[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which American special operations unit would be considered the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3024.jpg (211KB, 439x586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3024.jpg
211KB, 439x586px
Which American special operations unit would be considered the most effective at all levels of operating, from airborne insertion to guerilla warfare?
>>
>>32704713
Green Berets. They're trained for special insertion, if you know what I mean.
>>
Still Activity.
>>
The US Army.

Special forces aren't numerous enough to actually occupy a nation and occupation is part of operations.
>>
>>32704713
I don't know, but it's about time we had a proper Rainbow Six anime adaptation.
>>
There are CIA employees that sometimes work within other organizations. They're often former Green Berets/SEALs, Rangers, etc. They also work under the State Department.

They're probably the most malleable since they can work in an office or in the field.
>>
File: 1480208446352.png (137KB, 708x708px)
1480208446352.png
137KB, 708x708px
>>32704847
it would be a /k/-related smug pics goldmine.

>>32704986
>since they can work in an office or in the field
or on a plane.
>>
Not modern, but the Revolutionary military of the 18th century did some pretty rad stuff. Swamp-based guerilla warfare with Gen. Marion, successful negotiations with foreign powers, and John Paul Jones even visited towns in Britain and Ireland. Oh, and even an experimental submarine! For all the blunders that they did, our forefathers sure did some cool stuff.
>>
>>32704713
Probably THE Unit (CAG, Delta, etc). By virtue of not only their SMU selection and training, but their backgrounds before getting into said unit. Most of those guys come from the Ranger Regiment, Special Forces and more rarely airborne units. That means they have heaping mounds of preexisting experience in a lot of the aforementioned areas.

>b-but muh Devgru
Not taking anything away from the caliber of men that comprise that unit, but they do not hold a candle to the overall level of experience and skill sets present in the Army's SMU(s).
>>
>>32704713
Some tier negative zero super operators working for the NWO illuminati or fighting against it with divine intervention from the infinite number of Abhramaic Gods like God, Yaweh, Jehovah, Adonai and all of their many alien allies.
>inb4 tinfoilers think I'm serious
>>
>>32704713
sounds like your pretty much just describing green berets
>>
>>32704847
I for one welcome Ding-chan and Clark-sama
>>
>>32705090
UUUU
>>
>>32704713
Those you will never hear of, performed by people that weren't there.
>>
Definitely SF they. Acting in larger numbers they can occupy as well as conduct guerilla warfare. The only reason I wouldn't say CAG is because of how small it actually is.
>>
File: images.jpg (21KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21KB, 300x450px
>>32704786
>>32705642
>>32706413
My understanding is that the Green Berets are all about training the locals to fight and then pretending they were never there themselves.

They each fill a certain niche. Delta Force (or whatever they're being called now) works with our conventional troops on special tasks. Think George Clooney's character in 3 Kings. They have a focus on anti-terrorism too supposedly.

Seals get sent to kill a thing. They're basically just super jock killing machines.

>Who's most effective?
They do different things.
>>
>>32709481

>My understanding is that the Green Berets are all about training the locals to fight and then pretending they were never there themselves.

True to an extent, as that was the original mission of the Army Special Forces. They have entire teams dedicated to certain mission types though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.