[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Military pet peeves about civilians. >Not knowing the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 42

ITT: Military pet peeves about civilians.

>Not knowing the difference between officer and enlisted
>Referring to any branch as "The Army"
>Thinking that everyone in the Air Force is a pilot
>Thinking that any chucklefuck in camoflauge is a goddamned war hero, not realizing that everyone including cooks and finance people wear the same uniform
>Asking if I know their friend/cousin/uncle who is in another branch, stationed 1,000 miles from me.
>>
File: 1470665027369.jpg (246KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470665027369.jpg
246KB, 1080x1080px
>tfw you will never be asked to stand up proudly in church on memorial day
why even live?
>>
>>32694184
>Not knowing the difference between officer and enlisted
enlisted are the adult children, officers run the daycare
colloquialism
>Thinking that everyone in the Air Force is a pilot
why would you matter to anyone feigning interest in your service if you weren't a pilot?
>Thinking that any chucklefuck in camoflauge is a goddamned war hero, not realizing that everyone including cooks and finance people wear the same uniform
you're more important than them! you're doing the big boy jobs like raking rocks and digging/refilling holes!
>Asking if I know their friend/cousin/uncle who is in another branch, stationed 1,000 miles from me.
i'll give you this one, that's always dumb

tl;dr crayon eating warm body thinks he's better than everyone else for doing something millions of others do as well

thank you for your service
>>
File: 1436939267641.jpg (99KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1436939267641.jpg
99KB, 700x525px
>>32694184
Every branch is the Army...
>tfw prior 0311
>tfw my mom says things to other people such as "oh, my son was a soldier

God damnit mom!!!

Seriously I don't expect much or give that much of a fuck tho. It's their Freedom to have ignorance. They shouldn't be expected to know the intricacies.
>>
>>32694323
who even goes to church anymore
>>

Great way to get a recruiter from the Marines to stop harassing you, I found out.
>>
i purposefully only say the army because if they get pissy about it i know they're a jackass who cares too much about being a vet.
>>
>>32696027
Just as glad as you don't join at all.
>>
>>32694184
Literally never heard of any of this ever happening.
>>
>>32696056
Add this to the list of civilian pet peeves.

Literally everything OP said happens.
>>
People not even knowing that we are still at war in Afghanistan and [back at war] in Iraq, and Americans are still dying in combat.
>>
>>32696027
Try getting one to explain the difference between "soldier" and "marine".
>So you're a soldier?
>No I am a marine.
>I thought that was a soldier.
>Marines are worth three soldiers.
>So you could take three other army dudes on a fight?
>I am not a member of the army I am in the marine corps and that is not what the saying means.
>Oh. So what's the difference between a soldier and a marine?
>The marines are an amphibious...(this goes on for a while)...where as the army...(nice script)...if that makes any sense to you.
>So you're like a soldier, but waterproof?
>he hangs up
>>
File: 1373281339584.jpg (29KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
1373281339584.jpg
29KB, 400x450px
>>32694184
People who think like this are people who drove a fucking truck or had some other non-combat MOS. People who actually served in combat positions don't walk around acting like they're somehow better than everyone else in the room. Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>MUH TRIGGER FINGER DISCIPLINE
>>
the only thing i've ever felt was tacky was thanking people for their service. talk about a y-you too moment.
>>
>>32696183
This.
Even right after basic training, heading to AIT I was told "thank you for your service, lemme buy you that!!" I'm not even in a real unit yet..
>>
Civilian pet peeves about military
> boot camp/ basic means they shoot better than me
> any ar-15 or derivative is an 'm4'
> they should receive discounts literally everywhere
> mil-spec is better than match grade
> their opinion on politics, economy, culture is gospel and cannot be challenged.
I got plenty of military family/friends and respect their job but don't ever hold it against me that I decided to go for a higher paying career.
>>
>>32696254
>> their opinion on politics, economy, culture is gospel and cannot be challenged.

lol this. Boots not even making it to or past E-4 acting like they know anything beyond making work, relatively on time, with a clean and pressed uniform.
>>
>>32696254
Yeah, but you're the one that seems to have a flustered asshole and is overly confident.
>>
From personal experience
>telling someone you're in the military and in their ignorance they immediately go on a pity rant about how you were conscripted. (Liberal California)
>all Marines a in-the-shit frontline infantryman
>Marines actually kill babies. Actually killing babies.Like literally.
>>
>>32694394

Whatever you way, Army Boy. :^)
>>
File: kek.jpg (160KB, 590x419px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
160KB, 590x419px
>>32696081

>So, you're like a soldier, but waterproof?
>>
>>32696413
Whenever my Marines would complain of working in the pissing rain, "We're amphibious" has been a good retort.
>>
>>32696254
>military reject detected
>>
>>32696386
>But deh Urmy is teh best. Lozl. We urnnt liek dem Jarhoods. Wie smart.
>Even though we have lower standards, as marksmen, asvab requirements, and all evidence points to the contrary

Upsetting Army bitches makes my mouth water almost as hard is when I used to have access to Whataburger.
>>
>people outside my job dont know every detail of my job reeee

Nice autism OP
>>
>>32696511
Whataburger is severely overrated
>>
>>32694184
Cooks fucking rock, having been on COPs without cooks, and on COPs with cooks. Seriously makes life a lot nicer.
>>
>>32696547
You don't hate mayo. Whataburger uses mustard as a standard condiment. Never Mayo.

Yes you can special order McSlutnuts or Burgerbitch to leave it out. But half the time they fuck it up.and it's there anyway.

Or go-to Whataburger and don't have to special order and know that your shit is tastier. Easy decision for me.

Why I'm posting a JFK image as we are discussing fast food preferences you ask? Life is complicated.
>>
>>32694184
>>Asking if I know their friend/cousin/uncle who is in another branch, stationed 1,000 miles from me.
And know them by their first name.
>>
>>32696013
Me
>>
>>32696612
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>32694184
So uuuhhhh what branch of the muhreans are you in? How many magazines can you fit in your clip? I'm asking for a friend
>>
>>32696612
I'm an atheist. Forget them, I respect all beliefs. Well OK not all but I grew up a Christian and changed my mind.

You probably know decent girls who are wife material too. I'm divorced, and sad.
>>
>>32696077
don't worry, in ten years they'll forget we were even there in the first place
>>
File: 1474762108313.png (231KB, 643x537px) Image search: [Google]
1474762108313.png
231KB, 643x537px
>>32696612
>>
>>32696511
How's it feel to have to have your asses saved by dumber guys who can't shoot like in fallujah?

Go home senior lance, if you actually used some sense you'd realize the standards aren't that different.
>>
>>32696850
>aren't that different

Only higher intelligence requirements, Marksman requirements, and physical fitness requirements. You also have no fucking idea about Fallujah.

Holy shit trolling you guys is too easy. I should do this more.

Army cucks. Lmao.
>>
>>32696975
You sound pretty salty for someone that isn't trolling.
>>
>>32696994
Oh Army, I am trolling you though. It's time we go on the offense.

Did I fluster your sensitive vagina? Europeans don't tend to cry as hard...
>>
>>32696137
>self-delusion the post

Being combat anything doesnt mean shit.

You know Maintainers in the Air Force do 3x times the work because they actually work 5-6 days a week 12+ hours a day ALL YEAR at home station.

At deployments they work 16s
>>
>>32694394
>you're more important than them! you're doing the big boy jobs like raking rocks and digging/refilling holes!

Lmfao. Too much truth. Let's not forget base beautification and policing cigarette butts.
>>
>>32697085
Wow you're a faggot. You don't know shit about fallujah either.
>>
>>32697680
So I was smarter joining the Infantry and seeing combat? Occasionally jerking off in my room, and playing PlayStation because I didn't have a dayjob while I wasn't deployed?

Then getting out and having the same exact benefits? Wow you Pogs have all the fun.
>>
>>32697680
I was a k9 handler. Spent time attached to different services doing different things and when I came home I had an actual job.

The infantry is a lot of propaganda because if they told the truth no one would do it. It takes no skill, no smarts, and is usually the last stop for everyone that couldn't score anything else asvab wise.

Policing cigarette butts, picking up trash, mopping floors, getting dui's, and beating your dependents is their job at home. Even deployed most aren't doing anything but they'll talk it up big and act like the infantry is the best job on the planet. So great their retention numbers are shit.
>>
File: Mercy and Widowmaker.png (779KB, 1800x1674px) Image search: [Google]
Mercy and Widowmaker.png
779KB, 1800x1674px
Civilian pet peeves about enlisted.

>Acting as though their presence in the military means they should be bowed to at all times
>Bugging the fuck out when a civilian asks about their time in
>Feeling the need to type a post using almost nothing but military lingo in order to prove they actually served
>"Yeah, so I whiskey tango'd along the northern perimeter when the E8 badger-boyz radio'd in a couple hadji-foru-niners so my buddy in MO shammalammadingdongmymommysbigschlong got on the ASSRAMM and squared out the hadjis with three BUTTSLAM MOABS, leaving nothing but PANDA for the camels to eat, mammal was so whammal."
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-31-00-36-46.png (427KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-31-00-36-46.png
427KB, 1080x1920px
>>32698046
If you think the Army did anything worthwhile in Fallajua lmfao, they helped. Like the Marines made the meal, but we did ask the Army to open a jar of pickles.

I wasn't in Falluja but know plenty who were, IRL this is just a random screen cap I took. Marines had command and had to babysit you guys.
>>
>>32696612
keep going. There's nothing but roasties outside. Not that there aren't roasties inside, but if there isn't one, she's going to be inside.
>>
>>32698142
You missed the point entirely boot. I'm not in the army, I was calling you out for trying to act like you know anything about fallujah except what you've heard from the older guys.

T 12 years active.
>>
>>32697680
So you're better than everyone else in the country because you do the same thing as most hard working Americans except you wear MARPAT while you work?
>>
>>32698176
My squad leader was in Fallujah and committed suicide a couple years ago actually. So probably know more than you. I did 4 years, 2 deployments. 1 in Iraq 2009 one in Afghanistan 2011. I've Easd and since then have a bachelor's degree, and a career.

So call me a boot some more you worthless fucking no action lifer that couldn't function in society.

>12 years

What a bitch.
>>
>>32698233
Lol. Stay mad.
>>
>>32698315
OK. Stay lame.
>>
File: 1404418031629.jpg (7KB, 160x181px) Image search: [Google]
1404418031629.jpg
7KB, 160x181px
>>32696081
lol waterproof solider
>>
>>32698127
>Mfw I want to shoot an ASSRAM now
>>
File: sad_frog.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>>32698395
>you will never ASSRAM a jihadi
>>
>>32696254
>they should receive discounts literally everywhere

Or worse, their spouses. I worked as a cashier at a restaurant for a while when I was a lad, and every other fat cunt that waddled through would ask if we offered a military discount. I'd tell them no, and they'd invariably launch into a tirade about how the armed forces defend my freedom and that entitles them to gibs. "That's great. Which branch were you in exactly, you fat cunt?" I dearly wanted to ask each of them.
>>
File: 1480869526316.jpg (16KB, 342x348px) Image search: [Google]
1480869526316.jpg
16KB, 342x348px
>saluting to enlisted
>not knowing the Coast Guard is a thing
>wearing hats indoors
>having hands in pockets
>not wearing a hi-vis PT belt whenever exercising
>not having any sort of emotional bearing, patience or discipline
>not being able to work as a team
>being fat
>calling marines soldiers
>thinking the average serviceman is proficient with their weapons, especially handguns
>>
>>32698641
>Wearing Hats Indoors
>Not wearing pt belt
>Having hand in daggon' pockets
I can feel the knife hand while reading this post
>>
>>32696362

Are you saying that Marines don't kill babies?

I don't know of any cases where one flipped out and started wringing little necks. But, there are hundreds of documented cases where Marines kill babies and small children because they're retards or gung-ho.

>Graves, whose team beautifully destroyed the building that shielded the enemy gunmen during the assault through Al Hayy, approaches the car
with another Marine. Graves sees a little girl curled up in the backseat. She looks to be about three, the same age as his daughter at home in California. There’s a small amount of blood on the upholstery, but the girl’s eyes are open. She seems to be cowering. Graves reaches in to pick her up— thinking about what medical supplies he might need to treat her, he later
says—when the top of her head slides off and her brains fall out. When Graves steps back, he nearly falls over when his boot slips in the girl’s
brains. It takes a full minute before Graves can actually talk. The situation is one he can only describe in elemental terms. “I could see her throat from the top of her skull,” he says.

Or from the same book:

>“This kid’s been zipped with five-five-six rounds!” Doc Bryan shouts, referring to a caliber of bullet commonly used in American weapons.
“Marines shot this boy!” He has his medical kit out, rubber gloves on, and is frantically cutting off the kid’s filthy clothes, checking his vital signs and railing at the top of his lungs. “These fucking jackasses,” he says. “Triggerhappy motherfuckers.”

Marines aren't even apologetic about this:

>But then Gunny Wynn seems to almost reverse himself. “I’m not saying don’t protect yourselves. If it’s a case of losing one Marine versus one hundred civilians, I will save the Marine. You’ve just got to be goddamn
careful.”

I'm not trying to make a point. That's just the way it is.
>>
>>32696013
Me, faggot.
>t. Navy
>>
>>32699278
That's 1 long ass bullshit post.

>He was a Marine so he's a baby killer

Fuck you man you have no idea. Watching kids die in Iraq is literally the worst thing I had to endure. But I'm just an evil Jarhead right? Get double fucked you pleb idiot bitch. You know nothing.
>>
>>32699396
I know a guy who popped a kid who picked up a shitty little pistol from his dads counter when they were breaching w/o charges I think into a room. I understand man not all of us are sperg.
>>
>>32694184
ITT: Civilian peeves about military

>Never shutting up about their paid vacation to hawaii and how it was a service to their country
>Thinking people care what branch they served in
>Thinking their more aware of how the world really works
>Thinking they are operators of unparalleled skill
>join military to work a shitty desk job yet still think of themselves as operators when they get out
>>
>The fact that I was in the military comes up in conversation i.e. "What did you do for work before (current job)?
>Tell them I was in the military
>Well, I was gonna join up but (weak excuse)
Literally every faggot I meet has a story about how they were >gonna join, but did/could not.
>>
how about a pet peeve about america that has to do with the military.

> always see stuff on the news/youtube about an american soldier coming home/ to their kid's schools and surprising them and everyone breaks down in tears in a heartfelt touching moment
>nobody gives a fuck or thinks about the middle eastern guy, "the enemy", who probably doesn't return home to his family
>>
>>32699458
Well I was gonna join up, but I failed a psych interview...
>>
>>32694184
The only pet peeve I have is when civilians post in the MEG thread or talk about the military as if they are authoritative. But I get annoyed at people attempting to speak authoritatively on something when they have done no research on it nor have any experience in it in general.

Other than that any sperging about about "dirty civilians" is just stupid bullshit moto tards do.
>>
>>32696511
The muhhhrrrreeeeeenz are a cult.

But yeah, I've met some pretty stupid soldiers too.
>>
>>32699577
How the fuck do you do that? I've known people who literally went into the military for the sole purpose of blowing shit up and passed
>>
>>32699641
It was for the Australian military, which are a bit choosier when it comes to the selection process. They don't like taking people who are on psych meds, apparently.
>>
>>32699396
>>He was a Marine so he's a baby killer

About the exact opposite of what I said fuckwad. Cool your jets.
>>
>>32696254
> their opinion on politics, economy, culture is gospel and cannot be challenged.

So much this, knew a guy that was married to a friend of my girlfriend, their relationship have off honest to God, "yeah bro fuck my wife vibes", guy was a gun grabbing bernout adamant that only people who severed or in government should have a choice in foreign policy
>>
>>32699661
What did we tell you about lying about everything when it comes to your health unless you have like a heart condition or epilepsy?
>>
File: 802345730487512.jpg (236KB, 798x569px) Image search: [Google]
802345730487512.jpg
236KB, 798x569px
>being on this board
>>
>>32699902
If they don't want me or have concerns about letting me in, that's their choice. That's not something I'd be dishonest about, because it could genuinely impact someone else.

It's not like me hypothetically making guns or hand grenades in my shed, sure it's much more illegal, but the only one that would likely get hurt is me (and my fingers).
>>
>>32699576
Go over there and be a fucking Red Cross volunteer then you pussy
>>
File: 10_Dwayne_Johnson.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
10_Dwayne_Johnson.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
>>32699576
>who probably doesn't return home to his family

Because he already sent his wife and children off on suicide bomb missions. May Abdul-Al Goatfucker rest in piss.

Stop being a faggot, anon.
>>
>>32699605
Fucking this.

Why are they talking about Ranger School, BUD/s or trying to argue if ST6 is better than Delta? Shut the fuck up, you're not even in basic you fucking poolee faggot.

God, /meg/ is cancer.
>>
>>32699576
I honestly get the oversaturation of the "muh debel dahgs comin home" thing, but fuck right off with that other cuck shit
>>
>>32694184
Whenever a serviceman start sperging out on the Internet about how much better they are than civvies I just mouth off harder to them, insult their service and call them sensitive big babies, because I can and there's nothing they can do about it. I call this the "welcome back to the real world" maneuver.

>hurr durr you wouldn't say that to their face
>If we were face to face I'd rek your shit
But we aren't so there's nothing you can do about it, enjoy getting your feelings hurt.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 223x226px
>>32694184
>ITT: Military pet peeves about civilians.
>
>>Not knowing the difference between officer and enlisted
>>Referring to any branch as "The Army"
>>Thinking that everyone in the Air Force is a pilot
>>Thinking that any chucklefuck in camoflauge is a goddamned war hero, not realizing that everyone including cooks and finance people wear the same uniform
>>Asking if I know their friend/cousin/uncle who is in another branch, stationed 1,000 miles from me.
Militia has no clue what they're doing. They have their heads in the sand, and rifles up their ass. Who's the real terrorists? All we do is blow people up and get their noses in everything, probably the poor women's private parts before they shoot them too. God bless America. The home of the /b/rave, and home of the free. /k/atch y'all later.
>>
I always have stories about Marines and navy

>be navy
>go to school and have them pay debts
>live comfy and work at gun store part time
>have marine show up
>could tell by his "I scored a 40 on the asvab" haircut and shitty usmc tattoo
>his pig wife was also an indicator
>asks me for the closest thing to an M16
>uh... we only have AR's
>well I'm military, I'm cleared to use military weapons
>k
>long argument as to why I can't give him an M16 cause we live in fucking California
>settles for a shitty Del-ton
>asks if he can get a military discount
>yeah just need to see your military ID and write your role
>band

Fucking A, I'm an aviations mechanic and I don't even stand up at Padre games when they ask service men to stand up
>>
>>32696330
>>32696496
This is my civilian pet peeve. Supposedly tough grunts who are hypersensitive of anyone criticizing servicemen. Probably the easiest thing in the world is hurting a US soldiers feelings.
>>
File: 1483987742336.png (66KB, 206x369px) Image search: [Google]
1483987742336.png
66KB, 206x369px
>>32696975
>Muhreens
>higher intelligence requirements
>>
>>32699278
Thanks. Now I'm literally stupidester
>>
>>32700158
Because everyone one remotely involved in the resistance was full blown akbhar, right? It's not like you made up some bullshit reason to invade them and then acted surprised when people fought back. Don't be all like "hurr a rifle in every window, the soil will be watered with the blood of invaders" and then get mad when others do it.
>>
>>32700186
It's a containment thread, just hide it.
>>
>>32696592
>Never mayo
Fucking kys faggot
>>
>>32698233
Kek he probably killed himself because he had to deal with your fat ass day in and out
>>
>>32694184
I'm about to leave for Navy basic because I'm a fuck up and I'm already dreading being grouped in with all the entitled shitheads begging for praise
>>
File: 1307381800985.jpg (28KB, 456x297px) Image search: [Google]
1307381800985.jpg
28KB, 456x297px
>Did you kill anybody?

Every tiem
>>
>>32700967
Well did you?
>>
File: laughing_donkey[1].jpg (54KB, 629x420px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_donkey[1].jpg
54KB, 629x420px
>>32700967
Civ here, never asked that because I don't care and it obviously puts the other person in an awkward position.

Military people are great, my only pet peeves with you guys are:
>Expecting me to know about your job.
You don't know the difference between a front and rear end web developer because why should you unless you are a web developer. Don't expect me to know the difference between a marine and a navy seal. Just knowing the difference has no direct impact on my life.

>Acting like you are still in the military as civ
I was in a class with an army vet and we were doing a group project. I was the leader and everyone turned there projects in to me, I compiled them and turned in the final project.

The vet made a point of telling everyone in the group that he sent an email to the teacher telling her what a great job I did as group leader and asked me what I sent in with the project.

I felt like the biggest asshole in the world because I only put everyone's name and what they did.

It was a gen ed class, we were never going to see the teacher again, and she sure as shit does not care about any of us.

I still feel like an asshole to this day for not writing something nice about the guy, even though no one ever does anything like that.
>>
>>32700967
Such a stupid question.

"No we reconciled our differences verbally with our enemy and had coffee after"
>>
>>32701058
Chill, man.
>>
>>32701073
?

I'm chill, just pointing out how it's a stupid question no matter how much you know about the military.
>>
>>32701076
>"Hey so did you do that thing that everyone is curious about but only legal where you work?" >*sigh*
Yeah what morons to ask completely sensible questions. Do they only teach soldiers at the US Army Marines Corp's how to be condescending douchebags? Is that like week one of basic?
>>
>>32694184
> not saluting my wife who holds same rank as me by association
>>
>>32700515
>dissing the marine band
>>
>>32701117
Just wait till she gets a higher rank
>>
>>32701110
Sorry if I hit a nerve there buddy. But I just want you to think long and hard about what a soldier might be doing when deployed to a war zone.
>>
>>32701198
Shell never get enough field combat experience
>>
>>32701300
Meanwhile you can think long and hard what a watchmaker does when a mechanical watch arrives for restoration.

Or, you know, you can just ask me right now instead. Because I don't believe everyone automatically HAS to know absolutely everything about my profession without ever asking. Fucking douchebag.

Do I have to fill out a quiz before approaching you, so you'd know if I'm informed enough to ask only "smart" questions?

"Question 23: Which one these in not like the others?"
>Marine
>Jarhead
>Devil Dog
>Soldier
>>
>>32701441
>Meanwhile you can think long and hard what a watchmaker does when a mechanical watch arrives for restoration.

Actually a more accurate comparison would be if I asked you if you ever made a watch, which as I said earlier is a stupid question.

>Because I don't believe everyone automatically HAS to know absolutely everything about my profession without ever asking. Fucking douchebag.

Dude, when did I say about someone needing to know everything? I'm saying that one question is dumb because it is. I don't get why you're so hung up about it.

Also just to cut the weak jarhead bait short, I'm a mover in the RAF.
>>
>>32701470
>Actually a more accurate comparison would be if I asked you if you ever made a watch, which as I said earlier is a stupid question.
And you'd assume wrong, which is why it's not a stupid question.

>I'm saying that one question is dumb because it is.
Nice reasons, faggot.

>I'm a mover in the RAF.
And there you have it. You're assblasted about that question, because every time it got asked you had to answer "no", and people realized you were doing a job no different from a civilians, only difference was you were wearing DPM pattern.
>>
>>32701110
>"Oh, you're an ER surgeon? Lose anybody in the operating room lately?"

This is how you sound right now.
>>
>>32701527
>another 0 score POG
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>32701510
Then you're obviously not a watchmaker. Is that where the hostile replies are coming from? Do you want to talk about it anon?

Personally, even before I joined the RAF, I'd ask them where they were stationed. Even if you know nothing about military life you can get a pretty clear picture on someone by context of where they were and what they did.

"Yeah I'm a clerk at Brize Norton but one time someone in my dorm took the last slice of pizza without asking if it was okay so I stabbed him in the neck"

I'm not particularly upset about the question, I'm just trying to explain my point of view to you. I love my job. There's no need to be so rude my friend.
>>
>>32701604
Well you're not a soldier either. Just another cubicle monkey.
>>
>>32700631
lol fatual keks
>>
File: 1480746589199.png (41KB, 1280x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1480746589199.png
41KB, 1280x1483px
>>32696612
>>
>>32694405
thank you for your service
>>
>be me, ensign inna navy

I get really uncomfortable when people thank me for my service. I've done nothing, literally just started flight school. I've basically been on paid vacation the last 9 months. I won't even use military discounts, I feel like I haven't "earned" it yet. Maybe after I get my wings and have my first deployment. So for now I'll just continue being an awkward butterbar.
>>
>>32694394
>>Not knowing the difference between officer and enlisted
>enlisted are the adult children, officers run the daycare

In the Air Force it's the reverse. SNCOs have to mind junior officers so they don't hurt themselves.
>>
>>32697680
>You know Maintainers in the Air Force do 3x times the work because they actually work 5-6 days a week 12+ hours a day ALL YEAR at home station.
>At deployments they work 16s

Exaggerate much? Career AF maintainer here who knows better. Weekend duty normally covers weekends and twelves are only standard during exercises, sortie surges or war. Three shift coverage is typical so normal is 8hr shifts with a bit extra for turnover. If your shit's hard broke you may stay late but nothing in maintenance is actually physically "hard" work.
>>
>>32694184
civilian pet peeves about military

>against government healthcare
>gets VA benefits
>against tuition free or subsidiarized college
>has GI bill

Wew lad
>>
>>32694184
The military of any nation can be refereed as the Army.

Also, go away boot.
>>
File: 1484804878024.jpg (24KB, 288x252px) Image search: [Google]
1484804878024.jpg
24KB, 288x252px
>My husband/son/dad/boyfriend is a (insert rank here) so you have to show me respect
>>
>>32702525
Don't forget
>against civilian gun ownership
>only military/LE are qualified enough to have guns
>>
>>32702445
All branches are run by senior NCOs,
>32694394
is full of shit.
>>
>>32699577
Psych interviews weed out people too stupid to pass psych interviews.
>>
>>32702525
That shit is a thanks for service. You want it for everyone?!
>>
>>32702525
>Goes to VA
Difference between a benefit of prior service, and being legally required to have it
>No free college for everyone

Once again it's a benefit from service. A recruitment tool to get volunteers to join. That's different than "gimme dat, it's free for everyone".

WeW laddy, get some logic in your life.
>>
>>32702580

Yes
>>
>>32702553
Veterans don't actually say that tho. Anti mil people post it as bait so they and others can attack with anti mil memes.
>>
>>32701198
>Just wait till she gets a higher rank

Dependapotamus highest rank. (Civilians should picture a hippo that makes screaming frog noises.)
>>
File: Jesse-ventura.jpg_(489×324).jpg (18KB, 404x321px) Image search: [Google]
Jesse-ventura.jpg_(489×324).jpg
18KB, 404x321px
>>32702580
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
>>
>>32702294
Discounts are actually a SALES TOOL to draw military customers and are not substantial enough to cause a loss on sales.

Try to be a chill, smart butterbar and find good mentors.
>>
>>32698142
>I wasn't in Fallujah
>But the Army didn't do shit
The Army may have fucked up prior to the Marine siege, but they were there and did alot more than you think.

I have a coworker and good friend who was a Fister in the Army, Ranger tab to boot. Never really talked about what he did. Just a nice guy. One day there was a particularly bad call (we're Medics) and his truck was drenched in the blood. On the ceiling, walls, in the cabinets, on the monitor, in the bags. Some guy attempted suicide by stabbing himself in the neck, chest and thighs and when he got combative in the truck and started removing the bandages blood was squirting everywhere. Anyways they came back to station, and I go out to help clean it all out. I open the back doors and that stench of iron just hits us like a wave. He just stares at it and says "I haven't smelled anything like that since Fallujah".

Do a little research and drop the boot ego, Army was pretty heavily involved with both sieges. Especially the Rangers.
>>
>>32702535
>The military of any nation can be refereed as the Army.

Nonsense. Contain your illiteracy.
>>
>>32702629
>implying its wrong
>>
>>32702580
>That shit is a thanks for service. You want it for everyone?!

WRONG! It is EARNED DEFERRED COMPENSATION for services rendered, not a pat on the head for being a good lad.

Government buys military labor on credit by spreading pay and benefits over time.
>>
>>32696547
You're overrated.
>>
File: 1426990202734.jpg (16KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1426990202734.jpg
16KB, 300x277px
>>32702626
>I wasn't in Fallujah
>Insinuating that means he knows nothing
>Write entire post about how you weren't there and also only have secondhand knowledge, so clearly you know
>>
File: efd.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
>>32702606
>We got promoted to Staff Sergeant today!
>>
>>32702637
>>implying its wrong

It is wrong. Army means Army. It's not a general term in English. What does it mean in your Third World language?

OED:
Army [treated as singular or plural] An organized military force equipped for fighting on land:
‘the two armies were in position’
>>
I fucking hate Americans get all the cool gear, why can't I have SBR's and cool IR stuff!
>>
>>32702688
British Army, aka the Army. There.
>>
>>32702670
Because he does know nothing if he thinks USMC did all the heavy lifting and would have done it all completely alone. Hell, even the Brits were in on the 2nd siege.
>>
File: iknowright.gif (449KB, 318x239px) Image search: [Google]
iknowright.gif
449KB, 318x239px
>>32698127
best post in this thread. doing gods work my son.

also I would add
>no matter what the branch, some dude gets some leave and starts acting like he's trying to reintegrate back into civvy life
youre not brooks hadlin. this isnt shawshank redemption. spending a couple years in jacksonville didnt take you out of society.

conversely
>know a lot of correctional officers and criminals
>prison just turns whoever has to deal with other people into an asshole
>7\10 guys are like that after the service
>>
>>32702735

>implying royal Marines don't exist
>implying royal airforce don't exist
>implying royal navy doesn't exist

These are all separate entities
>>
File: 1484602980777.png (151KB, 474x311px) Image search: [Google]
1484602980777.png
151KB, 474x311px
>>32696205
I'll do you one better.

>Be muh-reen poolee
>Be at comicon for 'recruiter's assistance'
>Sitting at table while recruiter fucks off somewhere
>Guy, probably late fifties, walks up
>'Thank you for your service'
>Immediately leaves

Wasn't wearing anything remotely close to a uniform. Was awkward as fuck.
>>
>>32702620
Never really thought of it as a sales tool. Kinda dumb of me but just never thought of it like that. And yeah I have 2 mentors of sorts. One was prior marine enlisted who commissioned through the MECEP program. We were stashed together at our college all summer, he taught me more in 2 months than 4 years of NROTC. He played occasional pranks too.
>be me, 1 month since commissioning
>3 O-3's, myself, and the other O-1
>they make me drive gov't van for lunch since they want to have a beer w/ their meal
>have to stop and fill up for gas
>"oh just use your debit card and keep the receipt, the Navy reimburses you"
>fill up van like 3 or 4 times over the summer because I drive 3 hours once a week to another college to talk to high school kids for some ROTC STEM-degree seminar
>life goes on, mid-september now
>new MECEP, artillery SSgt
>be driving with him in van, stop to get gas, pull out my card
>sir, what the fuck are you doing, just use the unit debit card in the little zipper pouch attached to the keys
>sothatswhatthatis.jpg
>he finds it hilarious, calls the 2nd lt that started it all

And that's how I learned not to use my own debit card to pay for gas
>>
So, basically, my takeaway here is that everyone is compensating for inadequacy.
>>
>>32696547
Those are fighting words boy.
>>
>>32702629
Are you mainland Chinese with the PLAN and et cetera?
Then shut up.
>>
All I know about the military is when I dressed up in drag for halloween one year I had three different dudes who wore their uniform as their costume insist on dancing with me and get visible erections grabbing my ass and fake tits.

I assume any situation where someone in the military drinks more than one beer something gay happens based on that night.
>>
>>32699632
>the marines are a cult.

I don't know seem like a bunch of normal guys doing manly things. Sorry your such a beta bitch anon.
>>
>>32700904
Kek
Tfw when muh higher standurds still leads to a shit show
>>
>>32701624
The RAF have airmen not soldiers, and we couldn't drop bombs without them.
>>
>>32703802
Well did you dress like a whore? I bet you asking for it.
>>
>>32694323
this happens in america?
is like walmart wall of heroes?
>>
File: Shit's funny fuck you.jpg (40KB, 716x712px) Image search: [Google]
Shit's funny fuck you.jpg
40KB, 716x712px
>>32700967
Only for food. Stop that stupid line of questioning with a equally stupid answer.
>>
>>32696013

This asshole.
>>
File: trashman.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
trashman.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>32705529
>defense
>>
File: bird 2.jpg (24KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
bird 2.jpg
24KB, 400x266px
>>32705686
That's the joke. It's the participation award of the military.
>>
>>32699576
>tfw no one understands that we were shooting actual bad guys over there
>>
File: whoosh.gif (804KB, 1307x734px) Image search: [Google]
whoosh.gif
804KB, 1307x734px
>>32706307
I know.
>>
>>32702525
>unearned
>earned
>unearned
>earned

shitpost
>>
>>32696077
Jesus, really? how have you not won yet?
>>
>>32700515
musicianship is a woefully underappreciated skill in military circles
>>
>>32707329
1. Insurgencies are fucking hard to fight.
2. Faggot politicians tie the military's hands behind their backs so they can seem "caring".
>>
This is the board for discussion of weapons. Military is a branch of government and the rules say to keep politics out of /k/. Fuck off to /pol/ you statist fucks.
>>
File: medium rare pepe.jpg (317KB, 1280x670px) Image search: [Google]
medium rare pepe.jpg
317KB, 1280x670px
>>32700420
>Militia has no clue what they're doing. They have their heads in the sand, and rifles up their ass. Who's the real terrorists? All we do is blow people up and get their noses in everything, probably the poor women's private parts before they shoot them too. God bless America. The home of the /b/rave, and home of the free. /k/atch y'all later.
Is this some tasty pasta?
>>
Hey does any other army fag here have this thing where chest hair like starts poking through your tan shirts so when you de-blouse you kinda have to brush off some hair or is it just time to manscape
>>
>>32701156
>>32707517
These
>>
File: 1475272635939s.jpg (9KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475272635939s.jpg
9KB, 250x226px
tfw too intelligent for the muhreens
>>
File: nerp.png (5KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
nerp.png
5KB, 255x255px
>>32694184
who gives a shit?

Besides, its us civvies who make America worth fighting for in the first place. Those TPRs don't fill themselves out by their own.

[cough]thankyouforyourservice[/cough]
>>
>>32701527
Did you ever kill anyone applies to jobs where... their job was to kill. Most civilian's idea of military is soldier.

You're example doesn't work.
>>
>>32708504
>>32701527
*your. I'm a faggit.
>>
File: 1484216780941.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484216780941.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>32694184
ITT: 31B pet peeves about everyone else
>No I will not help you with a cover story because, you woke up late and don't want to get chewed out
>No I will not give you a fucking warning for hauling ass
>No I am not mistaking your 6 pack smell for fucking cologne
>No I will play the siren
>I have no idea if this is Chap 13 applicable
>No I will not pull over. I will also not clean it up
>>
File: 772.jpg (44KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
772.jpg
44KB, 800x587px
>>32696547
you take that back
>>
>>32702735
its Her Majesties Armed Forces
>>
>>32699396
I had a professor who was a marine in Vietnam and he was talking about when he got back people called him a baby killer and he replied "you should try it, you just might enjoy it" I had to hold in my keks while being surrounded by gasping liberals
>>
>>32699458
the real excuse is that they were busy starting an actual career
>>
File: 1484812452987.gif (516KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
1484812452987.gif
516KB, 500x426px
I don't get annoyed by ignorance. I expect that. It's the semi-knowledgeable ones that get me. They know that most of the people in the Army aren't infantry, so they become confused when I tell them I was infantry and insist I clarify.

In service, I was annoyed most by the
>I was supposed to go 18X/join the Marines, but blah, blah, blah
We get it. You're cooler than the guys who just went 11X.

And Cav Scouts. Fuck them.
>>
File: 1484792684278.gif (683KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484792684278.gif
683KB, 720x960px
I'm gonna post military pet peeves about other military personnel.

>when a POG who picked up Corporal with a room temperature cutting score tries getting all high and mighty with a Lance who's senior to them
>a 1stSgt who spent most of hia career on the drill field can't mount his NVGS
>guys who act like the world owes them something for serving
>guys who can't turn off "the Marine switch"
>higher ups who insist if you're getting out you'll make nothing of yourself
>guys who care more knowing uniform orders than knowing CASEVAC/call for fire
>guys who care more about haircuts than small arms knowledge
>losing money monthly to pay for a gross chow hall I don't eat at
>guys who fall out of hikes and runs but get great pros and cons because of ass kissing
>the military trusts grown ass men to handle machine guns and grenades but not to clean their rooms

I've got plenty more, but I'll stop there.

I'm so excited that I'm EASing soon.
>>
Mustangs that forgot where they came from and think acting like a dried cunt is a virtue because they were too lazy or stupid to make Chief.

I'm stationed in Japan, so my peeve is when people see me walking back home or to base and think I'm a marine and treat me like shit. I hate being mistaken for them because they deserve it. Fuck Okinawa, close the base.
>>
>>32696013
>he isn't a casual churchgoer
>>
>>32696039

This.

I even intentionally call MUHREENS Air Force just to see how much of a faggot they'll be about it. So far, immense and total faggotry. I don't give a shit about what your position is.
>>
>>32694394
>enlisted are the adult children, officers run the daycare

JO detected, how's that sweet sweet O-1 paycheck treating you?
>>
>You're in the military?
>(Starts asking about combat/infantry/boots on the ground shit)

Sheeeit I work in naval propulsion I don't know shit about gun fightan.
>>
>>32698127
What artist?
Not into BBW but I dig how he draws faces
>>
>>32702620
>SALES TOOL
This. There's only a handful of servicemen in my area that take advantage of the military discount we offer. The discount isn't big enough for us to lose out on any profits but it's also enough of a discount to get servicemen inside my store and do a bit of shopping.
>>
Dumbass neighbours 14 kid throwing bottle rockets at me while yelling PTSD PTSD always rustles me.

Of course legally Im not allowed to do anything, and even though I've seen some bad shit it doesnt really trigger me since Ranger school trained us mentally for that kind of crap anyway
>>
File: dr-cox.jpg (38KB, 528x297px) Image search: [Google]
dr-cox.jpg
38KB, 528x297px
>tfw destroyed my knee in junior high
>tfw can't join any military org
>tfw never served
>tfw every aptitude test, coach, and councilor all throughout school told me I would make one hell of a marine.
>tfw the closest I'll ever get to military action is through the vidya.

Anyone else know this kind of suffering?
>>
>>32713818
>interviewer didn't like my lastname (it sounds irish but its actually not)
>wrote something nasty on my report
>each subsequent interview i just get snubbed with some meme excuse that we both know is bs
>will probably never serve unless i want to go full FFL
JUST
>>
File: C.S. LOLis.jpg (268KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
C.S. LOLis.jpg
268KB, 2000x1333px
>>32694323
>standing up
>memorial day

uwotm8.png

Did you mean Veteran’s day?

>>32696013
Are you seriously in such a social bubble you don’t know people who attend church?

My church in Austin, TX of all places is filled to the brim most Sundays with 20 and 30-year-olds.

Christianity is on the rise, bro. They’ve been saying we’re going to die out for almost two millennia. I don’t think it’s gonna change anytime soon.
>>
>>32694323
what the fuck is wrong with her arms?
>>
File: 1477459791855.jpg (110KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
1477459791855.jpg
110KB, 500x670px
>>32713818
The exact same suffering.

>Grandad was a Chef in the Catering Corps
>Attached to 7 Para RHA F "Sphinx" Battery
>Aden, Germany deployed to
>Cyprus, Bahrain, Belize, Brunei visited
>Grow up with this magnificent bastard of man
>Want to join
>Get to college (17yo), go for TA to get started
>Go for Infantry, change to Logistics to get licenses in case it goes tits up
>Have desire to transfer to AAC to learn how to fly a helicopter
>Failing that I would attempt to transfer to Paras

>Pass it all, get offered to become an Officer based on my scores and interviews
>Go to weekend for a "preview"
>Finish the mile and a half run of the class 2nd behind a fucking marathon runner
>Medical comes up
>Rearranged without me knowing
>Get call, run 2 miles in 13 minutes
>Get rejected due to knee injury

>Reapply a year later
>Knee

>Again, get offered Intelligence Corps commission
>Knee flares up

>Try again when going to University
>Get offered same Int Corp, but they add in a couple of others that I could go straight for (I just wanted in)
>Knee goes worse than any other time and fucks me completely.
>That was in 2012
>Knee is still fucked and I'm probably losing my job because of it.
>Why the fuck couldn't I of gotten in.
>>
>>32716072
>>32713864
My comrades in suffering

>>Why the fuck couldn't I of gotten in.
How bad is your knee injury? I ended up ripping my kneecap off as well as a bunch of cartilage in the actual joint. That was about 13 years ago and I still feel pain if I step wrong or shift my weight wrong. Or anytime the air pressure changes. Shit sucks.
>>
>>32696254
>>32696269
>>32699852
>tfw was in the army and any time the discussion shifts to politics between me and my friends/anyone who knows I was in the military, they all look at me like I'm supposed to give some super deep and smart musing on it all

motherfucker I was just doing what I was told, I didn't take any courses on foreign policy because I was too busy shooting the people I was pointed towards
>>
>>32696013
i gotta protect that heritage, senpai
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.