[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do retailers do this? I'm pretty sure they make things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: DSG.png (44KB, 980x372px) Image search: [Google]
DSG.png
44KB, 980x372px
Why do retailers do this?

I'm pretty sure they make things "out of stock" when they have sales.
>>
>>32682065
what fucking website is selling a vortex scope for 1200 dollars?
>>
>>32682521
DSG
>>
>>32682065
better question is
why are you buying glass for same amount as good rifle?
>>
>>32683621
Not him but usually you pay 1.5 the price of a good rifle for good glass. No that is not a joke. Yes your shitty 200 dollar nikon is not 'good enough'.
>>
>>32682065
i'm not going to comment on the price, because retailers can be dumb about that and dumber people will pay it.

when i order inventory, i have to satisfy a minimum order quantity from the distributor or manufacturer, which is then drop shipped. under that quantity it's usually not economical per unit to meet profit margins per unit sold (and often i don't have physical space for the items).

so i offer to backorder items then i know that they are readily available and just need enough to meet the MOQ for another shipment. if i can't get any from anyone i'll mark it as a close out since i can't get any more. if i'm clearing inventory for new space and the old stuff has got to go, it's on clearance. et c.

it being on sale makes no difference since i'll still honor the price i advertise.
>>
>>32683689
I think 500-800 range is good enough for glass. But I understand why people would spend a lot more on it.
>>
>>32683621

Are you seriously asking this?
>>
>>32683705
Because it is just better. Example: the leupold VX series.
>>
>>32683705

I hate to be the bearer of bad news my dude, but the only good optics in that price range are red dots and they're all aimpoints.

Entry level variable zoom glass worth buying starts at $1k.
>>
>>32683720
Yes I know.
>>
>>32683621
>>32683689
that's not always true. you get what you pay for with some things like optics to a point, after which it's for features and then branding. a nikon is very comparable to other brands at their price points, however if you aren't a varminter or average hunter and need something more specialized for twilight or distance or something then nikon might not measure up.

S&B is excellent for nearly everything but they tend to be heavy and large... and not everyone wants or needs that premium.

this sort of reason is why variety exists.
>>
>>32683729
>Entry level variable zoom glass worth buying starts at $1k.
Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x/40 and the Nikon Pro Staff 3-9x/40 are both well under $1k and are excellent for the price asked... they tick all the boxes (FFP, BDC, aluminum bodies, et c) other than custom reticles, ruggedizing, and illumination, and customer service.

remember the old USMC sniper scopes were 10x Unertl basic bitches. good all around, but otherwise nothing crazy.
>>
>>32683803
> other than custom reticles, ruggedizing, and illumination, and customer service.
dropped.
>>
>>32683839
enjoy $3k from leupold or USO. not everyone is super duper uber elite sniper like you.

bushnell has shit CS, but the product itself is solid and will rarely need it. most don't anyway, but i can see why some will avoid them for that. nikon has average CS. i would go with March or a used Zeiss Conquest personally if i had a budget under $1k.

also lol at NEEDIng illumination. either use an Accupoint or some PVS gear.
>>
>>32683803

I've had budget scopes die on the first trip out on top of a ptr91. I've also broken a few just by banging into shit while dicking around on family land. Nothing ruins a good day of shooting like a taking out a brand new rifle and having your scope break before you shoot the fucking thing.

If I only ever shot on a static range from the bench it wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>32682065
>make things "out of stock" when they have sales
im pretty sure skd tac does this. they have great sale occasionally but things like the aimpoint pro mysteriously go out of stock right as sales begin and are back in stock shortly after.
>>
>>32683803
At that point you're infinitely better served with the 10x SWFA SS, the only $300 scope that's actually rated for .50 BMG. It's almost an exact copy of the unertl 10x/B&L 3200 .Mil used to use.
>>
>>32684018
i've had a leupold VXIII die within 1 magazine off a 700 BDL in 300 RUM. generally speaking you aren't going to use a barska on a 50 BMG, but nikon or bushnell should be plenty fine for 308 or similar. often it's a bad mount that delivers weird recoil impulse that breaks scopes.
>>
File: IMG_20170117_182704.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170117_182704.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I somehow got a chip on the glass where the reticule is etched on a PA 4-14XFFP, upper left corner.
>>
>>32683886
http://www.opticsplanet.com/u-s-optics-st10-ffp-illum-reticle-10x37mm-riflescope.html
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.