's compartmented Personnel Recovery Advance Force Operations team, which serviced the entire Joint Special Operations arena.

These guys are hardcore as fuck, but never receive any attention. I think I'd rather be an Air Force Controller than some Delta bitch tbqh senpai
>>
Due to the fact that other than Pj's, Jtacs, and the other one escapes me. They don't do shit other than lift and hang out in the TOC growing their hair out.
>>
>>32724067
whats he holding here

is this a secret jtac in joke
>>
>>32724073
Combat Controllers and SOWT?
>>
Delta's waterboys, the lot of them.
>>
>>32724075

It think it's a gun he's holding.
>>
>>32724067
>One guy got into a helicopter crash with some SEALs.
>is more badass that delta

I wish people could see what their favorite units actually do and how lame they actually are.
>>
File: ss (2017-01-20 at 09.19.29).jpg (85KB, 830x462px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-01-20 at 09.19.29).jpg
85KB, 830x462px
>>32724067
How can anyone dislike Delta?
>>
>>32724067
Because nobody gives a shit about the support personnel.

You might as well ask why the motor pool is underrated.
>>
>>32724324
And yet these guys are still more badass than you
>>
>>32724468
So? Am I supposed to feel bad?

They live and die on my dime.
>>
>>32724075
sat phone
>>
File: 9.jpg (205KB, 850x551px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
205KB, 850x551px
Do you wanna go there more one time?Who more effective, soviet 40 army or ISAF?
>>
>>32724067
what's with the rubber band on the buttstock? I see all the larperators mimic that too but can't figure out why.
>>
>>32724679
so that your tongue doesn't stick to it in sub-zero temps
>>
File: 1484424690897.jpg (235KB, 1024x675px) Image search: [Google]
1484424690897.jpg
235KB, 1024x675px
>>32724103

Yes, CC! Thanks boss.

I'm also surprised that SOWT hasn't been rolled up into the pj's.
>>
>>32724324
>Special forces of any branch
>support personnel

Your retarded
>>
>>32724475
I'm guessing your one of those fucks who "hurrdurr I have a higher salary so I'm better than you" guys?
>>
>>32724679
Reconfirmation of cheek weld placement, for when those blouses come un-booted, makes a nice bracelet, tourniquets, open pop-tarts for when the operator gets hungry(also penutbuttercrackers, cheese crackers, slimjims imho best use, etc etc), sat phones per Fluffy(I prefer av2040/w/prc148 but w/e), that flashlight your always losing, anything/everything, confusing the shit out of OP who cant look at pictures, all of the above, one of the above, the world may never know.
>>
>>32724691

I'm not a mouth breather who drools like a room temperature IQ tard, I like to keep my toungue in my mouth and I refuse to believe all the images of rubberbands on buttstocks I've seen are from mouthbreathers.
>>
>>32724723

what pisses me off is cooks that wear group/bat/any combatpatches
>>
>>32724679
Broken stock latch return spring?
>>
>>32724067
NSDQ
>>
>>32724726
No, just drunk.
>>
>>32724073
I just googled jtac and it said they they're responsible for calling in airstrikes. Can't any damn soldier or squad leader call in an airstrike?
>>
>>32724854
they call into jtac who tells the people in charge of the planes what to do. isn't that how it works?
>>
>>32724854

Short yes, long no.

On ground units can have cas/ fastmovers(planes w/bombs) pushed down to their dedicated coms, however that goes through a TOC which has JTACS translating to Air Force pilots. Higher tier combat units are cross trained for the vernacular to ease/increase speed of delivered ordinance.
>>
>>32724880
>>32724883
>>
>>32724679
>>32724753
actually if you look a little closer you'll see its just holding a tourniquet to the buttstock.
>>
>>32724854
Air strike, is different from CCA, which is different from indirect fire. Soldiers and anyone can call in IDF, if there's an appache on station anyone can do CCA, and I imagine it's the same with fixed wing if you for them for the mission. Air strikes though I've never gotten to do. Never had the assets.
>>
>>32724911
>>32724753

yeah forest thats why i said what i did with all the other shit in the fucking post you skimmed and didnt read
>>
>>32724854
>Can't any damn soldier or squad leader call in an airstrike?
Basically it comes down to do you really want some random Derp McFuckup to be the one calling in a few thousand pounds of Fuck You somewhere in your general vicinity? Sure if need be you can get by with a "Please fuck up these coordinates" being sent up the chain, but the more relevant information that can be relayed to the pilot in a timely manner about stuff like the nature of the target or any potential terrain or structure masking gives them a better chance to chose the correct weapon to drop and approach angle earlier, so the guys on the ground see the right target vaporised sooner. After you train someone up to do that job well, you end up with a JTAC.
>>
>>32724925

they aren't that great sometime those 500lbs land on the other side of the berm you want them too rotaries are best
>>
>>32724947

IR lasso on tgt
*break*
Pls no hit tiny one
*over*
>>
>>32724067
I have admired PJs, coremen and proper field medics and their skills for a long time.

Their mission can be very lonely, even in the middle of crowd. And that's just because they are often the only ones who know what to do and how to treat wounded guys to save their lives.

It's a skillset that doesn't get much attention until you need it yourself. Because you don't want to think about it.
>>
>>32725024
*corpsmen, fuck me.
>>
>>32724679
you dont have an idea how usefull for every situation rubber bands can be
>>
>>32724947

this

i'm expecting it to be a 9-line, for you to have Cat I coords if you want a BOC, you to be ready for sensor correlation and not do something dumb like describe it as a "red roof", etc. if you're not a JTAC i can pull all that out of you but you're also not going to be worried about setting up for the next strike and where i should egress the jet to in order to set up the next wheel or offset racetrack or something.
>>
>>32724705
CCT and SOWT go through a lot of the same pipeline training. PJ gets all the glory for some reason, but CCTs are the ones actually going out and fucking people up.
>>
>>32724075
>>
>>32725156

How easy is it to apply for SWOT if your say prior service 11b?
>>
This guy was my command chief in the Died. Guy was legit.
>>
>>32725381

go ask an AF recruiter.

>>32725469

the command chief at my base is former SOWT. actually a really legit dude. best command chief i've met.

i've been nothing but impressed with every TACP/CCT/PJ who's done with the pipeline (ie not the idiot at SERE who climbed into a girl's bedroom in downtown Spokane. great town btw.)
>>
File: 1480573035271.jpg (510KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480573035271.jpg
510KB, 1024x1280px
>>32724075
lucky battle totem
>>
>>32724075
the mascot.?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.