[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the RS556 rifle made by Rheinmetall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: RS556-Sturmgewehr-rechts.jpg (46KB, 1800x599px) Image search: [Google]
RS556-Sturmgewehr-rechts.jpg
46KB, 1800x599px
What do you guys think of the RS556 rifle made by Rheinmetall and Steyr Mannlicher to replace the HK G36 in German armed forces?

It's advertised as a more modern alternative to the G36 but I absolutely fail to see what makes the RS556 more modern. It uses the same type of action (short stroke gas piston) in an AR-15 type body and as far as I can tell they didn't even take full advantage of the piston system by getting rid of the buffer tube.

What are your thoughts?
>>
>>32620807
OP i have no thoughts what so ever on your rifle but I did have a question that I didnt want to start a new thread for.

Weapon lights. I mount my light under my muzzle. It doesnt cast a shadow, doesnt get any dirtier than anywhere else. Why do guys mount lights on the side? Ive never seen anyone except in movies with the light mounted under the barrel. What gives?
>>
>>32620830
If the light is mounted to the right side of the rifle, it's pretty easy and comfortable to manipulate with your fingers. If it's under the barrel you might have to change your grip o operate it properly. Just my hypothesis.
>>
>>32620863
I use a vertical grip. I actuate it with my knuckle, or if I actually have time I can just finger fuck it on. I only use on/off lights no strobe.
>>
File: 1481784777457.jpg (15KB, 348x350px) Image search: [Google]
1481784777457.jpg
15KB, 348x350px
>>32620807
>piston AR

When will this meme die already
>>
>>32620830
The theory is that you want your light to see what your barrel and your sights see. Which is why you mount it between them.
>>
>>32620915
but mounting it under puts everything in a line.

It doesnt really matter, I was just curious why it seemed I was the only one doing this. Thanks for the input guys.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1483771333443.jpg (243KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483771333443.jpg
243KB, 2048x1536px
>>32620950
Here is my rifle without my gangsta grip for reference btw.
>>
>>32620950
It does matter, and having it inline isn't really important. You want your light to be able to see what your sights can see and what your bullet can hit.

I am not talking about mounting it on the side either, I am talking about mounting it between the sights and the barrel. The make cantilever setups that bring the lights closer to your barrel.

Also don't forget about being able to use your rifle from cover and resting it on cover.

Try your setup in a class, and you will see why it is no longer a popular way to setup your gun.
>>
>>32620959
They make rails that attach to the circles on the top of that hand guard. Regardless you are negatively effecting the harmonics on that barrel by hanging a light off of it.
>>
>>32620908
>DI AR-15s
>Existing ever
When will the not being able to identify internal inline piston weapons meme die?
>>
>>32620990
It hasn't affected my combat accuracy at all. I've never tried bench shooting so I have no idea if it's fucking with it on that level. I like my mount. Simple. Affective. Not stupid expensive.
>>
>>32620981
>try using your gun in a class youll see
>OIF vet june - december

Yeah, no Ill keep using it the way I prefer, but thank you for the input.
>>
File: Taschenlampe.jpg (410KB, 1301x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Taschenlampe.jpg
410KB, 1301x1600px
>>32620830
>Mounting a light to a gun
It's like you want to get shot.
>>
>>32620807
Well lets see

Pros:
>isnt made mostly of plastic
>doesn't have a fucking plastic trunion
>doesn't have the ridiculous carry handle
>much thicker barrel that wont loose accuracy past 200 meters when it heats up

Cons:
>Its a fucking piston AR
>Carrier tilt (probably)
>Bayonet lug on barrel

I'll say this, I'd much rather run into battle with the RS556 than a (((G36)))
>>
>>32621187
>carrier tilt
>2017
>>
>case based ammo
When will this meme end?
>>
>>32621187
>believing ((their)) lies about the G36
Whatever goy
>>
>>32621222
As soon as they find a way to manage the heat issue.
>>
>>32620908
>piston AR
You brought this upon us americlaps. All new service rifles from now until infantry is replaced by robots will be piston ARs. I hope you're happy.
>>32621187
Is the bayonet lug on the barrel a problem? Btw. german army doesn't even use bayonets, so it'll likely disappear from the end product.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.