[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the US elect to build a armored apc that can be destroyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: It's a bradly, Just better.jpg (107KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
It's a bradly, Just better.jpg
107KB, 640x480px
Why did the US elect to build a armored apc that can be destroyed by weapons of the last world war?

Bradly can be destroyed by a sherman and ironically has the same amount of armor as one.
>>
>>32620423
Because it's not meant to be a fucking tank?

It's fast, armored, durable against RPGs, small arms, IEDs and mines, carries troops and proceeds to support said troops with anti-personnel and anti-tank wepaons.
>>
ok gents place your bets chinese or russian poster place your bets here

2-1 its chinese with australian bringing 14-1 odds
>>
>>32620423
>why did the US elect to build a armored apc that can be destroyed by weapons of the last world war?
Because they knew you'd make the same shitpost thread multiple times you filthy leaf.
>>
>>32620437
>durable against RPGs
No.
>>32620437
>small arms
Maybe.
>>32620437
>IEDs
No
>>32620437
>mines
No.
>>32620437
>carries troops
If you count ammo as troops.
>>
>>32620444
Checked
I call day/k/are
>>
>>32620423
Many APCs or IFVs made in the 1980s can be penned by a 75mm gun. What's your point?
>>
Has anyone built any IFVs armored better than the bradley? Not including new prototype heavy IFVs.
>>
>>32620453
>I do not know what slat armor and armor kits are
>>
>>32620444
>>32620464

My bet is he just found Pentagon Wars the movie. And now he takes everything in it seriously. Everything.
>>
>>32620521
On an airport parking shuttle...lel
>>
>>32620521
Try it against a IED or a Modern ATGM.
>>
>>32620537
Hell, if I had an airport parking shuttle that was equipped with a 25mm gun, withstand shots from vehicles of equal standing, packing rockets, all while wrecking Iraqi tanks, shit I'd be set for life.
>>
File: 417136-alexfas01.jpg (327KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
417136-alexfas01.jpg
327KB, 1280x853px
Tanks of 1930 to 1970/80s period are generally armed to fight other tanks. (exceptions, Infantry tanks (exception Churchill (EXCEPTION CROCODILE) and similarly heavily armed and armoured "Infantry tanks) AA turreted tanks. so on so on.) from 1940 the tanks of the time had guns to fight the other tanks of the time. they also had armour to duke it out fairly (more or less.) evenly. then heavy tanks like the Tiger come around and suddenly the guns had to be more powerful and the armour thicker.
it goes on and on. basically a Tiger II 105mm can fuck any modern MBT with an AP round. but Nobody uses the Tiger II any more, Panzers, Shermans and similar tanks used in the desert may still be active in places like Israel,. but those tank wars are a little different.
Modern tanks like the leopard, the T90, and the others are desinged to meet the changing battlefields. they are Fast, decently protected, Have good armour sloping and even better guns. but more often modern tanks fight against infantry or emplacements. different story in places like Ukraine where Armoured fighting is a norm.
TL;DR you're an idiot. Old tanks Kicked every bodies asses. Moderns kick ass in a different flavour.
>>
>>32620509

I think the German Puma IFV with maximum add on protection might, but simply because it's newer. The Ajax is coming soon as well, and that is a heavy design.

Regardless this is pointless. It is resistant to; artillery fragments, IFV cannons, and light RPGs, while having enough firepower to take on anything it might meet on the battlefield. It overmatches all the BMP family, and will hold its own against newer IFVs until it is replaced.

The Bradley is not suited for COIN, but it wasn't designed for that, so the criticism is pointless.
>>
>>32620551
wheelbase would get you stuck
>>
You know more T72s were destroyed by brads than abrams in the gulf war right
>>
>>32620423
I'm sure you have the statistics and calculations to back up your claims, especially since you've made this thread multiple times now, right?
>>
shocking news, IFVs have less armor than MBTs do, more at 11
>>
>>32620573

>a Tiger II 105mm can fuck any modern MBT with an AP round

Bait for the bait god.
>>
>>32620545
So what vehicle withstands IEDs and modern ATGMs better?
>>
>>32620573
>basically a Tiger II 105mm can fuck any modern MBT with an AP round
Oh you. That shitty gun can't penetrate even 300mm RHA. Most tanks after 50-60's had way more armour in the upper/lower glacis.

Wehraboo pls.
>>
>>32621267
I'll blame that on the ammo
Obsolete solid core APBC-CR is hot garbage compared to any sabot ever.
>>
It actually looks like a prisoner transport. Guys, I'm scared.
>>
File: BATTLEBUUUUUUUUUUUUS.jpg (214KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
BATTLEBUUUUUUUUUUUUS.jpg
214KB, 1366x768px
>>32620423
BATTLE BUS BEST BUS
>>
>>32620423
Wtf is this thing? Looks like somebody took battle bus literally.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.