[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically if lightsabers became a possibility and the gov'nt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 25

Hypothetically if lightsabers became a possibility and the gov'nt didn't slap them with 13 different federal bans, how would fighting differ from fighting with standard bladed and blunt weapons?
>>
>>32654434
Nothing would change. Why up to someone and swipe them with a melee weapon when you can just shoot them from afar? And if you want to stab someone, you don't want extra light and noise from the blade being superheated plasma.

Having a lightsaber doesn't give you jedi powers.
>>
If the blade it weightless or near-weightless you'd probably get something similar to fencing. Blades would get stupidly long because there's no downside to have a huge blade.

Depending on the weight you might get useful bayonets. If they could be made pocket sized they'd be good self-defense weapon.
>>
>>32654434
There is much weight, much craving attached to such a tiny thing of light. For the male, it seems to have inordinate importance. But we shall leave such male preoccupations for philosophers and cultural historians.
>>
There's no fucking point to that shit when you can shoot niggers from afar.

Maybe at close quarter, but you have da shotgat for that.
>>
>>32654434
I think you're forgetting the fact that lightsabers cut through anything that isn't another lightsaber.
>>
>>32654769
Lightsaber bayonets when!?!?!
>>
>>32654769

Cortosis weave can resist light sabers. It's fairly rare but there has been armor, shields and the like made with the stuff.
>>
If I had a light saber, ain't no way I'd be fighting other motherfuckers with light sabers.

If anything, I'd just cut random shit with it for shits and giggles. Instantly boil water for my Mac n cheese, instant toast, I'd even try to carve statues out of solid chunks of metal.

Maybe even make some sort of steam powered turbine, with the saber providing the steam from collected rain water or a lake or something.
>>
>>32654434
>When you finally make a real life lightsaber just to have your hand and arm skin instantly catch fire due to to thermal conductivity of the air.

Star wars smile with glasses smile
>>
>>32654769
False, vibroweapons are able to parry lightsabers
>>
SO many people accidentially killing / maiming themselves. Take a flashlight, move it like a sort, see if you shine light on yourself at any time. I'm sure you will.
>>
>>32654434

>Wanting a lightsaber
>not a sword of this guy

DISGUSTING
>>
>>32654434
>Hypothetically if lightsabers became a possibility

then we's use flat and wide sheets of lightsaber beam as portable shield body armour.
>>
>>32654820
Take a stick, move it like a sword, see if you hit yourself at any time. I'm sure you will not.
>>
>>32654434
I'd like a pocket model for work, and a standard for cutting trees
idgaf about fighting with one
>>
>>32654820
*sword, damnit.
>>
>>32654842
A stick is easier because you can feel where the tip is. You wouldn't be able to with a lightsaber, and suddenly you stand on one leg.
>>
>>32654793
>>32654817
While true, I think he's referring to irl.
>>
>>32654434
I'd stab holes into the top of tanks, then piss down into them.

>Pepe.jpeg
>>
>>32654820
>SO many people accidentially killing / maiming themselves.

This would definitely happen. It's possible to touch yourself (ayy) twirling a sword like in Fantasy Wars.
>>
>>32654434
You'll need near super human levels of spacial awareness so you don't end up accidentally hurt yourself.

You'll never be able to block a bullet without a guardian angel, extreme luck, and the love of every god mankind has worshiped.

Other than that, I'm sure current sword styles will translate over pretty well based on lightsaber hilt design. For example a curved hilt like Dooku's would better suit fencing and foil styles. But then that brings in the argument of bringing a sword to a gun fight. It won't happen unless we somehow come up with personal armor for everyday soldiers that is so resistant to hand-held ballistic weapons that it would necessitate a weapon like a lightsaber to defeat your foe.

With that in mind we're far more likely to make blasters/laser guns before we make lightsabers.
>>
Star Wars is one of the most boring properties on Earth. Instead of obsessing about something George Lucas shat out, why don't you try and create something instead?
>>
>>32654434

Without magic wizard-like jedi powers they are close to useless.
Nobody would be able to reliably deflect projectiles or to throw them to any effect.

Plus, they wouldn't be very stealthy, thus negating one of the main advantages of hand weapons, nor versatile as tools.

If they were cheap enough, though, they would see plenty of use as glorified machetes or breaching tools.
>>
File: 1393727766127.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
1393727766127.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>32655302
>You'll need near super human levels of spacial awareness so you don't end up accidentally hurt yourself.

>Not cutting yourself with the dangerous bit is now "super human"
>>
>>32654826

YES, INDEED. LEAVE THAT SWORD ALONE.
>>
>>32654880
Yeah, no that's stupid. You're just repeating nonsense fan fiction made up to justify muh special snowflake Jedi. You can, right now, get a carbon fibre rod, stick it to a reasonably heavy handle, and find out how stupid what you just said is.
>>
>>32654924
The emitter is at least partially cortosis according to KotOR 2 so good luck making a lightsaber without it being real too.
>>
>>32655327
Why don't you show us you amazing work of science fiction, anon?
>>
Lightsaber tipped projectiles.
>>
>>32655626
FUND IT

COULD PIERCE LITERALLY ANY ARMOR EVER
>>
It would go last this
>draw light saber
>get shot from 20 feet away by Jamal's hi point
the end
>>
>inb4 HURR LIGHTSABERS R DANGREOUS BECAS NO WEGHIT
Lightsabers have internal weighted gyros to simulate natural inertia of a more ergonomic weapon. Several characters not Force-sensitive are seen using Lightsabers, even with little training
>>
may i remind you guys that it has been shown in the star wars comics of 'slug throwers' (Read:guns) have sent projectiles through the lightsaber and hit the jedi with the now superheated projectile.
>>
>>32655641
You could just attach it to a customized arrow and shoot them with compound bows.

Or just shove them in shotguns with some mechanism that turns it on as it's fired. It would probably tumble making it even more terrifying.
>>
I'd want a red lightsaber, but I don't want people to think I never evolved beyond being an edgy thirteen year old because of it. It's just my favourite colour.
>>
>>32655744
I always felt like the fact that Darth Vader's saber was red was just the color he decided to make it and that there were plenty of normal jedis with red sabers and siths with all sorts of colors of saber.
>>
>>32655329
>they wouldn't be very stealthy
Counter point.
Since a lightsaber doesn't need to be on at all times, you could activate it while youre swinging it and possibly jump out of cover and turn an entire room into medium rare steaks before anyone has time to react.

Also since a lightsaber has no edge and can cut through flesh and thin metals like hot butter you could just swing it around with controlled chaos.
>>
>>32655782
Well that's wrong, Sith lightsabers are red in-canon because they use artificially-made crystals instead of the generally rare naturally occuring ones master Jedi have to go on a vision quest to find.

Which would make for a fucking cool story element if anyone at Disney knew how to write, having Rey go off on some journey to build a lightsaber to compete with Kylo Ren's hunk of shit
>>
>>32655813
>canon
Not anymore bitch boy.
>>
dune shields would change combat more, definitely
>>
>>32655831
Pretty sure there's some nucanon babble about Kylo Ren's lightsaber that either states or implies the same thing
>>
>>32655813
>Sith lightsabers are red in-canon because they use artificially-made crystals instead of the generally rare naturally occuring ones master Jedi have to go on a vision quest to find.

That was never canon, it was EE shit that was contradicted by other EE shit because the EE was a fucking wank.
>>
>>32655702
I remember a comic long ago where a bounty hunter brought down a Jedi by using a Space Shotgun. Guy on instinct tried to deflect it and missed most and caught a face full of molten metal. I suppose if you missed after a shot or two they could use the Force to deflect it but you just need to not be a fucking tard.
>>
>>32654434
I wouldn't even try to swing it around seeing that clumsy as fuck, but a lightsaber atlatl would be pretty awesome.
>>
>>32654585
To obey physics, doesn't the blade have to be weightless? I don't really know if this is how lightsabers work, but I was under the impression that there's a battery in the handle which sends power to the crystal think, and that generates the blade (I'm not sure if the crystal is some sort of lasing material, or if it focuses light or what). If the blade is just a laser beam, then it would be weightless. If the blade is some sort of plasma, I think it'd be weightless as well, although I'm not as sure about that.
>>
>>32656001
The body contains one to three "crystals" and an "energy cell". The business end(s) house an "emitter" and a "lens". Variations of these parts have different effects on the appearence and functionality of the lightsaber. The simplest being the correlation between energy cell and blade length.
>>
>>32656072
I remember reading of one dude who had a color and length changing saber. He twisted the pommel or some shit.

It was in the Yuuzan Vong series, if that helps.
>not that it matters anymore.
>>
>>32656133
Probably a throttle on the cell and a revolving primary crystal chamber.
>fuck Disney.
>>
>>32654589
Fuck off Kreia. You manipulative cunt.
>>
>>32656187
But is the manipulator the one doing the manipulating or is the one manipulating the manipulator maniputaling them through a two way force bond at fault for the manipulations?
>Influence Loss: Kreia
>Light Side Points Gained
>Dark Side Points Gained
>>
>>32655683
non of that is canon anymore bro
>>
There would be huge emphasis on defense since they can cut you without any kind of momentum to back it up.
>>
File: image.png (345KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
345KB, 450x299px
I'll just leave is here.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
>>32656279
>>
>>32655333
Your hold and control of a bladed weapon is based on the weight of it. A lightsaber would presumably have no mass past the hilt. Thus it would be incredibly easy to overshoot or misjudge and hit yourself.
>>
>>32654807
We already do a lot of that in industry
>>
>>32656279
When they actually do cut through things with light sabers like bulkheads, they always do it slowly.

It is a laser at the end of the day. It has to melt what it's cutting through. If you were to rake a lightsaber against the hull of a ship as you sped by, you'd leave singe marks and maybe some minor scarring, but nothing serious.
>>
>>32656292
>A lightsaber would presumably have no mass past the hilt.

Back to highschool physics with you.

I know fuck all about retard-wars but both plasma and photons have mass.
>>
>>32656187
Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you.
>>
>>32657423
>implying that weight would be significant in any way
back to highschool physics with you
>>
File: Darksaber-SWE.jpg (29KB, 504x376px) Image search: [Google]
Darksaber-SWE.jpg
29KB, 504x376px
>tfw no black lightsaber
>>
>block a bullet
>sprayed with molten lead and copper
>>
>>32654434

They would be a hot military item, but not for the reason you think. Having a lightweight plasmacutter capable of slicing holes through blast doors and other metal objects is one hell of a useful thing to have. Slicing apart sand people is just a bonus.
>>
File: saber.png (9KB, 910x322px) Image search: [Google]
saber.png
9KB, 910x322px
>>32654434

NO

NO NO NO NO NO

FUCKING STOP

YOU CAN'T

PARRY

WITH A LIGHTSABER

THE FORCE DOES NOT TRANSMIT DOWN THE BLADE TO THE HILT LIKE A REAL SWORD

BECAUSE THERE IS NO BLADE

IT'S JUST A FIELD

BEING GENERATED BY THE HILT

FUCK OFF AND NEVER RETURN
>>
>>32655702

A less elegant weapon for a less civilized age.
>>
>>32656001
Early in the writing process, Lucas had the idea that the blades were weightless, but the handle weighed something like 50 pounds, so you had to be force-sensitive (or at least very strong) to wield anything like a Jedi would. Not sure if that's canon anymore or not.
>>
File: Kreiadarknessatcore.jpg (37KB, 377x553px) Image search: [Google]
Kreiadarknessatcore.jpg
37KB, 377x553px
>>32656187
For one as limited as you, perhaps. To have fallen so far and learned nothing, that is your failure.
>>
>>32658599
Depends on the density, right? Mass increases as density does, and plasma in any reasonably useful amount is pretty massive. Therefore, the plasma held in the electromagnetic field that does the duty of slicing shit like butter would have decent enough weight for the mass it needs, right?
>>
>>32656216
Mindblown anon
>>
>>32659141
That's almost as retarded as "The lightsaber produces a bunch of gyroscopic forces which require force sensitivity to predict. Thus the jumpy-spinny bullshit"

Almost.
>>
>>32654434
I actually thought that I was still on /tg/ the whole thread. Then I hit the catalog button and was surprised.
>>
so the consensus is /k/ will be the new fudds when laser weapons are developed.

>you dont need that
>its too flashy

kek have fun nosabers.
>>
File: 53279_45398.jpg (20KB, 217x259px) Image search: [Google]
53279_45398.jpg
20KB, 217x259px
>>32657423

>photons have mass
>>
>>32661799
OH no, don't get me wrong. If they existed and were reasonably priced and available to the public, I'd have a couple to fuck around with.

It's just that they're pretty useless in modern combat, except possible as a cut-anything replacement for the combat knife.
>>
>>32656133
I remember that guy. I think he had a bunch of crystals in his fuck huge lightsaber handle.
>>
First it's heated, vibrating blades made from new alloys that hold an edge longer and corrode less. Then it's light sabers
>>
>>32661833
So basically we'd have ones from 4-8 inches. It makes sense. We'd also use them for breaching, although maybe as a collapsible and detachable lightsaber pike, so you don't have to stand directly behind the door.
>>
>>32661833
i would carry one and my ccw.
>guy is super close
>reaches for pistol
>obi wan his fuckin arm off
>police show up
>dont even take my gun for "evidence".
>sweeeet
>>
>>32654434
weight balance is poor its pretty much a flash light
way easy to cut your own limbs off
it could explode or catch fire at any moment .esp from impact
its a giant switch bade so you risk getting impaled every time you pick it up
if it can deflect plasma bolts why can't plasma bolts deflect it ?
>>
>>32655813
Canon is now that they are kyber crystals mucked about with by sith magic
>>
>>32662409
>kyber crystals
Nigga what? Wasn't the name "kyber crystal" used for that repository of force-sensitive babies that Cad Bane stole? Yeah, I know that "kyber crystal" was old-canon for that snowflake force amplifying crystal that made the ultimate pink light sabers, and before that it was the McGuffin in the original screenplay, but what the fuck are you talking about now? It's now a generic name for lightsaber crystals?
>>
>>32654434
well it would be the choice murder weapon, quiet and no blood.
>>
File: 1484060598072.jpg (97KB, 512x483px) Image search: [Google]
1484060598072.jpg
97KB, 512x483px
>>32662619
>The synthetic crystals, favored by users of the dark side for their offensive properties, were impregnated with the negative energies of their creators which gave to the crystals their red color; the majority of the Sith and Dark Jedi wielded crimson-bladed lightsabers, though colors similar in hue to red, such as orange and magenta, were not unheard of.

Jedi Purge when?
>>
>>32654585
>blades would get stupidly long because there's no downside to having a huge blade
Other than the huge amount of energy required to sustain it. Otherwise, we'd just be throwing fields of plasma at enemies of the US instead of shooting them.

>>32654434
They wouldn't be used unless you could mass manufacture them for very very cheap and create a system that'd throw them at enemies for you.
>>
>>32662694
That description lacks the word "kyber". That has also always been the description.
>>
>>32654833
>we'd use a device that turns normal bullets into molten lava bullets as body armor
Only a fucking European could say something this dumb.
>>
>>32656292
Plasma has mass. The name "lightsaber" isn't literal.
>>32657423
Photons are massless particles. How much more does a lightbulb start to weigh when you turn it on? Kek, dumbass.
>>
>>32656001
So the way I've seen it explained in canon is that

1-the blade is more like a U-shape. As in it comes out of one side of the emitter and goes back into the other side of the emitter. So its basically like a soldering iron on steroids.

2-Apparently (once again according to canon) the plasma forces create a natural gyroscopic effect on the blade and it constantly wants to be pointing up.

So basically you have a sword that always wants to be completely vertical and is going to be fighting against attempts to put it at an angle. Which is why only force users can wield them.
>>
>>32654579
This.

Hokey religions and anvient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.
>>
>>32662779
Except for when you really really have to cut open a bantha.
>>
>>32656325
>It is a laser at the end of the day.
No, it's plasma, which means it has inertia and takes up space. Both of those would be enough to cut at high speeds. I'd just assume the Jedi would have to be swole as fuck to hold onto something being pulled behind them at 60mph though.
>>
>>32655908
That's because literally everything is better as an atlatl
>>
>>32658945
You could parry though. It just wouldn't seem at all like the kind of parries we see with foils or longswords. The magnetic field effecting your plasma would effect the plasma of other people, so potentially you could swipe through another sword and it'd be enough to get the plasma away from you.
>>
>>32662898
So, realistically, both parties would attempt to avoid crossing blades as much as possible, because exchange of matter would mess up one or both blades in an unpredictable way, and you end up with something a bit like kenjutsu?
>>
File: 1423775114039.jpg (35KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
1423775114039.jpg
35KB, 460x288px
>>32661812
>>32662773
>P-photons are massless
Okay, moving a little bit past highschool physics here, but in case you didn't know, energy and mass are relative (You know, the theory of relativity? E=mc^2)

AND GUESS WHAT

PHOTONS HAVE ENERGY 99.9% OF THE TIME

ERGO THEY HAVE MASS

>abubu the rest mass is zero why are you doing this to me I don't understand

Show me on the doll where the particle physicist touched you.
>>
>>32662619
Yup. Also powers the death star super laser now as well.
>>
>>32663305
Fuck Jar Jar Abrams. Fuck the Mouse. Fuck this gay galaxy.
>>
>>32658945
But they do in-universe. So it's a moot point. By some fucking space magic, they do.
>>
File: wads.png (138KB, 320x317px) Image search: [Google]
wads.png
138KB, 320x317px
>>32661812
>photons have mass
I didn't know they were catholic
>>
File: blog-8[1].jpg (35KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
blog-8[1].jpg
35KB, 600x456px
>>32663412
>>
>>32654585
>Blades would get stupidly long
What if we let the blade become like..really fucking long.

But then give it some kind of pistol grip.

And a scope.
>>
>>32654434

Useful as a bayonet.
Retractable blade without completely dismounting the device
Easily breaching doors or cutting fences or cutting entrances into walls for unpredictable breaching.
As a weapon? Unless it's extremely small, it's really kind of pointless, besides having a melee weapon that can disable/destroy vehicles and cut through body armor. The light generated in itself would make it almost completely useless other than for the breaching
>>
File: PWSLightsaber1.jpg (118KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PWSLightsaber1.jpg
118KB, 1024x768px
Would there be a ban on assault lightsabers?
>>
>>32654434
>fighting
Break-ins and home invasions would be a new fucking world for criminals though.
>>
>>32655302
You won't be able to block a bullet effectively period, in the expanded universe, projectile based weaponry, or slug throwers, whether they be rail guns/conventional/caseless/etc is more effective against Jedi than blaster fire, a jedi blocks a projo with a lightsaber and best case scenario he's still got hot molten lead flying at him.
Jedi typically had to rely heavier on force powers to avoid projos, but it was much easier for say force push to stop projos, or to use force speed to dart away.

In one of the books one of the more famed Jedi killing bounty hunters used a suppressed slug thrower.

In the 6 main movies Sand People (and luke in the beginning of a new hope) have projectile based weaponry
>>
>>32655329
They would be extremely versatile as tools.
>>
>>32654585
One of the things is canon is that because of the way the plasma moves inside the blade it causes a gyroscopic effect making the bade difficult to move.
>>
>>32655683
none of that is supposed to be the case, some have weights/gyros, others may not, ultimately it is up to the user who crafts the saber.
Either way it's repeatedly mentioned in expanded universe a shitload of times that it's incredibly fucking dangerous for non-force wielders but not impossible. In KOTOR you happen upon a Mandalorian merc who killed himself fucking with one, however in others there were non force sensitive users who used them only as tools, or as a surprise weapon - they would activate it thrusting outwards to stab/execute and then immediately deactivate it.

TLDR everybody who handles one in TFA is force sensitive, which points to Finn, he is afterall the "Awakening" in the force
>>
File: insta009.gif (627KB, 410x277px) Image search: [Google]
insta009.gif
627KB, 410x277px
>>32665781
>be random asshole
>break into some rando house looking for tv's to sell
>pitch black as fuck
>try to feel my way around
>bump into table
>ohfuck.jpg
>time to abort
>try to feel my way out of the house
>suddenly i feel a disturbance in the force
>hear heavy breathing
>suddenly pic related happens
>spend weeks adjusting to jerking off with left hand.
>>
>>32665880
More like
>Be random asshole
>Use lightsaber to liberally cut doors and windows out of my way
>Steal their TV
Literally the best lockpicking set in the world if you have a lightsaber.
>>
>>32654434
I would be far more interested in the consequences for manufacturing.

CNC lightsaber mills would be an incredible tool.
>>
>>32665896
A lightsaber would be good for the element of surprise, but not stealth.

By time you get in everyone who lives there is already armed and waiting for you.
>>
>it finally happened guys
>I nd my lightsaber and cut my balls off
>Nd thread I guess
>>
File: 4996400-9775594785-nt_sw.jpg (25KB, 425x317px) Image search: [Google]
4996400-9775594785-nt_sw.jpg
25KB, 425x317px
>>32655872

>EE shit
>EE
>>
>>32655327
Delete this
>>
>>32662780
Well optimally you would have all of it, hokey religions and ancient weapons included. It never hurts to be prepared for everything, see.

Kyle Katarn had it right.
>>
>>32655327
Well, star wars isn't stupid as a whole. Problem is that George Lucas is, and he was determined to run the whole IP to the ground.
>>
>>32662803
You mean taun-taun.
>>
>>32655327
>he doesn't like starwars
i bet you actually watched the movies.
>>
>>32662803
Tauntaun..
>>
>>32665880
Anon, you should already be adjusting to fapping with your left hand. Consider that you keep the mouse in your right hand.
>>
Lightsaber isn't a weapon. It's a space multitool.
>>
>>32656267
Cad Bane manages to hold back Obi Wan using a lightsaber in TCW. It's canon.
>>
>>32666360
I have two pcs and i use a mouse on different hands for each.
>>
File: mass effect normandy.jpg (738KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mass effect normandy.jpg
738KB, 1920x1080px
>>32655565
>h-h-how'd I do?
>>
>>32666318
>Kyle Katarn
NOT
CANON
DEATH STAR PLANS WERE RECOVERED BY SJW SQUAD NOT SPACE OBREZ BADASS
>>
File: Kyletarantino.png (191KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kyletarantino.png
191KB, 640x300px
>>32666469
Shut your fuckin mouth
>>
>>32666533
Dark forces more like dark fanfiction.
>>
>>32663551
>beam rifle

>we Geonosians now
>>
>>32666533
Dark forces and Jedi knight 1 and 2 are literally the best thing ever in the Star Wars universe
>>
File: IMG_1574.jpg (106KB, 576x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1574.jpg
106KB, 576x308px
>>32658945
Not sure what you are on about.
>>
File: 1475133110466.png (21KB, 251x215px) Image search: [Google]
1475133110466.png
21KB, 251x215px
>>32655327
>Posts one of the worst scenes in the universally-accepted worst movie of the series.
>Claims it is indicative of the series as a whole, including the original movies 20 years earlier.
>>
>>32666952
Toss KotOR 1 and 2 on that list and I'd agree completely.
>>
>>32667232
>Posts one of the worst scenes in the universally-accepted worst movie of the series.

Fuck you, II was the best of the abominations that were the new trilogy.

First one had Darth Maul, II had like 1:30 of clone army wrecking aliems, all III had was MUH FEELINGS and MY GEOGRAPHY IS SUPERIOUR TO YOURS
>>
>>32654868

This DESU. Maybe a Light-Kitchen Knife that you can have different settings for different applications and never need to sharpen too.
>>
>>32667445
>Darth Maul
Wow what a cool costume.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>32656292
It also makes a fuck ton of noise and is pretty much sun bright since it's plasma contained in a magnetic field. You'd have a higher chance of accidentally blinding yourself than not figuring out where you're pointing the blade.

That's assuming you're not trying to do this pointless twirling crap with it. The original trilogy didn't have or had little that sort of stuff because the fights were meant to feel weighty.
>>
>>32655327

That asian chick's stupid ass gyrations are 100% worse than any of the others
>>
>>32663524
Wadsworth actually.

In your megaton house in fallout 3 the robobutler tells some jokes and I'm pretty sure a photons have mass so they're catholic hahahah joke is one of them.

Hence the picture in the other guys post.
>>
>>32658945
fuck off RLM
>>
>>32665851
And yet Han Solo had no problem cutting open that Tauntaun. Luke also used one to block the training droid's lasers before he learned how to use the Force.
>>
>>32663067
Your physics illiteracy is strong. How much mass does a bullet have? How much mass does a bullet have while moving?
>inb4 you unironically say it has more while moving

Energy and mass are transmutable, not the same thing, and not "relative". You failed.

We're talking about photons, so obviously we're talking about particle physics. They're particles.

I guess now you're going to get more and more stupid with your arguments in an effort to pretend that you were trolling, right?
>>
>>32654434
Why aren't lightsabers possible again? Can't you just have some extendable stick that has super heated plasma surrounding it?
>>
>>32669534
Containment is very tricky, and it would still be a torch with a very long flame. The plasma wouldn't offer any rigidity.
>>
>>32669534
You would need some advanced hard light technology which i do believe exists at a either an atomic level or a microscopic level but you also need the energy output of a large substation or two in the palm of your hand.
>>
>>32655662
kek
>>
>>32654434
If you drop it while playing with it in your house, you're going to get a hole in the floor and possibly start a fire.
>>
>>32670482
That's why you get one with a drop safety.
>>
File: switch.png (103KB, 1018x506px) Image search: [Google]
switch.png
103KB, 1018x506px
>>32670482
Fixed
>>
>>32667559
Plasma isn't that bright.
>>
>>32655796
>be me
>be 240lb sith lord
>walk into a room full of chads and stacies
>decide to betauprising.bat
>put on my hood from my cloak so that it covers my eyes just like in the movies
>pull out lightsaber
>let out a bloodcurdling "REEEEE" while i swing at a chad
>chad punches me and has me on the floor before i can activate the lightsaber
>begin to cry about how life is unfair and that he only won because i didn't eat my daily portion of 30 tendies today
>>
File: 1479614133942.jpg (325KB, 672x1864px) Image search: [Google]
1479614133942.jpg
325KB, 672x1864px
>>32673736
Darth Spaghetti
>>
File: 1479168289124.jpg (118KB, 750x594px) Image search: [Google]
1479168289124.jpg
118KB, 750x594px
>>32654434
Still not a lead slinger so it's basically shit.

>>32666952
I concur.
>>
>>32669534
If we were that good at containing plasma fields we would use it to have portable fusion powerplants long before lightsabers got made, and then warfare would become repulsor-driven airspeeders chucking plasma bolts and railgun slugs at each other, since people can actually use those without casually dismembering themselves and each other.

...shit, that's basically Star Wars without the Jedi.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.