[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ I figured you could help me out. I'm a Canadian, raised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1473344282002.jpg (72KB, 590x440px) Image search: [Google]
1473344282002.jpg
72KB, 590x440px
/k/ I figured you could help me out. I'm a Canadian, raised liberally to the point that firearms were demonized in my household. I no longer share this sentiment. As I've become older and have acquired things to protect, I've become more interested in personal security, especially at home. I was hoping you folks might be able to lay out exactly how it is for a Canadian who wishes to possess a firearm. I mean, I don't even know how to go about getting one. If I were to try to purchase a firearm, how difficult would it be here? Any advice or information is appreciated. Thanks!

>pic unrelated
>>
>>32712671
You have to go to courses and apply for a licence. Look for places near you that offer that kind of training.

I'm a burger so I don't actually know what kind of shit they teach you, but apparently it's a multi-day thing about how not to shoot your leg off so pay attention I guess.
>>
>>32712685
Thank you. My concern is more surrounding my history. I've been hospitalized a few times for mental instability, though never designated as a threat to others. In addition, I've been arrested twice: once for a D&D where they just let me sober up in a cell and a second time for a questionable charge of harassment where the complainant dropped the accusation. All these things occurred close to a decade in my past, but I assume they might still come back to haunt me if I were to apply for a firearm today.
>>
Go buy an SKS then report back for further training like how bump fire at the range and ND into your wall.

Soon you will be a /k/ommando.
>>
>>32712671
>personal security
I do not believe self-defense is allowed in Canada, so be careful with that.
>>
the easiest way is to find a gun store and ask them how to get a gun license. they will tell you what to do and what papers you need to fill out since they are familiar with the gun laws of their state.
>>
>>32712671
But if you kill your enemies, they win.
>>
>>32712707
yes
you probably won't be able to get one but try anyways. Any arrests or mental health issues reflect poorly.
>>
You're Canadian. You have no rights. Owning a gun for self defense is basically premeditated murder in the eyes of your laws.
>>
>>32714959

Untrue.

OP, what province?
I can probably hook you up with someone that can help you through the licensing process.
>>
>>32712671
>If I were to try to purchase a firearm, how difficult would it be here? Any advice or information is appreciated. Thanks!
Time to shill my video for this specific purpose again.
https://youtu.be/T37wdw1WP58
>>
>>32712671
You can get an VZ 58
>>
>>32716493

Jesus you're more leaf than I am
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.