[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/'s take on the Hellcat pack? It's an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: iu-4.jpg (196KB, 909x557px) Image search: [Google]
iu-4.jpg
196KB, 909x557px
What's /k/'s take on the Hellcat pack? It's an ALICE pack and frame with MOLLE straps, kidney pad, and sleep system carrier.

It seems like a good budget setup, but it's hard to find matching colors, which could be fixed with some green dye.
>>
>>32612804
Looks like utter shit. Go for it poorfaggot. I'll be buying a modern backpack system not a budget friendly regurgitated shit
>>
Just stick with the normal Alice frame and normal Alice pad. That garbage ass pad is exactly why everyone wants to use the ALICE instead. That is literly what makes the new packs such ass. If your that upset with the normal Alice pad then throw a peice of sleeping mat on it
>>
>>32612804
tactical tailor Malice
>>
>>32612827
>Looks like utter shit.
It's works well. You just haven't used it. As for your modern backpack, good luck finding something with an external frame that as easy to fix as ALICE

>>32612903
>Just stick with the normal Alice frame and normal Alice pad. That garbage ass pad is exactly why everyone wants to use the ALICE instead.
>>garbage ass pad
No, the replacement kidney pad and shoulder straps are superior.

It works OP. Go for it. It's easy to set up as well
>>
>>32613160
this.

All the tactailor ruck rehaul/addons are fucking great.
>>
>>32612827
You sound like the guy that has a closet full of spotless hillpeople/TT/flat packs.

Also like you don't leave the house ever
>>
>>32612827
thanks for your input. now go set yourself on fire.
>>
>>32612804
junk
>>
Buy an all new woodland USGI medium ALICE pack w/ MOLLE straps/pads from Ebay, send the pack to Tactical Tailor to sew in Fastex buckles and a hydration pouch, and throw it on a new FILBE frame. You now have a brand new practically indestructible combat pack that can do everything you need it to do for about $100.
>>
File: 1483222324068.jpg (38KB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
1483222324068.jpg
38KB, 480x309px
>>32612827
Youre a faggot.
>>
>>32612804
>Not buying a ILBE
U srs?
>>
ILBE is infinitely more versatile and better than ALICE. Also, this guy is right >>32612827, ALICE is fine but there are a lot better options out there, like ILBE
>>
>>32618879
The medium ALICE is the ideal size. Anything bigger and you will weigh yourself down with useless shit. The pouch layout is a proven design. I suppose you could add exterior pouches to an ILBE. However, that would mean versatile is simply another word for incomplete and inferior. The ALICE already has the ideal pouch layout, according to people with experience.
>>
>>32612804
Don't get a malice pack if you want a super cool Alice pack.

The kidney pad is shit

Source: After OSUT I refused to use the issued molle ruck ever again.

Stick with Alice or go for Malice or get a modern system
>>
File: received_10207771265350656.gif (229KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
received_10207771265350656.gif
229KB, 500x375px
I like mine, used ebay to get all bdu pieces. Use it for ruck marches and field ops, hasnt let me down yet. Just not as much space as the molle system which for me is fine because i try to pack smarter. I use the newer smaller bdu communications bag and it fits with the molle sleep system carrier perfectly. Useing a standard medium alice may make your sleep system sag a little low and flop if you arent a good packer.
If threads still up ill take pics, also will dissassemble and reassmeble for you guys for other future hellcat owners. So stay alive superfriends...
>>
File: fullilbe.jpg (152KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
fullilbe.jpg
152KB, 1155x1155px
>>32618879
I bought a Gen 2 ILBE like 5 years back, I was pumped because it was $45 bucks for a nearly complete (minus assault pack and radio shelf) copy of a $900 Dead Bird pack.
It was my first internal frame pack, grew up with a Jansport scout external frame, but internals became the "in" thing a little while back. I hate that ILBE for backpacking. It is too heavy empty and too large for a weekend trip. I use it as a packbasket on the trapline now, I don't care about throwing rusty traps or stinky wet beavers in it. The cordura construction is bulletproof so it can stand up to the rigors of the trapline.
I bought a medium Alice pack on a frame and an extra frame and shelf a couple years ago. I love the versatility of the frame and pack. I can carry my clothes, tent, etc to camp, then ruck in my water cans, then pack out elk quarters all with the same pack. OP's setup could benefit from a higher quality civvy kidney belt, I'd imagine, but otherwise, great idea. It is the versatility of ALICE packs that allow you to adapt your setup to the task at hand.
>>
Who makes aftermarket kidney pads besides TT?
>>
>>32612804
I backpacked with one for years (with a sleep system on the frame under the med pack for ~55L capacity). Better than stock ALICE and a really good bag. The radio pocket makes a decent spot for a hydration bladder. I also have a MOLLE shotgun scabbard on the right side of it and quick release buckles on the main closure.

The downside is it's considerably heavier than my 85L REI pack that has better weight distribution and sucks down extremely well when it's not filled to capacity.

PROTIP: Get woodland or OD MOLLE II straps/belt and your pack won't look like ass (as that one does).
>>
>>32618388
>>32618879
Where's a good place to buy an ILBE? Most of the ones on eBay are overpriced or missing a bunch of pieces.
>>
>>32620903
It's made by propper ya dunce
>>
>>32621616
allegheny sells VG main packs for 50USD. iirc you get everything except for the assault pack at that price.
>>
Its not pretty but fuck it, its got the metal frame It'll work.
>>
>>32620934
bump
>>
OP here. Thanks, everyone. I ordered a complete ILBE set with the ruck, assault pack, hydration pouch, radio bag, and cap.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.