[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /k/. So I was curious. Anyone know the laws for guns on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: naval gun.jpg (27KB, 330x240px) Image search: [Google]
naval gun.jpg
27KB, 330x240px
Hi, /k/.

So I was curious. Anyone know the laws for guns on boats? Civilian, specifically.

Is it some special international law thing? Are Americans under the umbrella of their own laws for having armed civilian boats?

Because I know American citizens can own cannons. You don't need a license or a permit for a muzzle loading one, but you do need paperwork and permits and license for breech loading cannons. And the propellant is illegal.

But what about for naval guns? Could a civilian with their own boat legally mount big barrels and lug around big shells?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1483719195072.jpg (22KB, 480x676px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483719195072.jpg
22KB, 480x676px
>>32612396
Google
>>
>>32612396

the law is if u see a chinesse u have to shoot them
>>
>>32612432
>chinesse

i through it was " any sort of living species that show a liking to communism "

maybe that big book of naval laws from the 80s are not so usefull anymore ...
>>
>>32612432
>>32612464
I like these laws!
>>32612427
whuh. Silly.
>>
>>32612396
I'm interested in this as well. I know anything above .50 cal is restricted, but .950 jdj has a sporting exemption. I wouldn't mind mounting a .950 breech loaded on a sailing boat.
>>
>>32612396
I think it's legal to have muzzle loading cannons since they're antique firearms.
>>
>>32612396
I'm interested as well. I know blank firing cannons are legal.
>>
>>32612396

If your ship is armed, you'll be refused entry at almost every international port, as they'll assume you're a pirate. If you attempt to dock, the nation's navy will impound your ship.
>>
>>32616478
Even US ports if you have a muzzle loading cannon? I see a bunch of yachts with 10ga signaling cannons.
>>
ok, away from canons and artillery... what about small arms.
If I am sailing from America to Europe and I have my AR, and a few handguns onboard, can I legally dock in Italy, France or the UK?
>>
File: 1375799034559.jpg (191KB, 720x765px) Image search: [Google]
1375799034559.jpg
191KB, 720x765px
>>32616705
Only if you want a weapons smuggling charge.

There is a reason shipboard security companies throw their weapons overboard before making port.
>>
>>32616841
well that is lame. So i either have to sail the open seas unarmed, or travel with throwaway guns... there should be some sort of provision
>>
>>32617000
There usually is. What it may be will vary from place to place. Some places will require weapons to be secured aboard eg. in a safe, others may impound them, others will allow you to wave them drunkenly and not give a shit.

Regardless of guns, check the laws of the places you go, and declare anything they require. It's normally not too hard to find out.
>>
>>32617000
Maverick 88 seems perfect for that since it's so cheap. That or maybe a Hi Point carbine.
>>
>>32617231
>Hi Point carbine.
Ehermagerd. I would die a happy man if I could see Maersk security drive off a dinghy full of Somalis using 9mm Hi-Point carbines.
>>
>>32617576
>>
>>32616478
Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

In international waters the laws of the ships flagged country apply.

When going into harbour most countries customs will either seal the guns into your shipboard safe or hold them until you leave the country. Some countries will ship them from port to port for you if your country exit port is different to your entry port. Others wont.

Best talking to the country you are going to first.
>>
>>32619985
>When going into harbour most countries customs will either seal the guns into your shipboard safe or hold them until you leave the country. Some countries will ship them from port to port for you if your country exit port is different to your entry port. Others wont.
so if I were to enter a port with a ship that has OP pic related mounted on deck, the customs will remove the whole turret and hold it until I leave port?
>>
>>32616841
>live near a major shipping port near troubled waters
>buy a number of the biggest fishing nets i can
>rent scuba gear
>fit the biggest catchnet under the waterline i can
>every few days, check the net for weapons
>have an armory that could outfit an army in a year

Going to do this now lads
>>
BLAM BLAM
THATS THE SOUND OF A 12 GAUGE

http://www.cruisingworld.com/destinations/attacked-pirates
>>
>>32620378

Badass.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.