[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to /k/ and gun ownership but now that it's the age of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1484050815707.jpg (23KB, 750x733px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484050815707.jpg
23KB, 750x733px
New to /k/ and gun ownership but now that it's the age of liberal cry babies I think it's time I learned.

What's a good beginners pistol? And where can I buy for a good price? I live in indiana.
>>
Beginner? Probably a glock just because I hear they are pretty simple and reliable.
>>
Ruger mk2 are pretty good they dont have the aesthetics of a "normal" pistol but they are great to learn on
>>
Find a range with classes.

Take at least one beginners class to learn basic safety, firearms operation, and marksmanship principles. Preferably take some follow on classes as well, especially if you're planning on concealing.

Find a range that has rental firearms, or a friend with a lot of guns.

Try and shoot a variety. Different calibers. Different ergonomics. Different sizes.

Why are you going to be buying a gun? Is it for home defense? Concealed carry? A range toy? All of the above?
>>
>>32713073
Home safety and Concealed carry. Don't plan on playing with it like a toy. Want to get serious for protection obviously.
>>
>>32713020
>Ruger mk2 are pretty good they dont have the aesthetics of a "normal" pistol but they are great to learn on

Thanks man I'll look it up
>>
>>32713039
What do you have, or rather, what did you start with?
>>
>>32713142
I grew up around guns plus was in military, but first handgun I had was a Ruger LC9. It was pretty jammy the first 300 rounds or so but after that it was good.
>>
>>32713163
Ok I'm gonna look up the Ruger and glock, thanks man.
>>
>>32713020

I got my CZ-75 pre-B off Gunbroker for $345 shipped last month. It's as nice as everyone says they are.
>>
>>32713186
Any problems with the site?
>>
>>32713124
Since it's doubling as both you're going to need to set some priorities. If you're a bigger guy you can carry a full sized pistol pretty easily, and that would be your best bet. Home defense is not something where you should fuck with your capacity if you can avoid it.

Otherwise you need to start prioritizing. If you want concealability a .380 or 9mm is probably going to be your best bet. I carry a Springfield XDs in 9mm, which fits easily in my pocket or waistband while still giving me 8 rds of Hornady Critical Defense even when I'm using the flush magazine, and 10 rounds if I use my extended. I'm 5'9" and about 175 lbs.

Are you more interested in an Automatic or a Revolver?
>>
File: 1483665634626.jpg (144KB, 900x652px)
1483665634626.jpg
144KB, 900x652px
>>32713020
Obligatory
>>
>>32713020
Indianafag here, just get one of the many M&P Shields that are on armslist. In 9mm, .40 is useless

Should run you only a few hundred bucks
>>
Give us at least a budget and what your intended use for it is. There's no point in us suggesting a 1911 for instance if you intend to conceal carry in Florida or something.
>>
>>32713244

If you use a free email service like Gmail or Hotmail it costs $1 to register.

And if you're using PayPal or a credit / debit card add 3% to any prices you see because everything is listed by people at the cash price.

Other than that, no complaints.
>>
File: BJ5S65G.jpg (60KB, 719x719px)
BJ5S65G.jpg
60KB, 719x719px
>>32713020
I'm in the exact same situation, but I also live in bear country. I'm getting a Glock 40 today.

inb4 10mm is terrible first pistol
>>
>>32713020
Are you under 21 op?
>>
>>32713020
Son, but an ASSAULT WEAPON
>>
>>32713953
Clean it good for me I can't afford one yet but I want it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.