/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any law against cutting down black powder rifles? Wal-Mart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: Pursuit.jpg (32KB, 800x220px) Image search: [Google]
Pursuit.jpg
32KB, 800x220px
Is there any law against cutting down black powder rifles? Wal-Mart is clearing out their muzzleloading stuff and they have some $300 rifles for $130. I thought it might be cool to get and cut down to a .50 cal pistol
>>
>>32604723
Not a firearm, so I assume not.
>>
>>32604723
Nope, absolutely no federal laws against it.

Most states have laws against carrying blackpowder guns if you're trying to get around your states ccw laws though.
>>
>>32604723
NFA laws(except suppressors) don't apply to muzzleloaders and airguns so you should be good unless there's a local law against it or something.
>>
>>32604723
Do it and you're cool. Do it and you're cool.
>>
>>32605153
DEPENDS ON YOUR STATE as to whether black powder is firearm or not. And, in most states, THE ANSWER IS YES.
>>
>>32605741
Alabama
>>
>>32605795
Then almost certainly you're good to go
>>
>>32605741
Isn't that more for if it's loaded and/or fired in a situation though? They can be shipped to peoples' houses even in commiefornia(not sure about NY or MA).
>>
>>32605665
but there are airguns with integral suppressors...
>>
Just the laws of good taste OP.
>>
>>32606010
Aww, I was going to make a new stock from cherry wood and everything...
>>
>>32605990
you can buy one integrally suppressed, but if you build one to put on to an airgun without it built in, they'll surely nail you for making one regardless of what you say you want to put it on.
>>
>>32606055
I had this discussion with someone in another thread. I still think there'd be a market for an integrally suppressed black powder rifle, it's just it would get dirty very quickly. If they designed it so you could pull the baffle system out for cleaning, would that no longer count as an integral suppressor? Or is there just literally no market for this kind of thing? I imagine you could get off 5 shots or so before it fouled to the point of no longer suppressing shots, but that's still 5 nice and quiet shots.
>>
>>32606081
>Having to muzzle load through a set of baffles

Whew lad
>>
>>32604723

theyre not regulated as firearms which is why you can get shoulder stocks for black powder pistols and dont need a 4473 and nics check to buy one and you can have it shipped to your house. so yes you can cut that bitch down.

t. guy who has a black powder pistol and isnt a felon
>>
>>32606437

>put small charge of powder in muzzle
>tamp it down
>put heavy minie ball on top of it
>screw on suppressor
>prime the gun
>fire
>click -thwip-
>clean out baffles
>start over
>>
>>32604723
>not buying a kit and assembling it yourself
What's the point of buying one at Walmart? At that point you might as well buy a repeating rifle.
>>
>>32606502
We were talking integrally suppressed.
>>
>>32604723
Yes but the twist rate and projectile wouldn't be that accurate.

My advice would be to find shotguns if they have it and make a howdah.

Or just resell on GB instead of ruining any function or value for lulz

>>32606502
>black powder isn't actually that quiet suppressed, could tickle the dragons tail with smokeless loads, maybe trail boss
>>
>>32606522
Durr hunting season
>>
>>32606548

o i c my b f.am
>>
>>32606558
>black powder isn't actually that quiet suppressed, could tickle the dragons tail with smokeless loads, maybe trail boss

you could put a small charge of pistol powder because its faster than rifle powder but slower than black, so it could work
>>
>>32606548
Use this to pour powder and use rounds with very thin skirts
>>
>>32606502
Again, this was discussing an integral can. Otherwise why the fuck would you want to pull it off every single time
>>
File: ThumbnailHandler.jpg (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ThumbnailHandler.jpg
4KB, 300x300px
>>32606650
Aforgot pic
>>
>>32606655

to clean out the baffles.

i suppose you could have an integral suppressor if you have a brush that can fit in the muzzle of the can and expand out and clean the baffles
>>
>>32604723
You do realize modern inline .50 cal hunting pistols are a thing?
>>
Suppression isn't going to be an issue much longer. The Hearing Protection Act will get pushed through
>>
>>32606570
Not feeling the wood you carved. Almost all commercial muzzleloaders are primer capped which is not as cool as flint. In other words your argument is gay
>>
>>32606801
I'm explaining why someone might want to get one of these things, a properally made flint lock would probably be more reliable but you aren't getting that from 300 dollar kits, at least not without case hardening or making a specialized high carbon Frizzen

It's for the people who use guns as tools and are built as sucha
>>
>>32604723
>I thought it might be cool to get and cut down to a .50 cal pistol
Why don't you just buy one of the pistol models then? They already exist.
>>32606801
>Almost all commercial muzzleloaders are primer capped which is not as cool as flint
And thank god they are for actual use like hunting. Other than at a 100% dry range, other priming methods lead to a lot of failures if weather comes into play at all.
>>
>>32606601
>Putting smokeless in a muzzle loader
>Ever

I don't care if you kill yourself, anon, but try not to kill anyone else.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.