[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm finishing up my college degree and I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: General Charles Gordon.jpg (439KB, 1046x1359px) Image search: [Google]
General Charles Gordon.jpg
439KB, 1046x1359px
I'm finishing up my college degree and I'm thinking about joining the Army as an officer. What are /K/'s thoughts on the matter? My degree was in Interactive Media (video game design) and I was wondering if you had any suggestions about where I could best apply those skills to better serve my country.

(Bonus points if you can identify the man in the picture)
>>
>>32623962
>(Bonus points if you can identify the man in the picture)
Nigger you have his name in the fucking filename
>>
>>32623962
lol you can help make advertisements for their PR department
>>
>>32623962
Combat camera.
>>
>>32623981
yeah, that's what I get for not looking at the file names before I post them. Guess that's what I get for being day drunk.
>>
>>32624011
is combat camera open to officers? I thought that was enlisted only.
>>
>>32624048
Do enlisted need leaders?
>>
File: 1463439147823.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1463439147823.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
>>32623981

>1st reply
>fucking lost it

well done
>>
File: download (1).jpg (13KB, 340x148px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
13KB, 340x148px
>>32623962
>>
>>32624095
OP here, I laughed pretty hard too.

>>32624127
So I'll get to be the guy who wastes everyone's time with power points while getting paid more than everyone who has to listen to it? Sounds good to me. Can anyone tell me where I can get a bunch of heavily pixelated clip art?
>>
>>32624196

If by getting paid more you mean making $50k/year lol

Of course that's assuming you actually get picked up... your degree is bullshit and isn't going to be well received by either OCS/WOCS (both heavily favor STEM)

When they are hurting for bodies they'll take any fuck with a degree (theater, philosophy, basket weaving) but it's not like that anymore. Honestly you'd be lucky if you got picked up and randomly assigned into some under strength branch let alone getting to choose what you want.

not trying to be mean, but you need to be realistic.
>>
>>32623962
I was gonna do this. Wanna be a lawyer now. Anyone know if army navy accept history degrees for people wanting to be officers?
>>
>>32624316
OP here, the degree isn't totally bullshit, I did a lot of programming in order to get it. But I get what you're saying. What would help me to be more competitive?
>>
>>32624427

kudos for not being salty, thick skin will help you in the military

honestly your best bet is just calling some recruiters and getting the process started, while doing that you should get in shape if you aren't already (run + bodyweight exercises)
>>
>>32624996
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. So I should shoot for 100% on the PFT, right?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.