[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that HPA will most likely pass, how about removing SBRs,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (8KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 221x228px
Now that HPA will most likely pass, how about removing SBRs, SBS, and AOWs?

The laws and definitions surrounding these are the most retarded. And it's not as impossible as reopening the mg registry. We already have so many ways to skirt these laws, may as well just scribble em out anyway to make things easier.
>>
>>32702050
Even with a Republican controlled congress and the most pro-gun president we have seen in a while in the whitehouse, it will still take a large amount of political clout to pass the HPA. I am not sure that there will be enough left to start after the other parts of the NFA.

I also think we will never see the Machine Gun registry reopened by legislative means. Too many wealthy individuals who "invested" in machine guns that will fight tooth and nail against it. The Hughes Amendment will most likely have to be declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

Personally I would rather see a federal gun control preemption law. Bring the rogue states into line with the rest of the country before trying to expand the rights.
>>
>>32702207
All of this. I don't care about machine guns at the moment, first I want to be able to conceal carry anywhere in the states
>>
>>32702220
I don't just want universal concealed carry. I want the states that have "permits" and assault weapon brought in line.

In my home state of NJ, I know more than one person who just is putting off buy a gun because of the crazy difficult process that is involved in just getting the FPID. These are people who are gun neutral but could become pro gun if they owned one.
>>
>>32702050

>Now that HPA will most likely pass

What do you base this on? They'll be lucky to get national reciprocity through, and I doubt they'll have enough political capital left to pass the HPA.
>>
>>32702280
Agreed
>>
>>32702207
>, it will still take a large amount of political clout to pass the HPA
It's enjoying a large amount of popular support, over 100 co sponsors in the house, and the republicans are enjoying a full majority throughout government. Trump has promosed to sign it as well. What political clout is there?
>>
>>32702972
very likely filibuster and not enough republicans to override it
>>
>>32702050
They're talking about it HPA gets passed it theory will likely be next on the chopping block
>>
>>32702988
Dem filibuster game about as strong as their meme magick.

It's as good as signed. Go get your threaded barrels.
>>
>>32702988
Some of the longest standing Senators and Congressional Representatives are Democrats. They are the most likely group to literally start reading from the phone book just to delay the vote and since they don't fear not being reelected or being interrupted (since seniority in congress grants you certain privileges like that).
>>
I'm meh either way.

If it passes I get to sell my older cans and upgrade to newer offerings.

If it doesn't pass I get to be cool guy with exclusive suppressors. Just kidding I hope it passes.
>>
>>32703001
idk, their meme magic passed ACA in spite of massive republican butthurt
>>
>>32702050

I'd kill to own a PPSH 41, but the SBR rules are eternally fucking me over.
>>
I'd be content if they just reopened the MG registry.
>>
>>32702988
There is a special rule in Congress that basically says that legislation involving taxes are exempt from being filibustered. Since the NFA is a tax it's repeal, modification, or expansion only needs a simple majority to get passed. At least that is how it was explained to me. This means the dems can do fuck all about stopping it.
>>
>>32705186
Congressional "rules" are not technically enforceable. The senate has a similar rule that states that 60 votes are required to pass, but according to the constitution, only a simple majority is required (hence why the Vice Pres has only one sole constitutional duty besides being backup pres).
>>
>>32702050
>HPA passing
>What is the Senate where Republicans don't have a filibuster proof majority
>implying the faggot Chris Murphy won't filibuster it.
>>
File: _0.jpg (101KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_0.jpg
101KB, 1080x1080px
We just need one president and SCOTUS to fuck everything up and declare any regulation as "infringing" and we'd be good for a while.
>>
>>32703165
You mean that ACA they're going to replace this year? The one that lost them the 2010 midterm and any congressional majority for the rest of Obama's term?

Deregulating suppressors is a much smaller feat than overhauling the biggest industry in America. Sure Warren will make a stink about it, but it won't get far outside the liberal late night commentators circlejerking about "lol why do you even want one".
>>
>>32705332
Well then I don't know what to say to that. If they aren't enforceable, I think that would only increase the likelihood of the HPA passing since Republicans are the majority so enforcement would most likely have to be done by them.

I'm also hoping someone attaches a rider to the bill while no one is paying attention that removes SBRs, SBS, & AOWs from the NFA. I honestly think removing then from the NFA would easier than suppressors but after the HPA passes it will draw more attention to the other NFA items that most aren't aware about. Just my two cents.
>>
>>32703001
>Go get your threaded barrels.
Shit nigga im contemplating opening up shop
>>
>>32702050
>>32703001
Doesn't the HPA only have like three cosponsors?
>>
>>32705461
You're probably looking at an outdated version, it's been introduced in like 3 or 4 different forms.

I thought Rand Paul lied when he told me a long time ago he'd look into supporting the bill but when I checked I realized he had sponsored it 3 days after my question to him in a public forum

This shits confusing man.
>>
>>32702050
Federal gun control pre-emption would be unconstitutional. Ironically pro gun states rights cases are responsible for the precedents that would do such a thing in.
>>
>>32707604
Wrong.

All progun state rights bills that normally counter federal gun control have been shot down by the courts.

Its mostly because of short sighted rednecks who don't want to pay attention to national politics who espouse that crap, aka political fudds who will doom gun rights nationwide by actually giving liberals their safe spaces.

We have the advantage and its time to press it. And anyone who thinks that federal government throwing up its arms and saying 'buy anything you want' is bad because theoretically they could change their mind....they are basically opening pandoras box and if you think the feds can't confiscate guns now, then they sure as fuck won't be able to grab guns after a decade of mass NFA-free arms proliferation with literally hundreds of millions of new unregulated machine guns and conversion kits out on the street. And that's even if the libs manage to somehow take the federal government back to try and somehow ignore the NRA controlled house and courts.
>>
>>32705419
pls this
sbr + suppressor deregulation would be so high energy
>>
>>32705398
Yeah. That one.

Like it nor not anon, that shit was blood sacrifice levels of unlikely, and they still managed to get it through.

However, as you pointed out, it cost them heavily.
>>
>>32702050
I hope they get rid of the roster in California, that shit is straight up unconstitutional.
>>
>>32702280
I would trade that with the hpa.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.