[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Gee bill why did they let you have three optics?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

>"Gee bill why did they let you have three optics?"

Seriously what is the purpose of this? I get the spectre and red dot on top, but the eotech in front? Literally half the weight of the gun is matched by optics. Do the Brits have too much money or something?
>>
Based on the angle of the eotech, it might be for grenades.
>>
He's being punished for not putting enough scrim on his helmet, obviously.
>>
>>32629017
Looks canted for use as a grenade launcher sight, but that's dumb because grenade launchers have such a big arc that it won't be accurate except at a very specific range. Grenade irons would actually be better than that optic.

So, in conclusion I think it's a silly Bong being silly.
>>
File: m203_7.jpg (84KB, 650x570px) Image search: [Google]
m203_7.jpg
84KB, 650x570px
>>32631443
those sights generally can be adjusted for angle
>>
The bongs fucked up big with the L85. With all the money they put into development of a heavier bullpup AR18 clone, they could have just gotten cheap M16s.
>>
It is a britbong grenade launcher meme, and it can be adjusted for angle.
>>
>>32629031
>>32629017
>one is for going pew pew and the other is for going boom boom
>>
Offtopic but I can't get over how fucking ugly the bong wedge is
>>
File: land2010.jpg (144KB, 398x600px) Image search: [Google]
land2010.jpg
144KB, 398x600px
>>32631740
>>32633334
>>32631443
>>32629031
correct, pic related
>>
>TFW the UGL I used had irons.
>TFW all the SA80's I used had cylindrical charging handle.
>TFW I preferred the SLR anyway...
>>
>>32629017
The eotech is silly. You have to wonder whether he actually wanted it on his rifle or because some idiot pencil pusher officer made it standard/mandatory.
>>
>>32635893
Yeah, modern grenade launcher optics and sights are out of control. Most experienced grenadiers I knew didn't use any of that anyway and just eyeballed/walked them on target.

Really somebody should just figure out mounting some flip up ladder grenade sights or an adjusting RMR on top of the primary optic.
>>
>>32636264
>Really somebody should just figure out mounting some flip up ladder grenade sights or an adjusting RMR on top of the primary optic.
Why not just put flip-up irons on the launcher?
>>
>>32636545
You have to offset them to the side. It is bulky.
>>
>>32636994
>You have to offset them to the side.
And?

>It is bulky.
How so? I'm talking about something like the bastard child of a yugo GL sight and a spring-loaded BUIS, except side-mounted.
>>
>>32637049

That exact thing exists. I was lamating that I wished sights could be mounted on top of optics to get rid of their bulk.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.