[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tac A1 in now on Tikka's website: http://www.tikka.fi/r

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: TAC_A1_length_20_2000.png (172KB, 1925x408px) Image search: [Google]
TAC_A1_length_20_2000.png
172KB, 1925x408px
Tac A1 in now on Tikka's website:
http://www.tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-tac-a1
At least the grip and handguard have changed since last year and there are a few new attachment points for sling. It still has that retarded 5/8x24 muzzle thread though, which is a huge downside.
>>
>still uses proprietary mags instead of AICS

into the trash it goes
>>
>>32668651
Why would they use the mags of their competitor?
>>
>>32668651
its a bench rifle guy, the average consumer will use the two 5 rounders it comes with and call it a day
>>
any idea how much can we expect this to cost?
>>
>>32668696
It comes with one 10 round magazine though and it seems to be mostly marketed for military and LE.

>>32668729
Only one store here has had pre-orders available, others have waited this official announcement but that one store sells it for 2090€. The price should come down a bit after more stores start selling it.
>>
File: Tikka_T3x_TAC_A1_frontangle.jpg (809KB, 1400x934px) Image search: [Google]
Tikka_T3x_TAC_A1_frontangle.jpg
809KB, 1400x934px
One interesting thing is that the rail is 0 MOA instead of 20 MOA.
>>
This looks interesting but my one hold up are the magazines. Does this still use those shitty magazines that T3s usually come with or does it use AICS mag? Because if it uses the latter than this seems dead on arrival. Why would they ruin a good chassis with shitty proprietary mag? No wants to have to spend money on expensive mags that won't work with other rifles, especially not when there is a perfectly good non proprietary standard for mags available.
>>
File: magazine.jpg (67KB, 650x684px) Image search: [Google]
magazine.jpg
67KB, 650x684px
>>32670121
It uses these Sako/Tikka ten round steel mags, not the usual plastic five rounders. It's basically the same magazine as in TRG-22 but with a rubber bottom. As far as I know, TRG magazines will work in this rifle but the rubber bottomed CTR magazines won't fit a TRG. From their point of view, AICS magazine is competitor's magazine and in no way standard, so they use their own instead.
>>
>>32670292
I understand their point of view but to call AICS magazines anything else but a standard is kind of bullshit. Look how many companies are putting their rifles in chassis with detachable mags. They all accept AICS mags. Plus, other companies besides AI make the magazine. Why would I limit myself to a mag that is only used in one rifle when there is an abundance of alternative rifles that use a magazine that is shared between then. Tikka isn't uses this mag because it is better than AICS mags. They are using it so they can charge an arm and a leg for it. If there is one thing I have learned, it is any time interoperability is limited, it hurts the consumer. It doesn't matter if it is firearms, computers, or software, not having interoperability hurts the customer, period.
>>
>>32668666
Well, Satan, sometimes not having to make your own magazines is more profitable than making your own and having people not buy the rifle because they don't want to pay for expensive, proprietary magazines,

Especially when they already have 30 magazines.
>>
>>32670468
>>32670503
They still feel that this is the right decision for them. We'll see, how much it will bother customers. I don't mind it but like you've pointed out, many do. I'm still interested in this rifle despite the wrong muzzle thread.
>>
File: frontpage-herobgnew.jpg (253KB, 2000x706px) Image search: [Google]
frontpage-herobgnew.jpg
253KB, 2000x706px
bump
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.