[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ new gun owner and looking for advice. I have a taurus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0047.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0047.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey /k/ new gun owner and looking for advice. I have a taurus pt111 that i've had about a week that i really enjoy. Unfortunately i've noticed that once it gets dirty, it's jamming once every mag or so.
>>
File: IMG_0048.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The only 9mm I have on hand is some dirt cheap and DIRTY remmington 115GR. I'm thinking this could be the cause, but I've also noticed that if I rack a round it without racking it hard i get this same jam
>>
>>32646762
Well why the fuck did you by a Taurus? It's your own damn fault.
>>
>>32646762
Get rid of it. I told all you people that these Taurus were trash along with their stupid g2 models. Get a good gun instead.
>>
So, I guess I'm asking if you guys think it's a fault of the pistol or of the shit 9mm? Could it just need hotter ammunition? I have around 140 rounds through the gun and I've been keeping it very clean in between shooting
>>
Anybody with real advice? HURR DURR ITSA TAURUS doesn't help.
>>
>>32646841
Don't buy a Taurus.
>>
>>32646830
Try some different ammo and if that doesn't work you'll just have to resign to cleaning it more often.
>>
The gun was a gift. And Hickock sure seemed to like it. Anyway, does anyone on this board know anything about firearms or are you all just twelve year olds who jump on bandwagons?
>>
>>32646867
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Should I just go for hotter stuff?
>>
>>32646877
Hickock likes anything.he even likes the hipoint.taurus is a problem child and buying anything from them is risky.only thing i can recommend is oil the shit out of it and keep shooting it.you have to break it in.
>>
>>32646877
band wagon, has a gun he cleans between shooting only 140 rounds and it jams

yeah band wagon

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2668
>>
>>32646762
not even memeing, but I have a lot of experience with brasilblasters. the smith revolver clones they make are great. the pt92/99 is superior to the beretta in my opinion because of the frame mount safety decocker and has mec gar mags too.

their original designs, however, such as the judge/circuit judge, pt111 and pt247 are very mediocre. They have trouble ejecting, have severe performance issues for 2 generations before being fixed, low life expectancy magazines and extractors, terrible safeties and in the case of the circuit judge, a cylinder gap that burns your supporting hand.

it doesn't help that your shooting trash ammo either. I always avoid wwb/rem bulk ammo because it's dirty and doesn't perform as consistent as cheap pmc or blazer
>>
>>32646762
lot of ppl hate on tarus but they are good brand just as good as any high end glock sig hk or the likes. just keep shooting and use bore butter to smooth it up when it gets dirty
>>
>>32646888
OP, please tell us:
>approx. Number of rounds the gun has fired
>about how many rounds you can get through before it starts jamming
>the type of jam

And hopefully we'll get you a better answer
>>
>>32647883
already answer this move along lumploaf find another forum for that crap
>>
>>32646762
What jamming? Double feed, failure to feed, failure to fire? Depending on the failure, it could be different things.
>>
Actual former pt111 owner here. Decent gun but there were seirous quality control issues with them. Try different ammo, mine liked privi and fiochi well. Did not like remington or cci. Federal champion was best. I like taurus but only the revolvers nowadays. Good luck anon.
>>
>>32646830
i have one. They take a bit to break in, but in general its not worth considering a gun as a "problem" gun until you have a healthy 200-300 through it.

i mean if mine ate Tula all day after an aggressive break in period, yours should be ok. check feed lips, clean and lightly oil the polished feed ramps too.
>>
>>32648142
as a side note OP, you know you dont want to ride the slide forward slowly right? you generally want to pull it back all the way and let it slam forward; let the spring and potential energy do the work.
>>
>buys shitty gun
>buys shitty ammo
>why is my gun not working good?
It's not elitism or being snobs, there are reasons taurus and remington gets not much love
>>
>>32647808
>t. huenigger

>>32647898
kys

>>32647922
THIS

Also:
>Taurus
>>
>>32648142
This.

If you buy a taurus auto expect a break in period.
>>
>>32646762
>once it gets dirty
Clean it. Solid advice for all guns.
>>
>>32646904
What are you talking about? Hickok hated the Hipoint
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.