[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm posting this here because I don't know where else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to post it.

I am a sophomore at a state school and I hate it. I did well my first two semester but this past semester I shit the bed. I can't change majors because if I change now I won't graduate on time and I won't have enough money to finish. I commute and work two jobs just to be able to go.

I want to join the Navy. I took 4 years of NJROTC and have well over 40 credits so I'd finish bootcamp as an E3.

I was wondering if anyone else on here dropped out to join?
What branch?
would you recommend doing it?

any and all advice please /k/ommandos
>>
>>32620878
Finish college you pathetic piece of shit, even with a 2.0 GPA. A degree is better than no degree, and then you can enlist if you want. Don't fuck yourself because you're afraid of schoolwork.
>>
Suck it up, finish college with good grades, join as an officer.

20 years as enlisted is a horrible fate. Less than 20 is a waste of time because you'll come out 4-10 years later and be at the exact place you are now.
20-30 years as an officer eating better food, sleeping in better beds with better on shore housing and more pay 4 years in then a senior chief with 20ys is the only way to go if your smart.

t. 4 and out enlisted SONAR tech
>>
File: hug.webm (841KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
hug.webm
841KB, 360x360px
>>32620930
this

You can do it!
>>
I was in a similar situation OP

>be 19
>freshman at best private college in the state
>unfortunately i fell for the liberal arts meme
>college is not what i expected
>as a music performance major i am required to take art history III first semester
>2 hours of staring at powerpoints of paintings from the renaissance and having to name painter, year painted, style painted in, etc
>drop out of college after first semester
>join army
>fly helicopters
>do some cool stuff
>get out nearly 9 years later
>have most of an aviation degree finished
and now im just finishing prereqs before getting more FAA ratings. it may be wiser to get your degree first but you will have benefits and the maturity to really excel in school if you wait.
>>
>>32620930
Not OP. What, if any, are the benefits of enlisting with a degree? What kind of GPA do you need to have a serious chance of being able to get a commission?
>>
>>32620987
E-4 promotion in the army, thats about it. You can't enlist as an officer, you'd have to go through OCS if you didn't do ROTC in college and OCS is much tougher to get into and competitive.
>>
>>32620987
The benefits are what >>32620996
said.

Also, if your fucking knees explode, you can get a civilian career. Prepare for your future, don't chop yourself off at the waist.
>>
>>32621006
nearly all soldiers, even POGs get some sort of disability
>>
I dropped out to join the Air Force, retired, and would happily do again. I went back to college for fun (welding and CNC machining) on Uncle Sugar's dime afterwards. I don't need to work so I don't.

The other services exist to suffer horribly. I recommend not suffering horribly. Most of your career is spent at peace, so choose accordingly. Recruiters routinely send those who don't qualify for the Air Force down the hall to the other services who are glad to get them. Don't get me wrong, every service has sharp people but the others need too many warm bodies to be overly selective.

Visit a variety of military forums and learn your options.
>>
>>32621160
>most of your career is spent at peace
>longest war in history, 16 years and counting
> and implying any semi high speed job in any military branch will accept warm bodies
listen zoomie, keep your misinformation to yourself.
>>
>>32620930
>didn't even read my post
I'm a math major. I go to a highly populated STEM school. I need to retake a class that is ultra high demand to get into my major, so I'll likely take it in summer. I'm not abandoning ship yet, merely considering my options. Believe me this, I'm not afraid of schoolwork, like I said I have two fucking jobs and go to school full time. I just hate my life, wanted to enlist out of HS but decided to go to school last minute.
Took a Navy ASVAB in hs and cleared for Nuke, the recruiter was up my ass for 2 months afterwards.
t. OP
>>
>>32621358
you're nearly halfway done with school already, might be smart to stay.why dont you look into ROTC at your college and see if it interests you? i can guarantee you serving as an officer is a million times better than being enlisted.
>>
>>32621379
That's not a terrible idea, and it's been a thought before. My only reservation is that I am really deadset on the Navy and they offer Army ROTC here. I know it's non-binding, however I am unsure if doing AROTC will aid me in any way to joining the Navy as an Officer.
>>
>>32621394
so if your school doesnt offer NROTC i guarantee they have some sort of partnership with another nearby institution that does.
>>
>>32621404
Negative Raptorman. I may as well just tell you, I go to Stony Brook University, on Long Island. According to the NROTC website the nearest campus is Cornell, over 10 hours away
>>
>>32621411
checked. then i suggest looking into navy OCS. your junior and senior years of ROTC commit you to your commission and transferring branches isnt easy, plus you'd have to wait at least a couple of years because i know only captains or promotable 1LTs can branch transfer in the army. what is it exactly you want to do in the navy?
>>
>>32621427
Well given how I did on my ASVAB(which I believe the scores either don't expire or are good for 5 years, not sure) I'd like to do nuke, Crypto, or Intel. Like I said I major in Math, so my math based scores were good, I think I got a perfect score on the reading and word association,
>>
>>32621450
you need to look at the /meg/ thread thats always on here, youre bound to get more specific info for the jobs youre looking at. just so you know, you can do all of those jobs except nuke in the other branches.
>>
>>32621519
I don't browse /k/ too often, I'll be sure to check those out. As far as the other branches, I just really love the Navy. I like big engineering and ships and airplanes. Also in all honesty I don't think I have what it takes to be in the Army/Marines. Call me a faggot, pussy, pansy, whatever helps you sleep at night, but if I join it's Navy or bust.
>>
File: an hero.jpg (16KB, 420x525px) Image search: [Google]
an hero.jpg
16KB, 420x525px
>>32620987
3.5+ for shit degree, less for STEM.
>>
>>32621358
You're a massive pussy. Finish that degree and get your pHD and become a 300k a year CEO you fucking memefag
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.