[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can u ship a firearm across state for repairs and have them ship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1482944360441.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482944360441.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
Can u ship a firearm across state for repairs and have them ship it back to you if you bought it in a privite sale with no ffl? (State is mississippi) i could contact the guy and have a "official" trasfer done but it was just a face to face thing as of now
>>
>>32680583
>Can u ship a firearm across state for repairs
Yes. You can ship to the manufacturer and the manufacturer can ship back to you no problem. Unfortunately, if it's a handgun, you'll have to go by Fedex or UPS.
>>
>>32680590
I KNOW you can ship across state im asking if u can if it was never ffl transfered to u and u bought it from someone u know
>>
>>32680590
Also the manufacturer is gone now so i would have to ship it to some company or gun shop that knows what they are doing..only couple i found were across st8
>>
>>32680637
I don't know why you think that would matter. Can you type like you aren't a retard?
>>
>>32680583
What the hell happened to that poor thing to explode like that?
>>
>>32680803
a squib on a polymer frame.
>>
>>32680583
If it is to the manufacture no problem. you ship to them and they ship back to you. Just some shop you have to get it through an ffl. private sale or no private sale.
background
I had a ruger barrel defect and shipped it to them and they shipped it back 2 weeks later.
For non manufacturing getting serialized parts worked on or mods required an ffl to get it back. unless i used a local shop. Even the FFLs didn't bother me with a 4473 on work done locally
>>
>>32680637
It doesn't matter how you got it. If it's yours when you ship it for repair, it can be shipped back to you.
>>
>>32682506
That's wrong though, if you own the gun and ship it off to a shop for repairs and it's returned directly to you, you don't need an FFL.

See the answer to question 6
https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0813-firearms-top-12-qaspdf/download

"An ATF Form 4473 is required for the return of the firearm, except in instances when a firearm is delivered to a licensee for the sole purpose of repair or customizing, and the same firearm or a replacement firearm is returned to the person from whom received (27 CFR ยง 478.124(a))."
>>
>>32680583
Is it even still a firearm if it is AFU like that and in pieces?
>>
>>32682645
I know this for the manufacture is correct.
>>32682693
Must of been those shops then. Now I know Thanks Anon
>>
>>32680583
>gas key not staked
>entire AR blown to shit
>gas key still in place
Mil-Spec fags BTFO
>>
>>32683118
I can tell you don't know what staking does.
>>
>>32683713
>I can tell you don't know what staking does.
It prevents screws from vibrating loose. that was some serious vibration, and one of the only parts still in place
>>
>>32684146
Shock and vibration are different things, guy.
>>
>>32684743
>immediately thought of your mom
>>
>Ship your own gun for repairs and back
You can do this in most reasonable states. You cannot in Illinois, and probably some others.
>>
>>32680583

Transporting guns across state lines is a federal crime.
>>
>>32684926
OK
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.