[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has nobody made a pistol using the gas delayed blowback system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: steyrgb04.jpg (164KB, 785x570px) Image search: [Google]
steyrgb04.jpg
164KB, 785x570px
Why has nobody made a pistol using the gas delayed blowback system of a Steyr GB?
>Simpler than the HK P7s design, and doesn't burn your hands shooting
>Allows for a very low bore axis
>Fixed barrel, recoils softer, easier to rack than a short recoil
Seems like a Glock killer to me.
>>
>>32626014
Because there's no money in designing new things, when everybody just wants the same old Glock off.
>>
>>32626014
>Those 80s A E S T H E T I C S
Still, fuck cleaning carbon shit out of your fun every few hundred rounds.
>>
>>32627083
Is grabbing a beer and rewatching MASH while cleaning not good enough for you?
>>
>>32627083
>guns are hard, the post
>>
>>32627727
>MASH
My absolute nigga
>>
>>32627743
Glocks aren't.
>>
>>32626014
Walter ccp?
>>
>>32626014
GB 18 lost the Austrian military contractvto the Glock which started the whole glock saga.
M8 had one.
Smooth recoil action due to the gas delay.
Big mag capacity
Fixed barrel accuracy over browning tilt designs
>a lost opportunity
>>
>>32629272
The Steyr improved upon the P7/CCP design simply by moving the piston around the barrel instead of under it.
>>
>>32629539
Wouldn't it just heat up the slide then?
>>
>>32626014
one of the guns on my i want it list, right after a proper jericho 941 and just ahead of a SCAR
>>
>>32628909
Well man. some people like to have an object they never have to interact with other than to use for its intended function.

We call them apple users, prius drivers, and company.

Then you have those who dont mind opening up and maintaining their product, which is more time intensive, but often delivers a more satisfying user experience and somewhat higher quality operation; for the kind of person who choose to seek out such a product.

You, are the kind of person who uses an Iphone, Imac, and doesn't want to "fiddle" with things because its hard.
>>
>>32630103
you still have to clean other guns, just less often. Gas blowback aren't magically better, they get hot around the gas chamber and they need more cleaning. It's a tradeoff like any other design
>>
>>32626014
>gas blowback
>softer recoil
choose only one
>>
>>32631108
Give a few engineers a Walther CCP and tell them to figure out how it's Soft Coil tech works, then apply it to the pistol.
>>
German Company make a Clone of the Steyer GB

http://www.ssd-weapon.com/p18-mit-schalld%c3%a4mpfer.html
>>
>>32632033
>New manufacture Steyr GB
>A tacticool FG42 knockoff
What in the actual fuck is that company, and why have I not heard of them?
>>
>>32627782
>second this
MASH, I'm on season 5 episode 17 atm
>>
>>32630103
>Well man. some people like to have an object they never have to interact with other than to use for its intended function.
>
>We call them apple users

I own and build my own PCs and have literally only ever had to open one for maintenance once after like 6 years of not working on it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.