[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the M&P Bodyguard worth $250? I can get it for that minus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 109381_01_lg_1.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
109381_01_lg_1.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
Is the M&P Bodyguard worth $250? I can get it for that minus taxes.

Wasn't considering until I saw this deal.
>>
>>32606412
I really like mine, I think the deal on PSA over Christmas was ~$240 so your price isn't bad at all. I'd say go for it unless you have more meat on you to carry a compact 9mm easily. If you're thin like me the Bodyguard is a great pocket gun
>>
Sig P238 > all other pocket .380s

>That's a decent price though
>>
>>32606435
I'm pretty small

>>32606444
>1911 style single action only cocked and locked

I feel more comfortable with a DA option honestly
>>
>>32606463
>I feel more comfortable with a DA option honestly
Fair counter preference. That's a good price for a decent pocket gun that fits your desires; get it.
>>
>>32606495
It's a decent price but I dunno if it's "damn I gotta buy this now!" price.

I could've gotten a lcrx for 380 dollars too
>>
>>32606412

Get it faggot.
>>
File: IMG_7304 (1).jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7304 (1).jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Got for 250$ on black Friday sale and love it, great for being able to carry in a tank top and gym shorts which is 50% of what i wear being in Florida and all.
>>
>>32608066
I'm considering it

>>32608068
What do you think of the trigger? I hear loads of bitching about it but at the gunstore I thought it was fine, didn't try to rapid dry fire though the reset would probably fuck that.
>>
>>32608093
not bad, smooth but heavy.
>>
>>32606412
The Ruger LCP is a really good pocket .380. Cheap, reliable, and simple to use. I have the one with no external safeties.
>>
>>32608692
The new lcp 2 though is a pre cocked hammer fired gun with a rather light trigger. Sort of more worrying on a pocket gun IMO when you have a 5.5 pound trigger

Scouring the net im hearing lots of mixed stuff on the bodyguard. I originally wanted a little revolver like the lcrx but I'm not sure if that would conceal well. (Putting it in pocket without a holster at the gunstore with my tight pants suggests no but I am unsure)
>>
>>32608708
The LCP is what I'm talking about. It's striker fired like any other polymer handgun. And the trigger is pretty average. Kind of mushy like the old Glocks. For the summer, the LCP is great. During the winter I spice things up and carry a bit more because I can wear my jacket.
>>
>>32608708
If you're looking for a revolver to conceal, Ruger is making an 8 shot 357 snub nose Redhawk. It has an exposed hammer, but you're getting firepower, capacity, in a snub nose package.
>>
>>32606444
who are you quoting?
>>
>>32608769
I held a lcrx and I really liked it I'm fine with .38 +p honestly and I doubt a Redhawk would be very concealable especially as 8 shot
>>
I have one of the older model bodyguards and I have to say it has been waaaaaay more convenient than I thought it would. It's so nice just to throw it in your pocket and not have to put it on like other subcompacts. Whether it's good or not really isn't the dilemma considering it does what it's designed to do so well. It would be a good gun if you wear a lot of slacks and khakis since the print is so small and it doesn't even take up much space in your pocket.
>>
File: redhawk_357_8.jpg (34KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
redhawk_357_8.jpg
34KB, 848x477px
>>32608819
It's a snubby
>>
>>32608900
Gorgeous. Damn id hate to use that to defend myself worrying about it being taken for evidence and not given back.

I'll read some about it, still think it will be too big, and likely too expensive.
>>
>>32608911
It's an 800 USD MSRP. Gun stores usually go cheaper than the MSRP. It's the cheapest in its class, and it's still pretty small.
>>
>>32608093
honestly, I have a full set of greaseless polishing compounds and felt/wool pads from some other shit of mine so the first thing I did was polish the contacts on the hammer block. Smith did something really fucking retarded with their laser engraving on this block to expose the serial numbers and left a burr on everything. There's two of them: one exposed, and another hidden behind a rotating pivot. Once this was polished smooth the trigger is spectacularly smooth.
>>
>>32606412
They're on average $350, so you're saving 100 bucks
I'd say go for it.
>>
>>32609338
Yes but like 85 or so after taxes.

Not sure if it's my first choice but it might be worth having just for the discount price
>>
>>32609364
It was my first choice for a while and I'm still considering it
If you're okay with .380 then I say get it. $250 is pretty darn cheap.
>>
>>32609371
I think I'm fine with .380 I'll likely get a 9mm for iwb later as well.

My thoughts originally were that if I didn't like it I could dump it for more than 250 used. Some of the reliability reports I've read are kind of concerning but that seems to be the case for many of these little .380s.
>>
>>32609381
you won't get much benefit from a 9mm out of these short barrels. 380 is quite decent for a pocket pistol as far as optimization goes.

iirc s&w, along with 3rd parties, manu'd aftermarket trigger kits for the bodyguard. trigger kits are always a hot item with DA only guns with people believing some magical trigger pack will make a DA only system fire like a crisp ruger 10/22, when all it does it trade length for more poundage. There's always a sucker.

Problem is they didn't work, and required a stronger hammer spring. this happens everytime a DA only gun comes out. people become whiny faggots that DA guns can't fire 30 rounds in half a second but are forgetful that the manufacturers explain upfront that double action is totally different that single action and/or striker fired guns.
>>
I've got some dogshit I'll sell you for a dollar, plus tax.

Just because something is discounted, doesn't mean you should buy it.
>>
>>32609445

I don't feel like da will bother me much considering the kind of gun it is as long as it's like a DA revolver pull.

>>32609469
The bodyguard is dogshit?

I haven't seen so many mixed opinions in a while
>>
>>32609481
they're resale value has been normal. Not great, but normal. You have to basically have a meme gun to have amazing resale, but it will still be an easy sell if you don't like it.
>>
>>32609481
I didn't say that it was dogshit, just using that as an example of why "buy because it's cheaper than usual" is a bad way of making a purchase.

IOW: If it's REALLY the fun you want--it's not, otherwise you wouldn't be asking--then buy it now that it's cheap.
>>
>>32609530
I went in with the intention and idea of the lcrx but the guy pushed the bodyguard on me after mentioning the sale and the fact they had no LCPs in stock (other pistol I wanted to see)

>>32609505
I'm sure it's a bitch selling a pistol in small town US but ya I'm sure I could get the 250 out of it
>>
>>32609539
That would be enough to turn me off of it entirely. He'll sell you a lcrx if you push back, he's clearly trying to move product no one wants.
>>
>>32609557
Eh they sold one right next to me and I generally really like the guys here.

He tried to sell me the lcrx before hand (obviously its what I asked for) but I told him they were too high on it.

They also don't get commission.
>>
>>32609561
Still pass. When I say "I want x" and they push oomlaut, which is not even CLOSE to what I asked for, I get super suspicious.
>>
>>32609589
How is the bodyguard not close to the lcp? It was only suggested after they told me they had no LCPs (not lcr)
>>
>>32609602
You said you went in with the LCRx, I assumed that was your first choice. LCP is also trash lol.
>>
>>32609616
I went in to look at the lcrx, then after deciding their price was too high I asked to look at the lcp (namely the lcp2 I have heard good things), he informed me they didn't have any in stock and then suggested the bodyguard as that was what the other employee pocket carried and they liked better than the Lcp.
>>
>>32606412
Had one when the first came out and hated it. Loved the looks and I felt like a spy or some shit with it, but the laser broke after the first round I ever shot, and I didn't like the way it shot. It was nice and small, so I carried it all the time when I had it, but I nevertheless felt confident with it. Only gun I've ever sold.
>>
>>32606412
The trigger is a mess, I traded mine.
>>
>>32609980
Luckily the new ones do away with the shitty gimicky laser. Like the one I'm looking at.
>>
>>32609539
If it makes you feel better I bought my BG used for $250

Also like other anon "nobody wanting it" is a big misnomer since what people want are expensive meme guns.
>>
>>32608093
It's a pocket pistol, it's not going to have a match trigger, so it's heavy, but feels okay.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.