[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Galil Is it a quality service rifle for this modern day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: platoon line 2.jpg (300KB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
platoon line 2.jpg
300KB, 1599x1066px
>Galil

Is it a quality service rifle for this modern day and age?

Why did Isreal abandon it?

>Also: Post pics of Galils around the world
>>
>>32667140
Because even a suped up AK is inferior to AR's. And both are inferior to the Tavor.
>>
>>32667151
>Because even a suped up AK is inferior to AR's.
Correct.

>And both are inferior to the Tavor.
Incorrect.
>>
>>32667140
>Is it a quality service rifle for this modern day and age?
Yes
>Why did Isreal abandon it?
They abandoned it because the US was handing them Foreing aid and military supplies like surplus US equipment and M16A1s to the point that it was cheaper to get a US lended M16 than to build a Galil.
>Tl:Dr: Cost savings and free shit to our "greatest ally"
>>
>>32667151
>>32667253
lmao have fun cleaning your gun in the field retards
>>
>>32667151
>people actually think ar > ak
>>
>>32667485
>cleaning an AR is hard
>>
>>32667140
>>32667140
Why would you use a galil when usa gives you m4s and m16s for free?
>>
>>32667532
>cleaning
>>
itt: retards that actually think inrangetvs mud tests makes sense
>>
>>32667485
>Implying any weapon doesn't need cleaning in the field

>Implying pushing a single pin is hard

Noguns

>>32667496
They are.
>>
>>32667716
lmao accidentaly pulls too hard. gun breaks
>>
>>32667743
What in the actual fuck are you talking about?

Oh, right, this is a bait post.
>>
File: IWI1.jpg (58KB, 620x242px) Image search: [Google]
IWI1.jpg
58KB, 620x242px
>>32667668
They do, but even Karl says that they're but a small piece of the puzzle.

I'm just surprised that Israel isn't really showing interest in the Galil ACE. The ACE 23N (16in, 5.56, STANAG mags) especially seems like a fantastic rifle on paper. It's basically an AK sealed up like an AR and given FAL controls, which is...pretty much exactly how I'd design a modern combat rifle, honestly. The moment that thing finally comes to market, I'm buying one.
>>
>>32667777
get real homie do you want muh merican ay err or a gun that will proprably never fail on you
>>
>>32667496
>people actually think the truth
>>
>>32667655
>having your AK fail on you because you're a tard
>>
>>32667607
Israel prefers to use the Tavor moron. The M4/M16 is given to troops who don't need their rifle all that often
>>
>>32667888
How many times did your mother drop you?
>>
>>32667925
Paratroopers, combat engineering and Kfir brigade all use M4.
>>
>>32667151

>Implying that anything can be inferior to the Tavor

>The SCAR exists

Are you autistic?
>>
>>32667950
And armor use 11 inch colt carbines if you want to include them, too.
>>
>>32667496

AK reveals its entire bolt when you rack it back, meaning it's easy as fuck to get dirt and mud in there.

AR's have a tight fucking bolt where it's extraordinarily difficult to get mud in there unless you're fucking autistic.

+Better designs and everything else, so yes, AR > AK
>>
>>32667812
>basically an AK sealed up like an AR and given FAL controls

I like the idea, even the reciprocating charging handle, but it is so goddamn ugly. Like an ARX fucked an ak.
>>
>>32668079
Honestly, I kinda like the look. At least the 5.56 ones. It's relatively minimalist as far as modern rifles go, which is always good.
>>
>>32667140
The South African R4 is better but it's still a good rifle.
>>
>>32667151
>implying the tavor can ever hit anything

LOL
>>
>>32667496
Because they think that submerging a rifle in mud is some how a test and not how easy it is to get it back up running again. Here's a hint: AK's are easier to clear out and get up and running again
>>
>>32667140
African soldiers with standardized equipment that appear competent? Do tell.
>>
>>32670882
South Africans. The white officers and soldiers keep it from being a shit show and even then the quality and discipline of the soldiers has dropped sharply since they've force so many retarded kaffirs on the SADF
>>
File: 84758607.jpg (647KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
84758607.jpg
647KB, 1024x768px
>>32667140
> Is it a quality service rifle
Yes. It shoots bullets, does it reliably and proficiently.
> for this modern day and age?
If you go for the modernized "ACE-Galil", which offers the same gun in a package that's been updated for modern needs such as optics and whatever.
> Why did Isreal abandon it?'
It was offered cheap ARs instead, mostly to ensure continued reliance on American arms. Coasts of replacing existing ARs (and their entire logistical plan and reserve), needing to iron out whatever problems would come up with the Galil and having to sustain future development for the rifle made it very appealing to agree to the American offer. The deal was made even better by the fact that the M16 was (and still is) a good rifle it's own right.
tl:dr Jews saved Shekels.

>>32667950
Kfir is both the largest and the least funded division in the IDF- and this should tell you something about them. Paratroopers stick to the M16 they consider it to be more suitable to their specific needs, and even they're planned to make the switch some when in the near future. Engineering isn't considered, or at least teared as, infantry. They will get the Tavor as well, they're simply last in line.

>>32667962
Different guns for different days. I would always pick a Tavor into dense urban environment over a SCAR, yet it doesn't mean that I would refuse making sweet love to it in over situations.

>>32668079
Perhaps I'm just not that nostalgic of a man, because I do like the new design. At the very least, it's more practical and more useful.

>>32670783
Tons of dead Palestinian children say it can hit very well.

>>32667812
> Israel isn't really showing interest in the Galil ACE
It does. special forces, specifically Shayetet 13 as far as public knowledge goes, gets to enjoy them. They might stock up on it some when in the future, maybe will give the armored guys the short version, but for now it's all a question of Shekels.
>>
>>32667140
It works fine when your army needs AKs, but is supplied with US ammo.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.