[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here works or has worked nightshift? How do you go shooting/hobbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: DSC01290-121294.jpg (54KB, 674x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01290-121294.jpg
54KB, 674x900px
Who here works or has worked nightshift? How do you go shooting/hobbies when dealing with it?

My work schedule is currently tuesday 4pm to 12pm, then thursday, friday and saturday, 9pm to 5 am the following morning.
I get the rest of sunday, monday and wednesday off.

I don't own land or have access to blm land so don't even mention it faggots.

The range I'm a member of is running on winter schedule, 8am to 5pm. I sleep from 10am to 5pm.

How the hell am I suppose to go shooting.

I've thought of just not sleeping and stay up all "night" but I'm tree as fuck and I'm afraid it'll fuck me up while shooting.
>>
Wake up early on your off days and go shooting?
>>
>>32610527
I can't fall asleep at all before 10am, and I can't seem to easily wake up before 3pm at the latest.

The range is also an hour drive one way.
>>
>>32610523
Copfag here.

Work 5pm to 6am on a rotational schedule

One week I work mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun
Next week I work weds, thurs.

It works so that every other week I have a three day weekend, which I use to work my other job and take care of my kid.

I haven't gone shooting in over a year, aside from mandatory range time at work
>>
BUY A SUPPRESSOR AND SET UP A SHOOTING RANGE IN YOUR GARAGE

WHAT CAN GO WRONG
>>
>>32610580
Damn, that's harsh

>I haven't gone shooting in over a year

I started this job back in march, and last time I went it the range was once in september. I feel like if I keep up this , I won't be seeing a shooting range for a long time.

Honestly I feel like a husk, when I'm not working, I'm pretty much either sleeping, laying in bed awake or on the computer. I didn't have much of a social life(not that I have a chance at one working like this) before but all my hobbies have gotten put on hold which really is what upsets me.
>>
>>32610589
I don't even have a garage.
>>
>>32610523
>Who here works or has worked nightshift? How do you go shooting/hobbies when dealing with it?

I have. You don't. Night shifts mean you get no life and no hobbies outside of video games and other shit you can do alone.
Last year I quit my 5pm start job (after 7 years) and got a 5am start job, and aside from being a walking corpse for roughly a week as I got used to it, I can honestly say it's the best decision I ever made. FUCK night shifts. Don't do night shift long term unless you have no other choice. You can't do fucking ANYTHING unless you live in a big city.
>>
File: 1478513284239.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1478513284239.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>32610631
Fug.

And I generally liked the solitude and laidback enviroment the nightshift is, compared to the crap that goes on during the day.
>>
File: 1391818057860.jpg (22KB, 320x360px) Image search: [Google]
1391818057860.jpg
22KB, 320x360px
>work from 3 pm to midnight
>go to bed at like 2 am
>get up around 9 or 10
>go to the range around noon and come back with plenty of time before work

Pretty simple stuff.
>>
>>32610631
>letting the absence of daylight ruin your life when NVGs are cheap as fuck
ISHYGDDT
>>
I work 6pm-6am Thursday through Sunday, I sleep from about 7am to noon, I'd recommend sleeping up to your shift then going shooting after or just going Monday after you've had a normal night sleep
>>
>>32610615
Amen to that brother.

I used to play vidya every day for at least an hour, go shooting weekly, go out with friends twice a week at least.

Now, this morning is the first time I played vidya in over three weeks, and only for about 30 min.

Only hung out with friends once in the last 3 months.

It's only gonna get worse in March...spring break means 72 hour weeks minimum. Plus school.
>>
>>32610631
I'd love to go back to days, but there's many reasons for me to stay nights:

$2 per hour night differential
Way less work
No top brass to answer to since I arrive after they leave, and leave before they arrive.
>>
>>32610763
That's not overnights famalamadingdong
>>
>>32611106
OP's shift isn't either and he still manages to fuck it up
>>
>>32610550
That's your problem right there. Fix your sleeping habits. I work 4pm to 12:30am. Home by 1ish assuming the office isn't on fire when i leave, bed by 3 up by 9-10 (no alarm) granted my range is only 30 mins away but getting up late is your issue. Really work at shifting your sleep schedule if getting to the range outside of days off is important to you. Ain't easy but it is doable
>>
Weekends.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.