[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentleman (and butch ladies), is there a reliable site, like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1477865524364.jpg (338KB, 1146x1637px) Image search: [Google]
1477865524364.jpg
338KB, 1146x1637px
Gentleman (and butch ladies),

is there a reliable site, like a "kelley blue book" for guns.

I would like to purchase a used revolver and a used polymer gun at some point.

After looking online and going to a gun show, I see that prices can vary wildly (much like cars) on the model you are looking at (condition, the model's popularity, etc. etc. etc.). I find it to be a little bit annoying because no one seems to have a proper handle on what guns are worth because there's no system keeping track of what guns are being bought and sold for (unlike cars).

any tips on figuring out "fair" prices on used firearms?
>>
>>32678920
Gun Trader and Gun List are the most common but aren't always accurate.

Also beware of fudds using 10+ year old editions to tell you what something is worth.
>>
>>32678920
Go to a gun show, look at the price, halve it. Thats fair price.
>>
>google
>check retailers who sell said gun for feel of street price
>check armslist/gunbroker/forums on the model, it's condition, and asking prices (knocking out stupid high prices)
>get good idea of what said gun costs

It's really not that hard, come on.
>>
>>32678920
blue book of gun values. get good with NRA ratings and be aware that prices will increase based on availability where you live (CA, HI, and NY will have higher prices generally for example).

typically if you average gunbroker's recently sold auctions over a week or two you can ball park it.
>>
>>32678925
if a gun (new) retails for $849 MSRP, why are gun stores selling used models for $700?

isn't that kind of underestimating depreciating, do you think I could talk them down to $400?
sometimes I can or cant find leverage (damaged finishing, revolver cylinder too "loosesly" indexing when hammer is brought down, etc.); what do I do here to bring them back to earth?

>>32678926
interesting, I suspected as much they were "starting high"
>>
>>32678956
If it's an actual gun shop and not a pawn shop, probably not. You have to remember that brick and mortar stores have a much higher overhead and smaller profit margins than online retailers and private sellers. Why do you think most places charge so much for FFL transfers? It's helps offset the price difference from online sales and helps them be at least slightly competitive.
>>
>>32678925
>Also beware of fudds using 10+ year old editions to tell you what something is worth
this is very important, but more so if you are selling rather than buying.

as for what prices are fair, look for the cheapest prices online, then go and compare them to the local shops and remember that any online purchase will need the cost of shipping and FFL transfer factored in. If what you find at the stores is significantly higher than what is online bring that up with the dealer and especially on a used item he will probably be able to be haggled with, so that he gets the sale rather than just the transfer fee.
>>
>>32678956
>if a gun (new) retails for $849 MSRP, why are gun stores selling used models for $700?

this is because a gunshop won't buy a used gun for more than half it's value, that way they can make double their money back when they sell it.
>>
>go to gunbroker
>search the model you want
>advanced options:buy it now
thats the average price,but plus shipping and transfer fee
>>
>>32678920
Who is the semen demon in ops pic?
>>
>>32678956
>MSRP
that isn't an equivalent concept to retail, that's the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. the retail price is what the tag actually says, new.

there is no product i can recall at this moment anywhere on the face of the earth that is actually worth buying at MSRP. it is the vestigial tail of market competition.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.