[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else see that dumpster fire of a TV show called Six

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 567264861_1280x720.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
567264861_1280x720.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
Did anyone else see that dumpster fire of a TV show called Six that just aired on History channel?

Depicts ST6 members and hits literally, LIT-ER-ALLY every single trope a military action/drama would hit. One soldier who's kinda off the rails, one that defends him even though he's a fucking psycho in a uniform because MUH BRUTHAHOOD, family troubles at home, new guy that nobody trusts to know how to do his job, Seal who was LITERALLY HOURS AWAY from signing his walking papers gets pulled back in FOR ONE LAST MISSION and he and his wife have the "I swear I'll come back home again" talk...Christ.

Good production values, but come on. It can only get you so far in the face of every single cliche imaginable.
>>
>>32698224
Yeah, seems poorly written so far.

Also, I like Goggins, but it's hard to imagine that scrawny fuck as ST6 material.
>>
File: Who's hungry.jpg (305KB, 699x960px) Image search: [Google]
Who's hungry.jpg
305KB, 699x960px
>>32698224
Oh, it's a drama series. I thought it was going to be some sort of documentary with decent recreations. Normies will probably eat it up. Kinda disappointing.
>>
>>32698339
The action scenes were pretty operator but everything in between was just "kill me now" tier.
>>
>>32698628
Are we talking about the OP show or The Unit? I ask because OP just basically described The Unit, except with ST6.
>>
>>32698224
>One soldier who's kinda off the rails
But aren't they sailors?
>>
>>32698224
>>32698766
This is what happens when idiot hollywood writers make some cookie cutter script because their yuppie lives render them incapable of understanding how actual military culture is and they only rely on older films.
>>
>>32698766
Oh my god, you're right.

This is worse than Over There that used to be on FX.
>>
>>32698224
>One soldier who's kinda off the rails

devgru literally scalp the dead irl
>>
>>32699789
The dude shot an unarmed prisoner, execution style. He's no better than the fucks he's sent to fight against. He's scum.
>>
>>32699789
>Beliving unnamed sources from a random blog

BOY OH BOY, DO I HAVE A BRIDGE TO SELL YA!
>>
>>32700418
>it's about ethics in black ops
kys
>>
>>32700450
It's about a standard of professionalism.

Also the episode literally frames him as a hypocrite. He sees the family in bed with their throats slit by the hadji's he's fighting, then proceeds to perform his own barbarism against his enemy. The show frames him in this way, and it's right. Hell, even his team frames him this way; they're all uncomfortable as fuck and only one has the balls to say 'you're fucked up' before another immediately tells him to 'stfu he's the team lead he's fine'.
>>
>>32700437
>the New York Times
>a random blog
>>
>>32700503
NYT sourced the blog.
>>
>>32700486
SEALs killed 9 stoned and sleeping Somalian pirates because taking them prisoner was too much of a hassle. I don't care about that, or this fucking retarded TV show. fuck your delusions of gentlemen warriors garbage
>>
>>32700528
meh, taking chunks for verification seems legit. honestly, idk why they wouldn't do that.
>>
>>32700554
You didn't even watch the show, did you?

>two runners after SEALs clear the target building
>ask for containment fire to cut them off
>they shoot one in the leg, have every oportunity for a lethal follow-up but instead get prisoners on their knees and with hands locked behind their heads
>question prisoners on whereabouts of target
>preparing to take them into custody
>team lead shows up out of nowhere and shoots ONE of the prisoners in the head for no reason, before his team takes the other prisoner alive.

It was absolutely senseless. Also I read up on the SEALs killing stoned and/or sleeping somalis; the person that SAID they were stoned and sleeping was another fucking pirate, who himself said he heard it from other pirates. Real reliable source there, chief.
>>
>>32700566
Unnamed sources unnamed seals, its sketchy as fuck.
>>
>>32700581
Occam's razor, chewing khat and sleeping are about the two most common evening activities in Somalia. well, that and raping kidnapped white chicks
>>
>>32698224
>Depicts ST6 members and hits literally, LIT-ER-ALLY every single trope a military action/drama would hit.

Well yeah, that's how you get shows picked up.
>>
>>32698766
This.
>>
>>32698224
The promo slots for this show in cringy as fuck. They have the actors badly impersonate Clint Eastwood while spouting cliche slogans.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.