[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to buy an Springfield M1A. I thought about FN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1484341791317.jpg (46KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1484341791317.jpg
46KB, 560x560px
I'm about to buy an Springfield M1A. I thought about FN SCAR 17, but they're a bit beyond what I'm willing to spend (unless you think it's worth it, but I'll have to wait longer for my first gun).

My question is, what kind of material do you guys use to wrap your guns? Is there a type of blanket that's preferred (outside of a case)?
>>
>>32714870
Why aren't you watching the inauguration you fucking commie
>>
>>32714881
but donald trump is married to a commie's kid and loves putin... anyway, i dont watch billionaires pretend to be common or normal.
>>
>>32714891
Would you prefer to be sent over the wall via trebuchet of catapult?
>>
>>32714905
seems like you're not the pro-2A crowd after all. you like concentrated, centralized power... like trump.

not sure what any of this has to do with my initial post.
>>
>>32714930
Use a case, why would you want a blanket?
>>
Gun socks, google them. I have them on all my guns.
>>
>>32714870
Just wait and get the SCAR17.
>>
>>32714993
i'm just saying... if i had to use a blanket, what material would be best?
>>
>>32714870
>>32714891
>>32714930
I'm not answering your question because you're a faggot
>>
>>32714870
Those gray gun socks are pretty handy. But I usually apply a liberal amount of oil via Hoppe's wipes and then they sit in my safe with some silica and a heater bar.
>>
>>32715034
fags don't deserve guns. got it.
>>
>>32714870
cotton flannel is good. Use a silicone spray on the inside for anti-rust.
>>
>>32714891

Jesus Christ. I have all the guns in question and was about to post a real answer but fuck you, you un-American cunt waffle.
>>
>>32714870
>I'm about to buy an Springfield M1A
Don't. The M14 is the worst service rifle in US history.

>I thought about FN SCAR 17
Don't. An AR-10 will do everything a SCAR can, for almost half the price, with a much bigger aftermarket. If ARs aren't your speed, then get a FAL. The SCAR is an overpriced meme gun, it's the Mac of firearms.
>>
>>32714930
>muh lolbertarianism
kek
>>
>>32716627
>being an authoritarian shitbag
>hating liberty
Generations of Americans far better than you gave their lives to put an end to your kind of scum.
>>
>>32716575
>so i want X
>no you don't, you think you do but you don't

Every fucking thread there's one of these people.
>>
>>32716709
t. butthurt M14 fanboi
>>
>>32715971

>American
>Wanting the POTUS to be influenced by a fucking slav autocrat

Pick one and only one, cunt
>>
>>32714870
get the Socom 16 or M1A Scout version
>>
>>32714881
>tfw I went shooting in the woods during the inauguration
>was gonna watch it but figured it'd be more American to ammo dump while the new prez is being sworn in

You can watch it all anyways thanks to the internet, glad he's the president now
>>
>>32717217
Lipstick on a pig doesn't make it not a pig anon
>>
>>32714870
>I'm about to buy an Springfield M1A
Don't do that.
>>
>>32716575
Don't get an FAL. Get a SCAR, forget the AR-10 because most of the good ones are geared towards precision shooting.
>>
>>32715027

You know that blanket that you bundle up into the rough shape of a woman, and then jizz on because you can't get laid? Don't use that one unless you're wrapping up a Mosin.
>>
>>32717250
>pay way more than you have to, for a gun that isn't any better
I bet you think the new MacBook Pro is the bee's knees, don't you?
>>
>>32717320
Any better than what?

Stop making stupid comparisons.
>>
>>32715050

You don't deserve a gun because you're functionally retarded; you're also a faggot.

Not that guy, but had to point it out.
>>
>>32717238

Pretty sure that in Arkansas, putting lipstick on a pig enables you to lawfully marry her. At least, that's what happened with my wife.
>>
File: laughingsluts.jpg (44KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsluts.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>32717346
Than an AR-10 I could buy for less than half the price.

It's not a stupid comparison, it's an accurate one.

Mac is an overpriced meme computer that costs way more than a PC with the same functionality, while having almost no upgrade potential compared to the infinite customization afforded by PC. Idiots with disposable income waste money on them for the name and the stupid hipster culture.

SCAR is an overpriced meme gun that costs way more than an AR-10 with the same functionality, while having almost no upgrade potential compared to the infinite customization afforded by the AR platform. Idiots with disposable income waste money on them for the name and the stupid mallninja culture.
>>
>>32717461
The SCAR's bolt carrier and short-stroke piston seem to be upgrades to the same components on an AR-10.
>>
>>32717637
They're very nicely laid out and build quality is good but it doesn't cost more than $500 to manufacture. The profit margin is insane.

M1As are also expensive because it's an inefficient design that can't be built cheaply. There is profit margin sure but even at $1,500 retail they have to cut corners to keep them in production.
Personally I love the M14. I own two in fact. I like the way they handle and are laid out but I acknowledge that unless ergonomics are the driving factor a more modern design would suit most people better despise even modern cheap M1As being capable, accurate and reliable within reason.

AR10s are a great deal. They can be a bit inconsistent, so building one is tricky but it is usually a scaled up AR15 fesign which generally works, it is accurate and it isn't very expensive to manufacture, especially if it happens to share parts with the AR15. If you were looking at a SCAR I think a ~$1,500 off the shelf pre-built AR10 would suit you well. Perhaps better than an M1A, although I don't know which of the two you prefer.

There's also the PTR91 to consider. It is very reliable and cheap. Accuracy and ergonomics can be hit or miss. I think it's a very capable rifle but in my hands at least so uncomfortable to use that I just can't shoot it to it's full potential without a bench rest and optic.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.