[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Smith_Wesson_Sigma_Pistol_27775.jpg (14KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
Smith_Wesson_Sigma_Pistol_27775.jpg
14KB, 350x280px
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm looking to buy a handgun and need some advice.

Living in California my options are limited and I only just started looking, and was thinking of getting a S&W sigma from the image.

I just want a reliable first gun that's 9mm for cheap ammo and won't set me back more than 500 USD.

Also handgun thread?
>>
>>32699393

Glock 17
>>
>>32699476
Why the glock 17?
>>
>>32699566
Because it's the same age as you
>>
>>32699625
Made in 1981?
>>
>>32699673
You didn't account for my jewish mathematics.

I always liked the 26 as my off duty. It's big enough with the extension on the mag and easy to conceal. The sw shield is good if you want something thinner. I prefer the springfield xds but same shit. The 17 I use as my service, and it is a large gun. Bulky if you want to hide in waist.
>>
>>32699566

more common parts/magazines/aftermarket options
>>
>>32699393
The SD9VE is S&W's current offering, and is still pretty cheap. It's certainly a reliable gun, and mine never had any issues even with the cheapest and shittiest of ammo, but it's no kind of precision pistol either.

If you just want it for defense, it'll be fine. If you actually want to shoot for fun though I'd recommend considering used guns, or else upping your budget so that you can afford something with a better trigger.
>>
>>32699753
>>32699720

Ah, thank you. I think I'll reconsider the s&w signature as I do want to do some practice shooting. I was also looking at the Springfield XD and glocks but was hoping for cheaper.

I guess in truth I shouldn't be cheap with my first gun since I'm not likely to buy another for a while.

I'm not sure the market price for a good handgun, what would I be looking at for a Springfield XD or glock 17? 600+?
>>
>>32699393

>Unironically considering a Sigma
Has a shittier trigger ever been made outside of something like the VP70?
>>
>>32699870
in california after all the tax and fees all handguns end up around 600s even that cheap sigma you want that would be like 300 in any other state will cost 550 ish out the door.
if you are noguns a $550 glock will be like 700 after everything.
>>
>>32699393
I thought they discontinued the Sigma and replaced it with the SD9VE SD40VE pistols.
>>
Ruger 9E. Might be the best full size 9mm handgun you can get for around $300. Definitely better than the S&W SDVE. Take the rest of your money and buy ammo.
>>
>>32699393
Canik TP9SF. Do research on it, dont listen to these faggots
>>
>>32702712
Its not CA compliant so you'll never see one in CA.
>>
>>32703558
So the options I'm looking at for recommendations are a glock or a Canik TP9SF
>>
Another Glock 17 vote

I CC a 17 every day and its not hard to conceal at all. You just have to account for your waist size going up with a gun and spare mag on your hip and go up a pants size or two. I also moved from large t shirts to large tall.
>>
Anything is fine for target practice. The cheapest gun out shoots even good shooters.

Do you see any future uses other than target practice?

You said California so I'm assumed concealed carry isn't an option. Home defense might be an option.

Assuming you won't carry it, and you are just trying to have fun, and learn to shoot. Just grab whatever full size pistol looks good. Don't over think it. You'll probably end up with more pistols later if you like it.

The sigma is fine. If you find out you the Internet has convinced you the trigger sucks. Apex makes replacement trigger parts that are awesome.

A new shooter won't be able to tell the difference until you hand them something bad, and something amazing side by side.

Go try some rental guns. Or borrow a friend's gun if you like it buy it.

Modern pistols don't have a lot of issues. Almost anything is fine.
>>
>>32702900
>Promoting Roachshit
You even know where you are, boy?
>>
>>32699393
Spend the extra $200 and get something that doesn't have a miserable trigger
>>
>>32703781
tell me how the gun is bad without saying "muh Roaches cant make guns!!!1!”
>>
>>32703749
this desu
>>
File: reee.gif (975KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
reee.gif
975KB, 500x360px
>>32699393
>Sigma, SD99, or SD9VE
The Sigma was so awful it took the M&P years to get a reputation for not being garbage. The 9VE isn't much of an upgrade from that and the price is the same or higher than much better pistols. Only consider one if you can get it at $300. I'll spare you all the reasons because it's a long list.
It's sad to hear that Ruger 9E's aren't allowed because that's my go-to pick at that price. Maybe shop a tier higher and find something that's used. At worst you'll be replacing a spring in a heavily used pistol.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.