[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k/ommandos I need some major firearm help. I got myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ap8sp196.jpg (47KB, 480x312px) Image search: [Google]
ap8sp196.jpg
47KB, 480x312px
Alright /k/ommandos I need some major firearm help. I got myself a turkish mauser that was made in 1942. and I fired PPU 8mm sp out of it yesterday. I read about the different mauser bore sizes. Did I use the right 8mm? And what other 8mm rounds can I use in it
>>
The ones that say 8mm Mauser on them should work. Also if they say 8x57 Mauser or 7.92x57 mauser should also work.
>>
>>32666890
I also heard about like s type and js types its just a little confusing
>>
Is PPU good ammo?

Not just is it accurate enough but does it burn cleanly. Its the cheapest brasscase 7.62R thats not corrosive
>>
>>32666978
very good for me yesterday. Its a little dirty but like you said non- corrosive you can run a brush and patch through and be done with cleaning it
>>
>>32666864
yeah that's the right 8mm. S type

You'd know if you were shooting J/I type

There's also a "semi-auto only" Yugoslavian 8mm which wont lock in a bolt action, but it usually says that on the box.
>>
>>32666864
Yes, that Turk is fine with any 7.92/8x57 ammo if the headspace is good. The whole "different 8mm mauser thing only applies to when the 1888 pattern bore was changed from a .318 bore to a .323 bore in 1903.

>Ergo, it's only an issue with Mauser rifles in 8mm that were made between 1888 and 1903

on the flip side, if the headspace is good then the Turk is a damn tough rifle. Turkish arsenals rebuilt many different makers rifles into a standard pattern. For a number of reasons they went with a small barrel shank/large ring receiver combo. Lots of meat. They didn't have the metallurgy, so they made up for it with over-engineering.
>>
File: Vz22_5-26_D.jpg (985KB, 1280x774px) Image search: [Google]
Vz22_5-26_D.jpg
985KB, 1280x774px
>>32666864
All the 8mm Turkish rifles will use the .323" projectile of the 8x57IS. Turkey switched from 7.65x53mm to 8x57mm in 1926; by that point the .323" bore diameter was standard for military Mauser rifles in 8mm.

That's the standard bullet diameter for "8x57IS" AKA "8x57JS" AKA "7.92x57mm Mauser" AKA "8mm Mauser". The smaller .318" projectile is only found in ammuniton marked "8x57I" or "8x57J". No harm can come of using the smaller .318" projectile in the .323" bore, but accuracy may be affected.
>>
>>32666864
Yeah.
The only ones with bore size problems are the Gewehr 1888s, and even then PPU covers their ass with undersized ammo (though only by a few thou)
>>
>>32667208
They tend to underload US made commercial 8x57 for that reason too.

Good bullets & good loads (reloading) the 8mm is every bit as good as the knock off of it, the 30-06, which is plenty enough for deer, moose, looters & what have you. You can dial it back to 30-30 Winchester or 7.62x39 levels of power for range fuckery
>>
>>32667273
I understand this.
I have an old Yugo M48 and a Gewehr 1888 and intend to purchase a VZ-24, and I already have a shitton of brass and reloading does and primers and powder and bullets.

I do need to source some .318 ones for some '88 ammo though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.