[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TASER just released a subcompact Pulse model for ccw. What are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: pix063305288.jpg (45KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
pix063305288.jpg
45KB, 640x425px
TASER just released a subcompact Pulse model for ccw. What are /k/s thoughts about tasers? I am honestly thinking of picking one up to carry when I have to visit shitholes like California that don't recognize my Nevada ccw permit.
>>
>>32673888
Tasers aren't the magic end-all-be-all they were pushed as in years past. That's something some PDs learned the hard way.

One big issue is range. The probes need a certain distance to be effective so the longer the range, the less likely they are to work up close.

Another issue is follow ups. Tasers don't always work. A probe can miss or not get through clothing. The LE models have two shots to counter this.

What's the range on this model and can it be used as a contact weapon?
>>
File: MK-3-GEL-H-US[1].jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MK-3-GEL-H-US[1].jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>>32673888
this
>>32674452

Taser had really captured people in their marketing for about a decade before people realized how dangerous they actually are, both for the officer and for the target.

They are very situational. I would never use one for defense. Use something like pepper gel that will fucking ruin their day and their ability to attack you. You get a lot more chance to hit them with it (a debilitating stream vs a single shot).
>>
>>32674536
I'd agree. Stopped short of outright saying it in my first post, but the Taser is really a situational LE tool and those situations don't mesh well with self defense encounters.

A good spray, something like a "tactical" pen, and situational awareness and avoidance will work better for self defense than a Taser.
>>
>>32674452

15ft and yes it can. I also know all about the downsides to tasers.

>>32674536

>I would never use one for defense

OC/CS/pepper spray is a pain compliance weapon tho, people can fight while still being in pain. The benefit of the taser is not only longer range but also the fact that it doesn't rely on pain but on neuromuscular contraction.
>>
>>32674663
People can build up a resistance to it. Read about Fleece Johnson aka the Booty Warrior. He raped men in the ass while being tased. Not zapped with a stun gun, tased.
>>
>>32674663
I consider the failure rate for Tasers to be high for self defense use, particularly when the situations they tend to fail in are most similar to self defense scenarios.
They have a limited LE role which is mostly in situations where they're set up for success.
>>
>>32673888
what makes you think CA lets you carry a taser?
>>
>>32674846

Uh...because they do? There are no restrictions regarding carrying tasers in california, they're not firearms.

https://buy.taser.com/taser-state-requirements/
>>
>>32674663
Blinding someone is a distinct advantage in any situation. It isn't just pain, it can also induce vomiting. The taser is brief and for it to continue working you need to stay in range. Hit someone in the face with a chemical and you get a decent amount of effective time where you can run, etc.
>>
>>32675080
>The taser is brief and for it to continue working you need to stay in range

civilians tasers emit a 30 second continuous shock and is designed specifically for people to drop it and run while it's shocking the bad guy
>>
>>32673888
Better than nothing I suppose... I wouldn't be all that surprised to find out they are banned in CA too though at this point.
>>
File: 1483837376397.jpg (70KB, 603x498px) Image search: [Google]
1483837376397.jpg
70KB, 603x498px
>>32674708
>Read about Fleece Johnson aka the Booty Warrior.
Why do you know of this, anon?
>>
>>32675109
And gel sticks indefinitely. The target has to disengage to remove it. I'm aware you can just drop the things and the company will replace it, but once the effect ends it ends. The chemical is more than just a pain source, it has physiological effects.
>>
>>32673888
They are an excellent non-lethal option. Seriously they put in fuggin work
>t. Used to be LEO
>>
>>32674452
>two shot
The fuck you on about? I was a cop for years and x-26 is one shot per cartridge you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>32673888
>shitholes like California that don't recognize my Nevada ccw permit
>implying they recognize the right to self-defence period
>>
>>32675198
Gel is a terrible idea. I watched a suspect wipe it from his face and successfully throw it on the responding officer.
>>
>>32675254
2003 called, they want their X26s back

https://www.taser.com/products/x2
>>
>>32675126
I have a vested interest in anal reaming and creaming.
>>
>>32675109
This guy knows what's up
>no one wants to ride the lighting for 30 secs
>>
>>32675126
Someone didn't watch Boondocks.
>>
>>32674769
Bed time timmy
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.