[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it Africa still uses armored cars and why is it they use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Why is it Africa still uses armored cars and why is it they use them better than armored cars in the second world war?
>>
>>32678957
1. Cheap.
2. They don't have to contend with tanks.
>>
>>32678957
A few reasons:
1. Operational range is of critical importance. Being ablot advance 500km into Angola with minimal support and minimal maintenace is essential; doing it fast is also required.
2. Enemy armor is at best T-62. So speed is a legit armor substitute as they have no real FCS; APFSDS from the 76mm ois enough to kill them.
3. Terrain is such that large wheels afford good mobility over more than 90% of possible combat zones, while requiring far less maintenace than tracks and being simpler and cheaper to run.
>>
>>32679025
>enemy armor is at best T-62
>Morocco and egypt bought M1A1
>kenya and ethiopia use T-72M
>Sudan and morocco operate Type-96
>even fucking angola had T-72
>>
>>32679093
Why don't you look at a fucking map and see which countries border SA.

And what kind of terrain those countries have.
>>
>>32679097
Exactly
I mean, Zimbabwe does have modern tanks, but they can't crew then for shit.
>>
>>32679097
>why is africa uses armored car
Yes the whole continent is suid afrika
>>
File: IMG_2436.jpg (52KB, 460x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2436.jpg
52KB, 460x352px
>>32679108
>Zimbabwe
You mean occupied Rhodesia anon.
>>
>>32679093
Sorry I saw a Rooikat and just assumed SA. at the time it was designed, as well as the rest of SA wheeled mobile force, Angola had no T-72.
>>
>>32679136
I'll wait while you tell me which other African nations frequently use armored cars not as wheeled transport.
>>
>>32679182
You mean Chad?
>>
>>32679192
Fucking Chad.
>>
>>32679204
REEEE
>>
>>32679192
Chad Thundercock always ruins my points.

Fucking Chad.
>>
Because they are perfectly capable of putting a 90mm/105mm on an armored car and kill any tank they have ever had to fight. Even T-72s since any T-72 in Africa is going to have Lion of Babylon-tier armor package. That is to say RHA, sand, and rubber.
>>
>>32678957
Africa is poor.
>>
>>32679262
And Rooikat had poorer armor protection than T-55, what's yo point?
>>
>>32679305
>>32679305
Easier to manuver a Rooikat in the bush than a T-55.

I can't remember which conflict but there's footage lying around of Rooikat raping T-55s at point blank.
>>
>>32679305
Better fire control and mobility means they get the first shot off. When both sides can penetrate the other, the first shot generally decides the engagements.
>>
>>32679352
I'd love to see that
>>
>>32678957
1. the land is huge and the terrain is mostly rock-hard dirt so wheeled was more efficient than tracked.
2. no conventional warfare in black Africa, wheeled heavy artillery is more suited than full blown tanks for police actions.
3.easier to operate and cheaper overall.
>>
>>32678957
The better question is why haven't we seen Black Napoleon II conquer half the continent already.
>>
>>32679352
Wasn't even a Rooikat, pretty sure it was an AML-90.

Makes you wonder how effective France's armoured cars would be in a conflict against heavier armour.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.