[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain why these parts kits are astronomically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-38-19.png (862KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-38-19.png
862KB, 1440x2560px
Can someone please explain why these parts kits are astronomically expensive?

>pls no bully

What am I missing here? I want to assemble an AK47/varient. But this is the polar opposite of AR parts kits.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-43-56.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-13-09-43-56.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
I dont even see a receiver
Wtf?
>>
Buy a deactivated one for $200. Depending on who deactivated it and where you could end up with a parts kit for next to nothing. Even if you get a very permanently damaged one, you'll only need a barrel and some screws.
>>
>>32632220
Economies of scale. There is a much smaller American market for hard to build AK kits than for lego tier AR parts.
>>
These are stupid expensive because the have original Russian barrels (supposedly). PLO captured rifles were Russian made, and demilled to be sold as parts kits. Since this was before the barrel ban they retained the intact Russian barrel, and are highly collectible.

I don't himk they'll get the price they're asking, but they are premium parts kits. Personally I'd get a Polish parts kit and one of those Polish import barrels and have it threaded. Should turn out to be a super nice rifle.
>>
Actual Russian parts kits are banned for import to the US, so they are extremely expensive. The East German parts kit is expensive because East Germany doesn't exist anymore.

It's kid of like how Finnish Mosins are sold for like 5x the amount a normal mosin is for historical value.
>>
>>32632220
>Can someone please explain why these parts kits are astronomically expensive?
because Ivan Drago is a moneygrubbing joo and prices everything 3-50x their value because he has already bought up most everything and is the only one with stuff left for sale
>>
File: the office gif 3.gif (1000KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
the office gif 3.gif
1000KB, 500x280px
ALLOW ME TO WHISK YOU AWAY TO THE SHITTY PROCESS OF AK IMPORTSSSS!! WOOOOOSHSHSSHHSH

Welcome to America, the land of the free! Where you can have any guns you want, from where you want, unless of course it's from a sanctioned country where we refuse to accept guns from, then yur fucked.

The process of importing ak's is kinda fucked, in order to get it to america or other countries is by de-firearming it. Because the firearm is defined by receiver, the process is garbage. ESSENTIALLY, cut the receiver in half, strip out the portion where trigger mechanisms go, strip out trigger then ship it to AMERICA!!

What do you mean cut it in half?? Literally that, some douche either sodders it in half, or cuts it with a fucking mechanical saw.

Once here, the process of putting your rifle together is pretty shit, basically get a new receiver, or weld on new parts, then assemble the gun again.

>Massively different than ARs

>YEP

This is why so few people 'build' AKs
>>
>>32632220
Because faggot

RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>32632233
That's because parts kit's don't come with receivers. Good luck bulding an AK if you don't have ecent welding abilities and some previous experience doing it and being trained by someone competent. AK's are MUCH harder to build than AR's are.
>>
>>32632277
>It's kid of like how Finnish Mosins are sold for like 5x the amount a normal mosin is for historical value.
finnish mosins were rebuilt by the fins and are a few times better than a 91/30
>>
File: 1483747931569.png (762KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
1483747931569.png
762KB, 612x816px
>>32632220
While most AK parts kits have doubled or tripled in price over the past few years as a result of drying up, those prices are stupid.

>>32632352
You really don't need to be very good at welding, you just can't suck at it. Spot welding is really pretty simple, none of the rails on any of my builds show any sign of separation from the receiver walls, including my Polish AKMS that has somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 rounds through it.
>>
>>32632220
>tfw complete DDR ak's cost less than $1000 in switzerland
>>
>>32632220
fuck i mite need to scoop that
>>
>>32632454
>wanting a better 91/30
>>
File: 1484293091163.gif (1MB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
1484293091163.gif
1MB, 300x272px
>>32632220
The fuck? Go to ak parts or something the parts kits are much much cheaper. You can also get a complete receiver from Atlantic firearms.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.