[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ Military Enlistment Containment General >Big Troub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 37

File: binky barnes.png (482KB, 610x629px) Image search: [Google]
binky barnes.png
482KB, 610x629px
/meg/ Military Enlistment Containment General

>Big Trouble in Little Gambia Edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
Reposting from last thread: how do I train for pullups if I can't install a pullup bar at home?
>>
>>32693897

>Big Trouble in Little Gambia Edition

>tfw you will never be a mercenary in post colonial africa
>>
Soooo..im going for an MOS that requires a secret clearance.

thing is, when I was 16, I got into some trouble on snapchat for sending nudes. cops came to house, talked to me, told me not to do it again, and made no arrests.

will that be in the records when they go to check local law enforcement? am i fucked on getting a secret clearance? lol
>>
>>32694093
am 19 now
>>
>>32693906
go to park and use their jungle gym shit. you'll look autistic, but itll work
>>
I heard trans can now be in the military

Is this just a PR thing they say is possible or can I actually join the military ?
>>
>>32694614
lol they dont allow mental illness in the military
>>
>>32694661
being trans* isn't a mental illness
>>
>>32693906
Just buy one of the $20 ones that hang on the door frame. My once 220lb ass used them without issue.
>>
>>32694712
But it is. Actually the military will pay you now to cut your dick off and parade you around like the freak show you are in the name of "diversity". Do it then when you inevitably encounter a self inflicted gunshot wound maybe they'll think twice about pumping all that money into you just to see it get hosed down a drain and scooped up into a bag.
>>
>>32694768
why is everyone so hostile towards trans people ?

what have they done to you ?
>>
>>32694780
Nothing, not even being edgy, you want the truth. There's the truth, don't like it? Fuck off back to a safe space or whatever.
>>
>>32694811
that's not very informative ;_;
>>
>>32694780
>why is everyone so hostile towards trans people ?

I don't mind crazy civilians, but someone who wants to be a bitch is not a combat asset. Femininity has no place in war. Faggyness is weakness and not useful to the mission. The mission matters, not social engineering.
>>
>>32694845
>join the military
>they pay you to cut your dick off
>you stay as far away from combat as possible so they don't lose all the money they paid
>you prance around from event to event talking about trans in the military
Go for it. Army or Nasty Girls would love to have you. Just don't be shocked when you catch extra flak from people because they're forced to pay for your surgery via taxes and the only thing you'll contribute to the country is showing other people who want their dick cut off how easy it is to mooch off taxes to get it done at no cost to them.
>>
>>32694712
>>32694780
they've done nothing to me, and I don't care. just dont start spouting off nonsense about how it isnt a mental illness. Liberal ideas are being forced down everyones throat, and I, for one, dont buy into them one bit.

But if you and your echochamber circle of friends that you have most likely made online want to romanticize a mental illness, the military isnt a place for you
>>
>>32694780
>>32694910
and people won't say shit to your face, save for a few occasions, but don't forget that in everyone elses mind you'll be that faggot trans. you'll definitely get shit talked behind your back, and you'll be forced to do all the bullshit that the lowest in a unit always does.

and the lowest will most definitely be you,
>>
>>32694093
>>32694107
bumpin muh question
>>
Kek. These other anons are scared as fuck of trans folks.

My unit is pretty liberal, we have two trans folks and nobody cares.

Just pick a good job instead of a redneck job and you'll be fine.
>>
>>32694970
>liberals in the military
this is why other countries are laughing at us
>>
File: 1448813386690.gif (802KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1448813386690.gif
802KB, 264x264px
>>32694970
>redneck job
You mean the actual soldiers?
>>
>>32694970
I'm graduating college in about a year and being an officer in the military is something I've looked in to sort of, but I don't know how it would work with me being trans.

And I feel like most recruiters I asked would just give me the runaround or tell me to fuck off.
>>
>>32695032
and you wont be respected by anyone you're supposed to lead. at all. good luck.
>>
>>32695032
>OCS
>trans
Haha give that one another decade.
>>
>>32695050
from reading /meg/, /k/, and other places it seems like 90% of officers aren't respected anyway

>>32695054
why ?
>>
>>32695081
BECAUSE YOU ARE A TRANNY.
>>
>>32695092
it shouldn't matter if i do my job well ;_;

surely people would respect a job done competently
>>
>>32695081
First off
>trans passing OCS
If you can't handle having a dick I don't think you'll handle the buttfuckery of OCS too well.
>OCS is just like basic
No.
>>
>>32694999

My feelings are so hurt by your assertion. I'll just have to assauge them with my much better quality of life and more money.
>>
>>32695126
plenty of other women pass it, why would it be so especially hard for me ?
>>
>>32695153
>other women
>>
>>32695146
>$60k reup bonus

Yeah anon, I don't think I'm going to get booted. See, I have actual skills that don't involve standing around with a mop and hoping Russia invades so I can be relevant.
>>
>>32694093
Short answer: no
Long answe: nope
>>
>>32695196
so im good to go?
>>
>>32695177
>tfw you have a computer science degree but u wanted to shoot shit and have fun before mundane civi life
>>
>>32695393

>MFW my extra time off and money allow me to go to the range more than infantrytard on post.

>MFW I have no face.

While you're standing in the motorpool at 1600, I'm already at the range with my fancy-as-fuck AR.
>>
>>32695701
It's always great when infantry tries to into firearms though. I make a pass at the gun store and pawn shops just off base here on a monthly basis. The amount of shit that flows through there is ungodly.
>gucci'd ARs by the ton
>Berettas
>Glocks
It was great when BF1 came out and all the guys bought milsurp then regretted their choices and pawned it. I love paying ~$100 off msrp for a new gun that's been shot a couple dozen times.
>>
>>32695756
Not all infantry is dumb as rocks, man.
>>
Are gangs in the Navy really a thing? Chris Kyle and Brandon Webb talked about how dindus would gang up on whitey starting from Basic.
>>
>>32695153
>Other women
>>
How mad would I be to join a branch at 32? Have a meeting tomorrow that will determine how thoroughly my life is going to fall apart and I need a plan B and C.
>>
Marines or army? I want to enlist after college.
>>
>>32696164
Peace time? Army
War time? Debbil Dawgs
>>
File: afewgoodmenjack1[1].jpg (17KB, 599x316px) Image search: [Google]
afewgoodmenjack1[1].jpg
17KB, 599x316px
Just a few questions iv always wanted to ask about the military:

The free food, is it all you can eat or what?

Are you allowed to go shooting after work?

Are you allowed to shoot any of the guns on hand?

Do they provide you with free ammo, or do you have to pay for it?

Do artil/navy guys ever fire the big guns just to blow stuff up?

Do people who are unpopular/weak have "accidents" like a few good men?
>>
>>32696483
>Food

Depends where you're at. Generally yeah though, they might limit you to one main entree but there's lots of "grab as much as you want" stuff.

>Shooting

You can go to a paid civilian range after work like anyone else. You can't shoot military weapons on your own time though, bring your own.

>Ammo

Free for official training. Again, you pay for your own if you're shooting on your own time.

>Artillery

Yes, but not as often as they'd like. Firing the big guns is important for training, but expensive so they rarely do it.

>Accidents

No, not really. It has happened, but it's nothing like the movies.
>>
>>32696583
What branch has the best artillery
>>
That feel when yesterday I got a ASVAB of 95 or GT 133 Army that the MEPS made me retake because apparently I'm supposed to be a retard or something, so I had to retake the entire test today 140 miles away at MEPS, got a 93, but the assholes didn't even send the 18X slot to my recruiter today, despite that being the only reason I was there.

Apparently I got a high NUC score for the navy too
>>
>>32694970
>t. air force

>>32696016
On carriers. Also mango mafia aka phillipinos.

>>32696204
Wrong
>>32696164
Army, never marines. If you want to be a badass then go Option 40 and be a ranger, never marines.
>>
>tfw recruiter brought me and some other woman down to meps at 16:10 and they stopped accepting people at 1600
>was just supposed to do Picat confirmation test
>captain came down and nagged for 40 minutes about letting us do it
>nope
>gotta come back tomorrow

4 hours well spent. At least uncle Sam gave me free takeaway

Got 95 on my asvab though. Infantry here I come!
>>
I want to sign up but I have not decided what branch of the military I want to join.

Am I able to take the ASVAB before picking a branch of the military to see what jobs I could qualify for in each branch?
>>
>>32697323
not every branch. just whatever branch you take the asvab for
>>
My brother's at basic. He asked if I wanted anything from the PX.

Do I want anything from the PX?
>>
File: 1484544632041.jpg (155KB, 780x840px) Image search: [Google]
1484544632041.jpg
155KB, 780x840px
25 years old. Graduated with a bullshit degree, have been working in customer service for the past three years and not growing at all financially or socially. Really want to go back to school but don't have the money. Also I want some firearms training but don't want to pay some buck angel dude 800 dollars or whatever for it. Naturally I've been thinking about joining the military again a lot lately.

Only problem is back when I was 22 I had some sciatic nerve issues. At this point it's nothing that a bit of icy hot and an Ibaprophen won't fix, but I haven't run 7+ miles since I was in college.

Should I join? I'd probably join the army. I'm not enough of a meathead for the Marines, I'm not someone who enjoys beating my chest and saying I'm the best at everything, but I do like running, shooting guns and am pretty good at following orders.

Really should have joined before college or right after instead of thinking I could make a career in music while working shitty day jobs on the side, but oh well.

As for what I'm going to do in the military I don't know yet, but I plan on going back to school for computer science since that's where all the fucking jobs are. Maye something related to that. I'm just getting to the point where I'm OK with leaving my friends of family behind and committing myself to 5 years of suck, bullshit, and busywork with a few moments of getting to shoot cool guns and do cool stuff, not like my life is going to be any different here.
>>
File: 1424224586223.jpg (53KB, 498x558px) Image search: [Google]
1424224586223.jpg
53KB, 498x558px
>>32697749
Does that mean I could go to a recruiter for each branch, take the ASVAB for each, then go back to the one I want?

Is there any place I can read about how the recruitment process works step by step?
I thought taking the ASVAB already locked you in to joining.
>>
File: 1469739790324.jpg (77KB, 499x440px) Image search: [Google]
1469739790324.jpg
77KB, 499x440px
Are you able to request additional training if you enlist? Specifically medic training and foreign language training.

Are you able to enlist directly into a position like psychological operations officer or do you need to be selected?

Would any of this be possible/advisable as a reservist?
>>
>>32697852
>I thought taking the ASVAB already locked you in to joining.
No.
You're not locked into joining until you arrive at basic training.
>>
If you ain't infantry, you ain't shit
>>
>>32697918
You can request whatever kind of additional training you want. Request language training, advanced shooting courses, demolition courses, HALO jump training, etc.

Your opinions for what you can request are pretty much limitless.

Ain't nobody going to answer those requests though.
>>
>>32697796
>but I plan on going back to school for computer science since that's where all the fucking jobs are
Fucking don't.
I'm planning on going into the military BECAUSE I got a computer science degree. I have high honors to, don't think im just some "D = passing" student.

Unless you get a masters or higher it's fucking worthless. Everyone else has one, there are also thousands of Indian / Chinese who have them, and are more then happy to work for $1.35 an hour.

Disney just fired most of there computer techs last year and replaced them all with Indians.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/us/lawsuit-claims-disney-colluded-to-replace-us-workers-with-immigrants.html?_r=0
>>
>>32697918
You have to enlist as a medic (68W) to get medical training beyond applying tourniquets and field dressings.
35P and 35M are the MOSes in the Army that will send you to DLI (language school). There's no other way to get that level of language training as an enlisted member. All you have to do is pass some aptitude tests to qualify for them. But if you have any doubts about your language learning ability, PLEASE pick another job.
You might pass the DLAB but still fail miserably in your course.
SF can get shorter language training somewhere else I think.
If you commission as an officer and get selected for the FAO program (you have to be an O-3), you'll get language training at DLI as well.

According to the army website, Psyop officer is entry level now, but realistically you won't be able to commission directly into that, especially through OCS.

You can go 35M or P as a reservist, but you can't be an FAO.
Psyop is possible in the reserves too.
>>
File: 10th_Mountain_Division.png (19KB, 180x245px) Image search: [Google]
10th_Mountain_Division.png
19KB, 180x245px
Can anyone tell me anything about the 10th mountain division?
>>
>>32695153
>other women
>>
>>32697999
Trips of bs
Infrantry = brainwashed idiots to stupid to realize they train you to be bullet sponges. Elevate yourself go to selection become a man
>>
>>32698083
This is very concerning. You never thought about cyber security work or something?
>>
Do you think it's possible I could work out with my guard unit a way to do an international college exchange program for a few months?

Looking at like 5ish months in the UK or Belgium, I've heard of guys going on 2 month backpacking trips but nothing like this. Maybe double drills at the beginning and end, and one trip home in the middle? Naturally if there's an activation or deployment I'd understand, just talking theoretically here.
>>
>>32698208
>You never thought about cyber security work or something?
All the time. I hope do be doing cyber work in the army.

Iv applied to a few places but I got no response, or the generic "thank you but you are not qualified enough" letter.
>>
>>32698218
are you american?
>>
How much extra work outside of drill weekends should one expect to have as a junior commissioned offficer in the guard/reserves?
What about as a warrant officer?

I'm thinking about doing reserves after I ETS, looking into my options.
>>
>>32698314
Yes
>>
>>32698319
I'm intel btw.
>>
>>32698083
>tfw in 2nd year of CS meme
>will be switch to geology next semester because i hate cs

wew
>>
>>32698189

>brainwashed idiots to stupid
>to stupid
>to

Delicious irony.
>>
>>32698115
Thanks mate
>>
File: 1425677324177.png (406KB, 1170x666px) Image search: [Google]
1425677324177.png
406KB, 1170x666px
Could someone explain the difference between an officer and enlisted?

Can an enlisted become an officer or are you just stuck?
>>
>>32698368
Lel imply his grammatical errors make him wrong
>>
>>32698427
Enlisted can become officers, but the easiest way to become an officer is straight out of college through ROTC.

Basically they're totally different career paths.
Officers are trained from day one to be leaders, administrators and decision makers.
Enlisted are trained to do a particular job and then they move into supervisory and advisory roles as they progress in their careers.
Officers are paid more and are treated almost infinitely better.
>>
>>32698427

>Enlisted

Your everyman who has a specific job to do

>Officer

Oversees the everyman and will outrank them no matter what. Is almost always a dumb college kid or total douchebag. Exceptions may vary. Is expected to command and have leadership abilities.

Enlisted can become officers if they want too.
>>
>>32698325
it would be between you and your command but it's pretty rare to miss drill for so long
>>
File: 1484699923564.jpg (52KB, 536x643px) Image search: [Google]
1484699923564.jpg
52KB, 536x643px
>>32698304
Man this sucks. Im a navy vet about to start school this fall and wanted to do CS. Can I ask what school you went to im just curious.

>>32698523
You are giving officers way way way to much credit, guessing you read that shit on wikipedia.

>>32698427
Officers bitch and complain and work on powerpoints for other officers. Ive never been "led" by an officer a single time. Senior enlisted run the entire military and anyone who says otherwise has never actually been in the military.
With that being said officer is a good gig cause you are treated so much better and the pay is great by comparison.
>>
>>32695200
Bumpin question again bc answer i got left some questions
>>
>>32698128
A normal light infantry unit thats in Ft Drum, so training in the cold. Has a shared basic mountaineering course with the Vermont NG. Nothing else unique.
>>
>>32698577
>Can I ask what school you went to im just curious.
I don't wana say because 4chan. But it was your generic local community college. I had some army vets in a few of my classes.

If you think you would enjoy doing CS, go for it.
I don't know the job market in you'r area, it could just be different where I am.

Just don't let them feed you that crap about how there are SO many jobs, and how you are going to be making 80K starting and how everything will be roses and dandelions just as soon as you get that degree.

A CS degree CAN get you work at Geek Squad, or your local computer / phone repair shop. But so could a 2 year vocational class.
>>
>>32695701
Whole lotta insecurities there.

If you just wanted to shoot, why'd you join. Shooting at baddies, around your friends in unison as they shoot while wearing gear is a whole different experience than just dropping rounds at your local range.

Plus its probably just your posts unit. I've shot thousands upon thousands of rounds in my time in, even excluding machine guns.
>>
>>32698577
>Senior enlisted run the entire military
AMEDD here, clearly you've never encountered the more professional side, same thing for JAG and Chaplain Corps.
>>
>>32698523
>>32698548
>>32698577

What is officer training like?
>>
File: 1484762782554.jpg (43KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1484762782554.jpg
43KB, 330x319px
>>32698690
>I don't wana say because 4chan
Do you honestly think im gonna come find you?
IM going to PITT in pittsburgh PA.

>>32698733
>AMEDD
>same thing for JAG and Chaplain Corps
BLAHAHA
I meant the actual military
Clearly youve never encountered the real side where you go on deployments and do lots of work.
>>
>>32698735
From what I've heard its a lot like basic except with a shit ton of leadership exercises
>>
>>32698772
>actual military
Battalion PA with two rotations in Afg and a short stint in Iraq, but you can keep up the delusion.
>>
>>32698799
>but you can keep up the delusion.
Its not a delusion that you werent outside the wire getting shot at fag I know that for sure.
So you can keep up your delusion that youre playing soldier.
>>
>>32695120
Oh but it does you fucking freak.
>>
>>32698878
>says he was in the navy
>says unless you go outside the wire you aren't real military
Nigga what? Also don't say you were a corpsman, otherwise you would have seen officer leadership.
>>
>>32698878
Textbook projection there pal, not once did I say I had it as bad as the grunts or saw anything worse than some wayward mortars.

I don't really even need to defend the honor and value of having officers or whatever cheap point you were making with that earlier blanket statement. If you were ever in the position of the misfortunate joes that got carried into my BAS, or rotated out of theater, you wouldn't be so disrespectful.
>>
Redpill me on the Marines. Should I join or not join?
>>
>>32698962
quitting asking to be redpilled

Its a personal choice that only you can decide for yourself
>>
>>32699025
Your opinion on the branch is what I'm asking for, not to make the decision for me.
>>
File: 1483907341000.png (491KB, 1233x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1483907341000.png
491KB, 1233x1067px
>>32698942
In his specific case you moron.

>>32698945
I never once said your job wasnt important. What pisses me off is when officers and officer wanna bes like the guy above pretend that officers dont have an insanely good/easy deal compared to enlisted. And i fucking hate even more when they suck officers dicks as if they are actual leaders. You people watch to many movies. Most officers ive encountered were complete cold fish dickheads. Anything of value ive ever learned was from a senior enlisted. This idea that every officer is Russel Crow in Master and Commander is fucking retarded and needs to stop.
>>
>>32699041
>>32698962
Dont. Anything you want from the marines you can get better in another branch.
And if youre going to say you want the pride/toughness then just go Army Ranger.
Option 40.
>>
>>32699041
Marines, the way I see them are a branch that dedicates itself by promoting self reliance, but if you want to be career military and move up in rank quickly I suggest you join the Army.

TLDR the Marines aren't as bad as /k/ makes them out to be
>>
File: 1449772122024.png (75KB, 161x253px) Image search: [Google]
1449772122024.png
75KB, 161x253px
>>32699067
shit man, how many times did your OCS package get denied?
>>
>>32699140
>this is where the wild retard has no counter so he tries to deflect
Did 4 years and got out. As said above going to be using the Gi Bill. Loved my time in and dont regret a single thing. Im assuming youre >>32698942
so the irony is youve never served and on the off chance you manage to loose the weight and join youll probably agree with me.
God Speed Fat boy
>>
>>32699171
Must've sucked wearing that faggy blue around the marines.
>>
>>32698115
DONT
FUCKING
GO
TO
DL FUCKING I

KILL THIS FUCKING MEME KIDS KILL THEMSELVES HERE, ESPECIALLY THE NAVY KIDS.
>>
Alright boys, looking at doing the part time thing while I finish up college, most likely looking at a six year contract and then attempting to go active SOF or commission and do whatever or maybe stay reserve or just be done and get out. That's not terribly important, just looking at getting in first. I'm 24 and in shape.

Narrowed it down to 68W medic in a National Guard infantry unit close to me, or a Marine Recon reserve unit about 2 hours away. My state also has SF and I would most likely go to a tryout down the line when I get close to graduating, only thing holding me back right now is the length of the Q course. Talked to the recon guys and I just have to do boot and BRC, plus whatever prep stuff is in between, then make it to dive, airborne, and whatever else when I had a break in school after I got home. My school does 9-week terms so that lines up pretty well. All in all the initial training would be roughly the same length.

wat do
>>
>>32697772
Ask him to buy you the future he gave up when he joined the army.
>>
>>32699449
Was on cruiser so no marines buddy.
Also
Its not that faggy, especially compared to the pale green ones seabees wore. That look slike puke.
>>
>>32696016
Only retard rates have retarded people. If you want a good life be a CT, IS, IT, etc.
>>
>>32699498
This guy checks out he's legit.

Also current SN at DLI here to answer any questions you guys have about hell.
>>
>>32699512
I'm literally training to be a navy spy so fellate me at your leisure.
>>
>>32699171
I wish you the best as well. However, wild assumption get you nowhere friendo.
>>
File: IMG_0004.jpg (19KB, 236x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
19KB, 236x260px
>>32699538
(p-please)
>>
>>32697772
Fuck the PX. Its honestly just a grocery store where you don't pay tax. Ask him for something cool from one of the military surplus stores off base when he gets to his unit.

Also they fucking let you go the PX in basic now?
>>
>>32699561
>army
They let you dye your hair in the army.
>>
>>32699561
>us "walk a mile in her shoes" army
>>
>>32699489
Medic in Natty guard unit. I was a 68W you get a nice National Certification for EMT Basic. Plus you spend a few months in San Antonio, Texas. Once you get weekends its fun to go down to the riverwalk and hit the bars.

While regular army looks down on the guard I think Marines look down on their reservists as complete jokes.
>>
>>32699571
Bullshit. Please tell me you are bull shiting me.
>>
>>32699539
Mate all im saying is if you serve youll see what i mean.
>>
>>32699599
Thanks for the insight, the cert is nice, I do have my EMR and volunteer FF so it should be an easy time academically. The only thing is I don't really see myself going past that level of training, when most of the guard guys are full time paramedics or in nursing school and what not. Mind if I ask what you do full time?

>complete jokes
Even recon? Any Marines here to chime in? It's partly the reason I don't want to go 11B either.
>>
>>32699635
Thanks for the heads up, but from my experience as a SWO I have to disagree by nature of my position...
>>
>>32699646
I did not follow through to become a Paramedic after getting out got a degree in Neuroscience and currently going to grad school. My best friend did though he has made a decent career out of it.
>>
>>32699675
Yeah, if I lived near a big city I'd give it more thought, maybe try to get on full time as a firefighter, but I'm going for accounting, so there's that.
>>
File: 1484271918460.png (46KB, 572x685px) Image search: [Google]
1484271918460.png
46KB, 572x685px
>>32699655
>but from my experience as a SWO
>SWO
BLAHAHAHAHA
Omg never mind dude. I actually was gonna be civil but never fucking mind. Youre the most useless officers in the whole military. My entire shitty opinion about officers was developed from SWOs. Are you still in or are you out now? What were you for your DIVO tours?
>>
>>32699472
Please explain.
>>
>>32699538

>anon posts about being a navy spy on an imageboard

>literally breaks OPSEC on a faggot level unprecedented

this is either baiting or you are the worst secret squid in the squidbilly battle-boat fleet

die by jellyfish squid
>>
Trumps victory gives me inspiration to join the armed forces now. All I can say is thank god, or I would have never had a life with military experience. Can you imagine serving under Hillary?
>>
Tell me about basic
I'm about to go
>>
>>32699927
You'd be in the Ukraine
Now you're gonna be in fucking Pakistan or some shit

Honestly, fuck the heat and god damned haji spiders
>>
>>32698128

maintenance fag here, i did some ntc/jrtc w/ these dudes

they keep it real but they are not the brightest cactuses in the closet, some of them fit stereotyped infantry tropes and memes so badly it isnt even funny. they are definitely bros though, senior ncos will hook it up and turn a blind eye to you trying to fuck girls in the porta-shitters. 10/10 for giving zero fucks about being 'politically correct'
>>
So let me ask.
Can officers still get involved and do work or are they 100% management?

How do you become an officer if you don't have a 4 year degree?
>>
>>32699930

play the game

>>32699939

i imagine do a side-by-side joint op with ukraine would be awkward as fuck, cause i just picture a short black dude in OCP being stared down by a tall aryan Ukie amped up on krokodil carrying an RPK and a swastika necklace hanging around his neck

then i imagine all the pregnant ukrainian women and the aryan heritage being destroyed as we claim all of ukraines women to take back to our land of freedom
>>
>>32695153
>other women
>>
>>32699995
>Ukraine
>tall
Nah, nigga

They're shorter than average because they don't eat much as kids and then they start smokin at like 9

Besides, impregnating foreign women is military tradition
Whores all over the world have American babies
>>
Do you guys talk about training routines here? I managed to reach 70 sit ups with GTG. Any good alternative? Those 200situps stuff sucks.
>>
Does lrrp recon get to do fun shit or is that an infantry privilege?
Talking about wartime of course
>>
>>32694093
No.
>>
>>32694780
>why is everyone so hostile towards trans people ?
I'm not hostile at all, but the people I've known who were trans had some mental and emotional issues.
>>
>>32696016
>Are gangs in the military really a thing?

Yes.

>>32696661
>made me retake because apparently I'm supposed to be a retard

When I first took the ASVAB it probably took me about 20-30 minutes total for the entire test. The Muhhhreeeeeen recruiter thought I was Christmas Treeing it and talked shit to me.

The next week when I got an AFQT of 97 and a GT of 135 he was riding my dick about enlisting and I told him to fuck off.

>>32697796
>Graduated with a bullshit degree
What degree?

>Also I want some firearms training but don't want to pay some buck angel dude 800 dollars or whatever for it.

Unless you're a fuggin operator the level of training is generally shit. You'll learn some BRM and get a little time doing reflexive fire, MOUT, and maybe get to use simunitions once or twice your entire enlistment.

You can get better training in the civilian world generally.
>>
>>32699914

He's lying.
>>
>>32697999
This. FUCK POGs
>>
File: c86[1].jpg (34KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
c86[1].jpg
34KB, 600x342px
>>32700718
>>32696016
>Are gangs in the military really a thing?
Maybe i'm not understanding you.

See, when I see the word gangs, to me that means groups of retards dealing drugs, stealing/breaking shit and killing people.

Why / How does this exist in the fucking military?
I thought the military was the gold standard for strictness and regulations. And you are telling me enlisted graffiti ships and steal military tech?
>>
Aircraft maintenance is a super dope job you guys should all enlist for, it's totally kickback and easy. 10/10 woupd recommend
>>
>>32700929
I just find it REALLY hard to believe that you complete basic, get assigned somewhere and the first thing you see is pic.
>>
>>32699739

SWO's who make O-5 and above are very competent in my most cases IMO.
>>
>>32699067
>master & commander
>shown on the bigscreen in the wardroom literally every fucking night
Can't make that shit up
>>
Any navy fags in Virginia know how long the RAS electrician "C" school is?
>>
File: tranny-military-6.jpg (109KB, 634x871px) Image search: [Google]
tranny-military-6.jpg
109KB, 634x871px
>>32700946

pic related
>>
>>32700718
Poli Sci degree.
>You can get better training in the civilian world generally.
Where? How?

>>32698083
I don't expect to get a great job right out the gate, but it will open a lot of doors for me. A small town business doesn't have the resources to hire chinks let alone tolerate them.

This is kind of what I had in mind.

http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/computers-and-technology/information-technology-specialist.html
>>
>>32700663
To elaborate, are lrrp's only tasked with infiltration, surveillance and support or do they also possess offensive capabilities?
Does the bridge between lrs/rsat and combat solely consist of sniper and sof units?
>>
>>32699942
Officers are still involved in operations.
>how do you become an officer if you dont have a 4 year degree
you dont
>>
>>32700929
>join the army
>be surprised when it's all niggers
Join the navy
>>
>>32699914
Motherfucker my clearance isn't even finished yet I know literally nothing. The only OPSEC I know is that we get cordon bleu on tuesdays
>>
>>32699770
>go to DLI as Army
>wake up at 0400 everyday because bravo company is fucking retarded
>pt every morning
>long ass meetings in the afternoon because fuck homework and studying
>get home around 01900 and have 3 hours of how/studying to do
>wake up at 0400 the next day

Seriously bravo company is shit.

Navy has it the worst though cuz if they fail out they most likely become a deck seaman.
>>
>>32693897
So realistically, how many people posting here are actually joining the military/ are in the military right now? 10% fair to say?
>>
>>32701793
just ETSed after 8 years active duty. I've posted here for that entire time.
>>
>>32694093
Sex crimes are an automatic disqualifier.

Even with a fucking DUI or drug charges you can get a top secret clearance, but sex crimes show major instability, whereas the other two can just be a one time screw up.
>>
File: Capture.png (70KB, 725x571px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
70KB, 725x571px
redpill me on the Marine Corp Platoon Leader Class
>>
>>32701793
I'm heading down to meps in like 3 hours .
>>
>>32694614
Why want military? You won't handle stress well because your life is your sexual identity as a faux bitch. It's fine to be faux bitch but that doesn't make you suited to war.
>>
>>32695999
>Not all infantry is dumb as rocks, man.

Trips checked, and why are you insulting rocks?

I spent many hours washing and bleaching rocks. Rocks are beauty, rocks are love, especially my United States Air Force rocks which tower over pleb cannon fodder rocks.
>>
>>32695999
I want to go infantry but man I don't want to be stuck with crayon eating fucks for several years.
Not saying I'm a genius myself but I'm not completely retarded at least. What should I do?
>>
>>32701833
damn. it was just some nudes.
>>
>>32701793
I'm going to Navy boot in like 17 days
>>
>>32700929
Today ain't shit next to the Kitty Hawk riots and all the riots you DON'T hear about. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Kitty_Hawk_riot

Dindus even assaulted whitey in the Air Force during the 'Nam era. I met one (much older than I) fellow Shaw AFB vet who bashed a nig in self defense, was brought up on charges, and was then saved by Strom Thurmond.

Today things are drasticaly different. Join the Air Force. All other services are horrible with intermittent bouts of misery. If you manage to fuck up the Air Force, neck yourself. (Avoid SF, Transportation and Admin.)

>Aircraft maintenance is a super dope job you guys should all enlist for, it's totally kickback and easy. 10/10 would recommend

Nothing in maintenance is fucking hard and a lot of it is interesting if you are technically inclined. If not, crosstrain. Take a Premsyn for those cramps.
>>
>>32703011
Try to get airborne or option 40, then you'll avoid the bottom of the barrel. At my recruitment station one guy signed up for infantry and he got a 92 on his asvab, i got a 95 and i also want to go infantry. So not everyone join infantry because they're out of options.
>>
File: 1483953208918.jpg (153KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483953208918.jpg
153KB, 1080x1080px
>>32701077
This nigger gets it

>>32701069
And in my case my O-6 full bird captain spent our entire 7 month deployement pretending to be sick chilling in the commanders cabin and he was fucking the Cheng the entire time and having her bring him his food. Btw they were both married. So please go on about how high ranking officers are straight arrows.
You realize SWOs are the garbage men of the military. Its the catch all, when you fuck up and fail out of SEAL or Pilot or Intel they make you a SWO.
>>
>>32701191
>http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/computers-and-technology/information-technology-specialist.html

Jesus Kroist! Join Air Force instead for better life and career, then slide into a comfy civilian slot for second career as many of my Airbros have done. I didn't because I don't need to work and I'm debt free, but opportunities abound. I've never felt a Recession since 1981 and that was only for a few months prior to enlistment.
>>
Recommemded study material,for the ASVAB? Particularly the mathematics, science and mechanical sections. Mainly need to brush up on my highschool courses - the mechanical knowledge is mainly going to be brand new to me though, having almost no practical experience

I know the general has a "study guide" link but it's vague crap and not a real resource.
>>
>>32701789
Topkek I'm in charlie. It's chill as fuck, hardly any meetings after class and we basically do whatever we want after the duty day.
Yeah we have PT early as well, but at least we get done before 6 while you guys are still doing FROG JUMP FORWARD AND BACKWARD.
By the way I don't even have to study to get A's in Arabic.
I aced my last unit test in all categories after doing nothing but watching monogatari for the last 2 weeks.
If you're actually talented at foreign languages there's no good reason not to come here.
>>
>>32703355
I personally used the Kaplan ASVAB strategies, practice and review 2017-2018. Picked it up for like 12 bux at Barnes and Noble. It has a lot of different methods and sample tests. I looked at some other ones but that one looked the best, and i scored a 95, i think some of the math tips there were helpful.

It also explains a bit how the test works, for example your AFQT score which is basically all that matters is based on what you score in Word Knowledge, Arithmetic Reasoning, Mathematic Knowledge and Paragraph comprehension.

The mechanics only matters for your line score if you want to apply something specific to it. So don't sweat it. Focus on the important bits.
>>
I've decided I'm about 75% sure I want to join the military (US), but I haven't decided if I want to go active duty or reserves. I *want to want* to go active duty, but it will be so different from anything I've ever experienced (never lived away from home etc), that I'm afraid to commit 4 years to something like that.

At what point does it have to be determined if you're going active or reserve? Can I decide after boot camp? It's my understanding that boot camp is the worst experience in the military (aside from deployment in combat zone of course). I'm thinking if I feel good about boot camp, I'd probably want to go active, but if I fucking hate boot camp, I'd obviously prefer to just go reserve.

Does this idea of 'testing the waters' with boot camp before deciding active or reserve have any basis in reality or would I have to have all my ducks in a row prior to boot camp? I'm leaning toward Navy, if that's relevant. Thanks.
>>
>>32696016
>Chris Kyle
a well known habitual liar
>>
>>32703614
you have to have everything in stone before you ship to basic, you can not "test the waters"
>>
>>32703659
Ok, thank you.
>>
>>32703614
Stop being a pussy and go active. 1000s have done it before you and 1000s will after. They survived and so will you. Navy vet here again so i can give job/rate advice if you want it.
>>
>>32703439
Thanks, I'll check it out. Word Knowledge and Paragraph Comprehension are easily my strong suits and I doubt the logic section (connections or whatever, square peg round hole Idiocracy shit) will be very difficult, but I'd like to not shit the bed on long-forgotten science and math formulas
>>
>>32703087
Why did you choose to go infantry instead of a more selective MOS?
>>
>>32703690
All you need is basic algebra and do fractions. But it definitely helps to practice. I had to freshen up on divisions on pen and paper. Don't want to waste too much time on something like that on the test.
>>
>>32703017
Did you go to a police station?
Did you go to a court and speak to a judge?
If no. Then it never happened.
>>
>>32703845
ay ok. thanks for clearing that up. did not go to station, nor court. thanks anon
>>
>>32703875
Of course anon, I've learned that every single person lies while enlisting. Just depends on how much.
Just remember if there isn't a direct paper trail, it doesn't exist.
>>
I'm about to go to the MEPS physical.
Any last tips or advice?
>>
>>32703914
dont curve your spine on the way there :P

jokes aside, I would also limber up and stretch before going in. don't want to go in cold and look like you're having trouble doing the movements they ask
>>
>>32703067
>Drafted civilians who were forced to enlist rioting
>The same as gang retards murdering / stealing / setting shit on fire
I really think we have a different definition for the word gangs.
I hope so at least.

>Today things are drasticaly different. All other services are horrible with intermittent bouts of misery.
Would you explain please?

>>32701757
>be surprised when it's all niggers
It's not niggers I have a problem with, it's niggers acting like niggers. I had a black army vet as a teacher once, really cool guy. I thought that shit would be weeded out in boot camp.
I thought the officers actually ran the show, and would not allow that kind of shit to go on.

I was expecting pic related, not >>32700964
>>
>>32703659
>>32703680
Not him but what is it about boot camp that makes it so hard? I know a friend of a friend who blew his brains out in it. What about it makes people want to kill themselves?
>>
>>32704005
its not, women pass it. some people lack intestinal fortitude and discipline
>>
>>32703747
What about the science section? The union test prep site talks about a bunch of resistance equations, calculating work done, etc. But that seems a little overblown and I'm half expecting it to actually be just a retard filter to see if you know what basic scientific terms mean.
I could be wrong though I guess
>>
>>32704005
>Not him but what is it about boot camp that makes it so hard?
Literally nothing. Boot is a breeze and a joke especially now. Anyone whose ever said its tough is a complete faggot.
>>
>>32703944
That's a good tip. I'll make sure I stretch now, tonight, and in the morning before the physical.
>>
>>32704083
This. Basic is nothing like what it was 30 years ago, you have to be really goddamn unstable or entitled to be unable to stomach it.
>>
>>32704100
It's actually a retard filter.
Don't over think it. If you passed high school science you're gucci.
The mechanical section does have some basic physics problems. Like pullies, levers, and gears.
>>
File: 1469017060891.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1469017060891.gif
2MB, 400x267px
So I'm torn between making the reasonable choice and doing MI or saying "fuck it" and asking for 11B.
I told my recruiter I wanted intel so I'm worried he'll tell me to fuck off if I suddenly express my interest for infantry.
Everyone's telling me to do MI or even 19D to "compromise" but although I know peacetime infantry is shit, it still sounds like something I'd enjoy.
>>
Hey /meg/ what's the most retarded thing to have happened to you in boot or anywhere else?
>>
>>32704523
Drill Sergeants found a cell phone someone had squirrelled away, They told everyone to admit guilt because they would "backtrace the calls and find out who used it"
>>
File: 1483436535224.jpg (103KB, 957x717px) Image search: [Google]
1483436535224.jpg
103KB, 957x717px
>>32704523
Do you mean funny or legit stupid?
Ill dumb something stupid
>Me in navy boot 2010
>one morning go to breakfast and see like 10 people lined up outside the main office all crying
>DIs tell us the story about what happened the next day
>Turns out patrols caught 2 people fucking eachother in the laundry room
>People who were fucking instructed their friends on watch they were gonna sneak across compartments and fuck at night
>However
>they were in the laundry room fucking for so long that the watch turned over and the new watch didnt know about it
>so
>roving DIs come around for compartment inspection
>see empty racks and wonder where the fuck those people are
>walk into laundry room and see fucking ensuing
>People they caught ratted on the watch and got them fucked over as well
>All got kicked out
Its really not that hard to wait to fuck for 2 months.
>>
>>32702574
bumping for
>>
What's the worst thing that can happen with an open MOS in the marines? Doing HZ contract most likely
>>
>>32704779
All we do is tell you idiots to not go marines and you morons keep doing it.
>>
>>32704386
>wants to go intelligence
>thinks that the USM is currently in a peacetime state
HURRRRRR
DURRRRRR
>>
>>32704386
Do MI.
>>
>>32704904
Why?
>>
File: 1471974497375.jpg (631KB, 3240x2102px) Image search: [Google]
1471974497375.jpg
631KB, 3240x2102px
>>32705076
not him, but i believe it offers alot of civilian assets if you consider the clearance you would need, that is certainly marketable, aswell as the skills you would learn on the job, plus the highly esteemed references you would gain from your superiors , and depending on the job you COULD with hard work and dedication work for a government ABC agency, but of course it all depends on the effort YOU put into your work.
>>
>>32701142
So does this mean it's possible to go through OCS as trans?
>>
File: 1475535272764.jpg (27KB, 493x365px) Image search: [Google]
1475535272764.jpg
27KB, 493x365px
>>32705328
>>
>>32705355
i just want to join the military and this thread is unhelpful as fuck
>>
>>32705367
why dont you just call a recruiter? theyd be happy to help you man
>>
>>32705328
I believe you CAN with the decision they made last year but I doubt they make it easy for trans "people" to join
>>
>>32705367
this thread is just a taste of how you'll be treated if you try to join while spouting about how you are trans.
just dont join dude, we don't need mentally unstable in the military
>>
>>32705367
This thread is a gold mine. You are asking the wrong questions.
>>
>>32705438

You kidding? In a liberal area it's easy positive publicity for the recruiter's office.

The first couple women to sign up for infantry were all over the news, and you better believe the recruiters were right there next to them with giant smiles on their faces.
>>
>>32706126
There's a difference between women joining and trans joining. Most people think of trans people as having mental issues and I doubt meps or anyone besides recruiters makes it easy for trans to join up and get what they want.
>>
>>32706126
i don't want to do combat arms or something done I just want to do some technical shit or something loosely related to my degree
>>
>>32706279
Do you honestly think the people who's lives depend on there gear working want a mentally unstable person fixing shit?
>>
>>32706330
When it comesto 2nd & 3rd line repair, I wasn't aware there was any other kind...
>>
>>32704655
That is pretty funny, got any more of funny or legit stupis?

Sidenote, how is MEPS? And what is the key to having a good story?
>>
>>32706231

>Most people

Sorry anon, most people are now trans-positive, which is why the military is changing. Disagree with it if you want, but you're fast becoming the backwards minority.
>>
>>32706330

Can confirm that I rely on equipment maintained by crazy people daily. Would not have it any other way.

Maintainers wouldn't be maintainers if they weren't speshul.
>>
>>32706605
>most people are now trans-positive
Most people don't have a practical opinion and it's the vocal minority pushing the cultural trend
>>
>>32706605
>most people
You got some hard numbers to back that up?
Not just what you pulled out of the hole where your dick used to be?
>>
>>32702574
BUMPING for info on the Marine Corp Platoon Leader Class
>>
>>32706684
>redpill
Why don't you make like a tree and fuck off? Try not to suck too much dick on your way back to where ever you came from.
>>
>>32702574
>>32706684
It's OCS do you want to commission as an officer in the Marines or not?
>>
>>32706708
it would be cool, but what do marine officers do with technical degrees?

also im a proper fatass drunk, maybe i could get in shape by summer

@32706702
(((((((You)))))
>>
>>32706789
Just hope your skull isn't as thick as your gut.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=USMC+OCS
>>
>>32699561
They march your ass to the shopette every couple weeks.
>>
>>32706813
i think this might be different from OCS. it is advertised as Platoon Leadership training and can be 6-10 weeks? seems like OCS lite if anything
>>
>>32699942
You do ROTC and get one.
>>
>>32706789
you want to max the PFA for the Marines in order to be competitive for OCS.
>>32706848
If you're a senior you're doing the 10 week OCS. the split up PLC course is for juniors and sophomores.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 236x220px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 236x220px
Anyone in an intelligence career?
I'm waiting my recruiter to book me a job as a Network Intelligence Analyst in the AF, but it's very hard to find information on what I'd do.
>>
>>32706848
>can't look things up on his own
>wants to be an officer
Sorry, 1171 WST is the best I can do.
http://www.marines.com/becoming-a-marine/commissioning-programs/four-year-colleges/platoon-leaders-class
>>
>>32706887
That's because it's classified.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>32706906
FUCK YOU CUNT STOP WITH THIS FUCKING MEME, I JUST WANT SOME INFO
>>
>>32706946

>Classified information is a meme

You're going to have fun at intel school, anon.
>>
>>32706963
Am I going to be at a computer all day looking at data?
Will I pilot drones?
Am I going to work directly with troops from different branches?
All of the above?
>>
>>32706946
The fuck do you think classified means?
If you can't tell what you will be doing through conjecture then the job is not for you.
>>
File: 1483809059860.jpg (180KB, 640x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1483809059860.jpg
180KB, 640x1440px
>>32706515
>got any more of funny or legit stupis?
Thousands man

>how is MEPS?
I dont get this, why do you guys make MEPS seem like an ordeal? I went once or twice like 6 years ago man its no big deal.

>And what is the key to having a good story?
???

Funny story
>Me in Manilla Phillipines
>around Christmas time if i remember correctly
>Start drinking at hotel
>All you can drink long islands for like 10 dollars
>Head to the city
>Continue to drink and walk around
>Buddy gets way to drunk and passes out
>Get another hotel room and drop him off
>Keep walking around
>Guys trying to sell us knives and tasers on the streets
>Go into bars
>Women trying to sell us their bodies
>Walk into special bar
>boxing ring in the center
>Oh whats this.jpg
>2 midgets walk out, hop in the ring and start beating each other up
>Everyone in the bar enjoying the fight
>afterwords they let people fight the midgets but you have to be on your knees and use only 1 arm
>Head over to russian bar
>snag some russian hotties and fuck back at hotel
Typical night on deployement
>>
>>32706515
Meps is just annoying more than anything. You sit around doing fuck all for a while then you gotta rush to do whatever they're telling you to do. Half the people there hate their job so you get dickheads not giving clear instructions or filling out your shit incorrectly. The guy who was supposed to be giving me the color vision test flipped through the book before I cold even look at the images and then didn't mark it off so I had to do it again an hour later when they saw it wasn't complete.

As for story I don't know what you mean
>>
UK or anyone

Royal Marines or Paras?
>>
>>32707235
>As for story I don't know what you mean
He was replying to me

>The guy who was supposed to be giving me the color vision test flipped through the book before I cold even look at the images and then didn't mark it off so I had to do it again an hour later
Holy fucking shit do I know you?
Went through MEPS with a seal guy in pittsburgh and this super fat ass dumb nigger did the same thing to him.
>>
>>32707426
No mine was at meps in LA, though coincidentally the guy giving me the test was a fat black dude who obviously didn't want to be there.
>>
Gonna join either the parachute corps or borderguard (maybe divers if I think can pass the test).
Which one?

Finnish military btw
>>
>>32699489
It's more than bootcamp and BRC.
Bootcamp - 3 months
First half of ITB - 1 month
BRPC - 5 weeks
BRC - 3 months

ITB dates dont always line up with BRPC pick up dates and so on. Injuries/getting dropped from any of the training can also add months to the total time. Take that into consideration when you are planning this
>>
>>32706979
>Am I going to be at a computer all day looking at data?

That depends on your specific MOS/AFSC. Regardless all intel people, analysts and collectors, use computers a lot because both have products to work on. In the case of collectors it's IIRs and contact reports and in the case of analysts it's finished (SIGINT and GEOINT/IMINT guys usually create products that customers aren't going to see alone but will be combined into a finished product) products.

>Will I pilot drones?

No. UAS driver is a specific MOS.

>Am I going to work directly with troops from different branches?

It depends. I worked with Navy enlisted and officers and Air Force officers.

Muhreeeeeenz seem to do their own thing and don't send guys to joint theater shops.

Those other anons are correct though, you're not going to find a lot of factual information online because:

1. Usually people don't talk tradecraft openly online
2. Anyone who hasn't worked in the IC, which is most people including your recruiter most likely, doesn't actually know
>>
>>32700929
>See, when I see the word gangs, to me that means groups of retards dealing drugs, stealing/breaking shit and killing people.

Yep.

>I thought the military was the gold standard for strictness and regulations.

The military is literally just a microcosm of society. There's a variety of backgrounds.

Some of those people are criminals who then get out and train their gang.

>>32701191
>Poli Sci degree.

From where? What concentration?

I guarantee your lack of employment has more to do with you being lazy about networking or internships than your degree being worthless.

>>32701789
>long ass meetings in the afternoon because fuck homework and studying

About what?

>>32703614

If it's a question go active first. As a reservist yes, you only have to be there for drills and AT to have a "good year", but it's like experiencing the shitty parts of active duty but all compressed into one weekend a month.

With the GWOT winding down reserve and natty guard don't have the same opportunity to deploy. A couple years ago the reserve chief was talking about the Army as a whole moving towards a reserve and guard centric force with shorter (3 to 6) month deployments OCONUS but that shit never materialized.

>>32703654
Lol you mean he didn't really sit on top of the super dome sniping dindus who were looting?!

>>32703978

No, there are criminal gangs in the military. There are criminal gangsters in the military. I was in a unit being investigated by CID because it was alleged the motor pool was home to a biker gang dealing meth.
>>
File: artillery.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
artillery.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
>>32693897
What is the life of an Army Artillery Officer like?
>>
18 year old still in high school here

I've been considering enlisting in the military after I graduate, but I'm still unsure about what branch to join and what MOS I'd like to have.
I don't have any real skills and math is easily my worst subject.
My reasons for wanting to enlist are:
>The benefits such as healthcare, housing, college, etc
>It will give me time to think about what I really want to do with my life
>I want to feel proud, become a better, stronger person, (mentally and physically) and serve my country
What branch do you guys think I should go into? I'd like to avoid a desk job if I can.
(Feel free to also suggest an MOS)
>>
I was disenrolled from ROTC my senior year of college for misconduct (no criminal charges or anything like that). Would this prevent me from being able to enlist in either Army or USMC? My preferred MOS would be something in combat arms
>>
>>32709577
Probably not.
>>
>>32709548
Have you taken the HS version of the AFQT? You have a moto-boner which is cool and all, but nobody can make suggestions without knowing anything about you. PT scores? College credit? Criminal record?
>>
>>32699942
>>32701592

You can become an officer by warrant.
>>
>>32704655
DIs? You mean RDCs?
>>
>>32709548
Look up the gi bill for education benefits. You can still do OK on your asvab if you suck at maths.

You don't want a desk job? OK that rules out a lot. Keep narrowing it down. Do the tests and see what you qualify for. Just fucking do it. Don't make excuses and regret it later.
>>
File: 1483391556773.jpg (22KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1483391556773.jpg
22KB, 500x499px
>>32710300
>AFQT
No
>PT scores
I haven't taken it yet, but I am in shape.
>college credit
Nope
>Criminal record
And no

I haven't spoken to a recruiter or anything yet. I want to figure out what branch I should join and then go down from there. Army, Navy, or even Muhreens (though I doubt I'll go in just cause it'd make my parents worry too much)

>>32710839
Thanks!
>>
Is it possible to be enlisted in the reserves of one branch and go through ROTC in another? Maybe if the reserve contract coincides with graduation? I see the active duty programs, and stuff like the Guard SMP. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this.
>>
>>32695153
>Other women
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 279x180px
>>32709548

Check out Air Force boom operator (1A0X1). One of the most underrated enlisted jobs in the military IMO. My dad flew KC-10s for 15 years and when I told him I wanted to enlist he tried real hard to persuade me to go this route. But that was back in 2008 and I just wanted to kill muslims so I went USMC infantry but I've always been interested in this MOS.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/confessions-of-a-usaf-kc-135-flying-gas-station-boom-op-1578048155

https://youtu.be/xSMFx-OZKzM
>>
>>32707458
Thanks man.
>>
What would be the minimum time it would take for someone to get physically fit enough for basic? I'm starting out close to hungry skelton mode and am looking into hiring a personal trainer.
>>
Redpill me on military police, I'd like to tote a shootybang and travel around a bit without running into Jihadis every other weekend but
>>
>>32713607
A month to 2 weeks, seriously, as long as you're not fat. Just run, stretch, and focus on push-ups and sit-ups.

You'll still be better off than half the fat bodies that show up, but if you want to excel, give it 3-6 months.
>>
>>32713791
Oh damn, really? I was intending to enlist in about 9 months when I turn 21, just seemed like a good landmark
>>
>>32713805
You can be a rockstar by then if you keep up with it. The biggest advantage to having more time to train is lessening your chance of an injury, especially on rucks.

Just get a good base of fitness your first 3-4 months, start slow and stretch all the time. Then try to get as close as you can to a 300 APFT, it'll make life so much easier and will make you look good.
>>
>>32713637
pussy
>>
>>32713637
You'll be a cop and everyone will hate you
>>
>>32713637
youre just gonna be a buddy fucker cop that goes out of his way to give people tickets on base
>>
>>32713943
>>32713966
>>32713966
Okay damn
>>
>>32710453
Ya, its been so long I forgot we called them that.
>>
I WANT TO WORK ON A SUBMARINE

I want a brother below my rack. I want a brother above my rack.

I want to work on a submarine. I want to stay out of the Sun.
>>
How do you store personal firearms while in the military? Are you allowed to store them on base or do you have to get somewhere else to put them?
>>
>>32716153
Get married and you don't have to live in the barracks. Then do what you want
>>
>>32716153

If you live in the barracks you will have to store them in the arms room or entrust them to a buddy off post.
>>
>>32716454
What about renting storage off base?
>>
>>32693897
I'm leaving to navy basic in 17 days. Can anyone who's gone though it recently tell me what I should bring with me? I know I need stuff like my identification, address book, some cash etc. but is there anything else? Can I bring my watch?
>>
>>32717144
Didnt you get a book from your recruiter? A dep manual or some shit? it should say in there and if not why the fuck dont you just ask your recruiter?
When i went through in 2010 we shipped literally every single thing we had back except paperwork.
>>
>>32717169
I asked but no one in the office knew if I could bring a watch
>>
>>32717144
MY NIGGA

im going to great lakes in 17 days also.

whats your rate and shit?
>>
>>32717207
Nuke
>inb4 >nuke
I am aware of what people think of the rate. I'm hoping to get on a fast attack sub. What about you?
>>
>>32717248
SECF

>I'm hoping to get on a fast attack sub

I am also. Wonder if they will put us in the same division
>>
>>32717286
It's possible though I know they usually have a lot of divisions per training group
>>
>>32717196
Then dont. You arent going to need it.

>>32717248
>>32717286
Both of you fucked up and you are going to regret it. This isnt a meme im just telling you.
>>
>>32717410
so how many years have you served in the submarine force?
>>
>>32717445
0 thank god. And every person ive met who has always has the exact same complaints and wishes they went surface.
>>
hey, how do I become a US NAVY seal?
>>
>>32717410
given the choice between a carrier and a sub I decided to at least try and go for the one that pays more and doesn't require me to deal with 5000 other people at all times
>>
File: 1477769830417.png (286KB, 949x2587px) Image search: [Google]
1477769830417.png
286KB, 949x2587px
>>32717725
Dude you fucked up even worse then the other guy. NUKE is an absolutely horrible rate and youre going to hate it.
Read pic, gets posted every damn thread.
>>
>>32717709
If you have to ask you're already out.
http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Navy-SEAL
>so many retards want to be Chris Kyle WikiHow actually made an article
>>
>>32717795
I've seen this before. Frankly I don't think it's that bad. During the waiting period for my security clearance I got to talk to a lot of current and former nukes, as well as a ton of other future nukes. With the exception of a handful, they all seemed like totally normal people and all had positive things to say about their time. I think a lot of the negativity just comes from people who didn't know what they were getting into and just wanted to sit on their ass on a ship all day instead of work.

I mean don't get me wrong I'm sure shit sucks sometimes but a lot of problems people have with nuke like not getting respect seem to be problems that most rates share.
>>
File: 1483599770856.jpg (75KB, 1013x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1483599770856.jpg
75KB, 1013x1072px
>>32717930
Wrong wrong wrong
>I got to talk to a lot of current and former nuke
Are you surprised they tried to sell you on it? Please tell me you arent this gullible.
You know that recruiters sending in 1 NUKE counts as 2 towards their quota. Thats why everyone lies and says nuke is great cause you count as 2 people.
Also, again they arent stupid, they put their best foot forward to sucker people like you in. The autistic retards arent gonna go recruiting or work in MEPS. They put the shiny pretty things out front to catch peoples eyes.
Look man you shouldve gone CTN. Its the best intel rate in the whole military with a massive amount of carryover for once you get out.
You dont need to admit it but you fucked up and youre gonna realize that sooner than later after arriving at Goose Creek.
>>
>>32717976
sounds like you put in shitty effort and have a shitty attitude and get shit in return.
>>
>>32717976
Why do you assume all the people I talked to were people my recruiter lined up in front of me? I'm not gonna commit to something like this without going out of my way to go talk to people out of my recruiters control. People who have actually done it and have no incentive to lie to me and aren't just some anon posting frog maymays on an imageboard
>>
>>32718026
>sounds like you put in shitty effort and have a shitty attitude and get shit in return
Im not sure how you came up with any of that. Im trying to be honest and help him.
I was never a NUKE, I did 4 years made E-5 in 3 and am now out using my Gi Bill. Loved my time in and dont regret any of it.
So try again moron.

>>32718094
Look man im just trying to help you. CTN blows NUKE out of the water its not even close. Your getting hostile cause im shaking the foundation your future is built on atm. Its ok, 8 months from now when youre contemplating suicide remember this conversation.
>>
>>32716598
That's what I do
>>
>>32718501
Where do you store them? Local range?
>>
>>32717976
Nuke school is fucking cake if you're not a retard and fat. If you're good then it's just an 8 hrs job m-f plus or minus a few hours
>>
>>32718522
Storage unit off base, 40$ a month
>>
>>32718538
>Nuke school is fucking cake
We arent talking about the school at all, were talking about how shitty the rate is in general
>8 hrs job m-f plus or minus a few hours
Ok now i know you are a complete moron talking out of your ass completely. Not even close. When going underway Nukes are first in and last to leave and most underway youll be port and stbd plus maintenance hours. You have no idea what youre talking about and should stop posting forever.
>>
>>32718566
I was talking about the pipeline you fucking idiot. Idgaf about the fleet t- etn3
>>
>>32718597
I know YOU were you retarded faggot im saying I wasnt when you originally responded to me.
>Idgaf about the fleet
Probably the dumbest thing ive ever seen posted here.
How far on the spectrum are you?
>>
>>32718636
It gets better once you qualify :^)
>>
Will joining the army make me less of a loser?
I'm a spineless bitch with no friends and no future.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 452x554px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 452x554px
I'm going for flight warrant officer in the summer of 2018 (after I've graduated college). When should I meet with a recruiter/begin assembling my packet?
>>
I read the copy pasta about nuke fucking blowing and the following conversation. Give it to me straight fellas, how is life as a (more than likely) incompetent Ensign on a submarine?
>>
I wanted to join the navy after taking some electrical classes and work with the nuclear reactors on the ships, how easy would this be?
>>
Why aren't some of you guys going into the Foreign Service instead? Do you just hate the idea of being a diplomat or something?
>>
>>32696016

yes anon, crips/ bloods / vice lords and cartel

usually avoiding prison sentences 100% of the time, some of them just don't shape up though

had a guy in our unit rob a 7/11 w/ a mossberg and was an asshole that would shoot pistols inside the barracks to wake everyone up
>>
>>32719001
Now. It could very well take over a year, especially if you don't make it past the first board. Not to mention you can get accepted in winter and have your ship date be summer time.
>>
>>32719422
We had a kid in my compartment in Great Lakes that two wounds on his abdomen that he claimed was from a gang shooting. He also had tattoo referencing a blood set in Chicago. He refused to train and was sent to seps.
>>
>>32719357
It's like a 2% acceptance rate, competitive as fuck. Not to mention the general population of this board would be terrible at it.
>>
>>32719331
If you aren't just joking, you need to be a nuke to work on the reactors. Whether being a nuke is worth it or not is up to you.
>>
>>32719331

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a nuke from the get-go.

Where problems arise is when nerdy anons wander into the recruiter's office, get meme'd into it because they're "smart", and then hate their lives.
>>
>>32719574
>>32719519
I heard that nuke was pretty hard, but what do they actually do that makes it so difficult?
>>
I leave for MCT on Monday and I have some questions
I don't have enough marking tape for every single article of clothing, just my cammies, my service/dress coats and trousers, and my all weather coat. If I show up to MCT with unmarked uniform articles, will I get in trouble?
Also, do I even need to bring all five pairs of cammies?
>>
>>32719594

It's more academic than most jobs in training, but the shitty day-to-day of long hours with little downtime is what makes it "hard".
>>
>>32719594
Cant you people read threads?
Its not "hard" its shitty. read
>>32717795
There are so many better rates available and NUKES get treated very poorly. Its difficult cause quality of life sucks.
>>
>>32719594
A big part of what turns people off on it is the fact that you need to go through about 2 years of training before you even get to see a ship. The material itself is not hard but you learn at an accelerated rate. You also need to be on the ship more than most other rates. That copypasta about nukes has complaints that could be applied to any number of other rates.
>>
So are there cool jobs on submarines that aren't nuke? I really like submarines.
>>
>>32717804
Well shit, I didn't think such obvious bait would get a reply.
>>
>>32719639
Can someone please answer my question
>>
>>32719783
yeoman, fire control, sonar
>>
>>32719812
If it's on the packing list, take it. Can't you just get some more tape? Why are you waiting til the last minute?
>>
>>32719722
Is it just as shitty on the surface? I wanted to do it because I was really interested in power generation and electricity.
>>
Anybody do the System Administrator Navy C-School in California?

Can I bike the PRT there?
>>
>>32719815
I want to have down time, that's pretty important to me. I can deal with basically no privacy. I don't think I could live a life where all I do is my designated job, eat, and then sleep.

I'd rather be homeless and living under an overpass than lose time to myself to read a book or watch Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>32719844
I didn't get more from the PX, I didn't realize literally every single article of clothing needed to be marked. Will I get in trouble?
>>
File: 1484888080262.jpg (544KB, 1620x1668px) Image search: [Google]
1484888080262.jpg
544KB, 1620x1668px
Is getting laid in the military easy or does it depend on the branch?
>>
>>32719885
Eh, depends, better to not be that guy though. Just go to Walmart or a craft store and get a new roll for a few bucks, some aren't even iron on, just peel and stick.
>>
>>32719916

If you can't get laid outside the military you probably can't get laid inside the military.
>>
>>32719916
Depends on you personally and what kind of girl you're trying to get
>>
>>32719925
Yeah after reading your post I did some searching on the web and I'm gonna get them tomorrow. For now I'll mark my uniforms with the compac shit I got now and do the rest of the uniform stuff tomorrow, not even gonna worry about my skivvies and drawers.
>>
>>32719975
Yeah, when you're looking for that stuff keywords are laundry or fabric marking tape instead of uniform. Uniform shops are overpriced because of the pseudo monopoly.
>>
>>32702574
I went to OCS in summer of 15, heading back here in a few months. What do you want to know?
>>
>>32693897
There's a pretty big party here in soon but I have a PFT/CFT double tomorrow morning. Should I go?
>>
>>32719928
>>32719942
Well, I guess what I should have asked is if certain branches have an easier time finding it than others, not if the uniforms make girls wet. I expect being locked away in a boat for months you'd have less poon than someone on a base.
>>
Anyone have any questions for someone pretty far into AIT in the army?

I'm obviously not the best source of general Army info, but I am a very current source on enlisting and TRADOC.
>>
anybody got any questions about marine boot camp ask me anything.
>>
>>32700029

what MOS in army are the best to find foreign women to impregnate
>>
>>32720526
go muhreens instead unless you really got a thing for koreans
>>
Currently AD Air Force, in technical training. Possibly thinking about going blue to green and trying for an option 40 contract. On the website it mentions serving at least three years, does that mean three years in the Air Force before I can apply?
>>
>>32720718
3 years after the transition, you can apply anytime, and you can't get opt.40 as prior service.
>>
>>32720784
>you can't get option 40 as prior service
that's pretty disappointing
>>
>>32720784
>You can't get Opt. 40 as prior service.

In a scenario in which a clusterfuck of records and formalities ended with an EPTS Discharge, how fucked am I?

I've confirmed that I can Re-enlist, but didn't think about the Opt. 40.
>>
Any good resources on Special Forces? I want to know more about what their role is in the Army.
>>
>>32720939
mildly fucked.

You can get airborne contracted at least, and try to get orders for RASP during AIT or at airborne, depending on MOS. 18x is always an option.
>>
>>32720961
check Professionalsoldiers.com in the OP

All those dudes are rad, and there's a lot of info about the role of SF
>>
>>32721010
So it's about being a PT stud now.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.