[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to call up the Navy recruiter today and try to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: AmNavy_Tag_PMS296C.jpg (226KB, 1046x658px) Image search: [Google]
AmNavy_Tag_PMS296C.jpg
226KB, 1046x658px
I'm about to call up the Navy recruiter today and try to talk in person later.

>Any advice?
>>
>>32601237
Yep. Fuck off.

What do you think guys did before internet forums. Self obsessed babbys.
>>
>>32601237
tell him ur butthole is nice and moist
>>
>>32601251
Kids these days I tell you what.
>>
>>32601237

Oh, wow. Fuck you faggot TWO threads died for your shitty blog. You aren't entitled to answers.
>>
>>32601237
Tell him your-

>>32601276
FUCK!
>>
>>32601237
It is a good branch if you scored on the really high end of the ASVAB. If you did not then consider another branch that does not need so many bodies doing pointless grunt work. The Navy needs a whole lot of low level working personnel, while another branch could give you technical work instead. Hauling dock pumps does not transfer to the civilian world like vehicle repair for another branch.
>>32601251
Well, he would have the option of finding someone that was in the Navy, or just trusting the recruiter. Both create a situation where OP is uninformed, from the former sailor's lack of knowledge for the modern Navy, and from the recruiter's sugar coating and lack of fact.
>>
>>32601300
What threads with legendary content died for OP to get a question answered? He replaced shit with shit, but you can't say that whatever got bumped off was worth being butthurt.
>>
>>32601237
I go to basic in 7 days

When it comes to medical stuff, everything is "no" unless there is somethin seriously fucking wrong with you

Tonsils removed when you were 5? Unless you wanna dig up that paperwork, no

Broke a little finger in the fifth grade? No broken bones sir

Think you have BPD? No mental issues

Don't mention ADD or any other shit like that, anything that isn't a SERIOUS ISSUE you do not want to report

This is because the doctors at meps are the laziest motherfuckers around and they will try to disqualify you for service over the littlest things, and this saves you time in the long run.
The recruiters will help you get through it all, it takes time though so keep this in mind.
Depending how smooth your paperwork is, it could take 3 weeks to 3 months before you go to meps to enlist.
Be patient.
>>
>>32601237
As a Navy veteran. My advice is for you not to join the Navy. Joining the military is probably the most embarrassing part of my life. The military is for losers.
>>
>>32601648
T. liberal cuck
>>
>>32601237
Join the airforce instead.
>>
>>32601251
No need to be pissy.
Ain't no shame in asking for experienced advice from guys in the Navy.

>>32601276
I'll make sure to tell him I also eat glass everyday, so the inside of my asshole is like a garbage disposal.

>>32601300
I don't know what you're going on about, I ain't made a thread about joining before. I have only posted in /meg/ twice in the last week or two, since my spark in joining got reignited.

>>32601320
I previously got an 89 on the AFQT when I took it 4 years ago, I should probably refresh myself a bit though before retaking it.

>>32601536
I just got all my paperwork for bunionectomy surgery I had in 2012, so I will be cleared for not needing a medical waiver.
I got temporarily DQ'd at MEPS 4 years ago, and they dropped my option 40 contract.

>>32601648
I'm looking into just joining the reserves, as to help pay for commercial dive school, which I will be able to afford part of my tuition (before loans) within the next 2-4 months.
>>
>>32601237
who are you quoting?
>>
>>32601237
Beg for a nuke sub post
>>
>>32601237
>>32601672

Seconded. Air Force would be a better choice if you aren't determined for the Army/Marines life.
>>
File: 070104-n-3093m-009.jpg (952KB, 3008x1960px) Image search: [Google]
070104-n-3093m-009.jpg
952KB, 3008x1960px
>>32601725
No one?
>>32601734
Ha, no. I'd rather not get a TS clearance, and I hear all about how those guys nerds and have a high suicide rate, even with 6 fig bonuses.
>>
>>32601320
>Well, he would have the option of finding someone that was in the Navy, or just trusting the recruiter. Both create a situation where OP is uninformed, from the former sailor's lack of knowledge for the modern Navy, and from the recruiter's sugar coating and lack of fact.

Yeah going on the internet and getting life advice from a bunch of anonymous strangers, the vast majority of whom are under 18, is a really winning alternative option here isn't it.
>>
File: cornelia-marie-new-2015.jpg (91KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
cornelia-marie-new-2015.jpg
91KB, 720x720px
>>32601929
I've been lurking /k/ for years. There's a lot of experienced guys that sometimes help or drunkenly care enough to give input to dumb asses such as myself.

I'm currently a deckhand and boat operator for a dive company, and am starting dive school within this year.
>What reservist ratings should I look into that relate to my career?
>What bullshit should I keep mind of, when talking with the recruiter?
>>
>>32602021
>I've been lurking /k/ for years. There's a lot of experienced guys that sometimes help or drunkenly care enough to give input to dumb asses such as myself.

But that's the thing - it takes years and a special sense of what's bullshit and what isn't to be able to wring any useful advice at all out of this shitty board.

If you're seriously using 4chan for life advice, you aren't a smart person. You're just lazy, and probably pretty timid, which is why you won't just go and talk to real people who have actually done the thing you want to know about.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170109-011831.png (575KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170109-011831.png
575KB, 720x1280px
>>32601237
>Any advice

Start jerking of to traps
>>
>>32602278
>If you're seriously using 4chan for life advice, you aren't a smart person.
A lot of assumptions and derogatory statements there, eh?

Anyway, I done already talked to my military friends and family in person.
Only Navy guy I've talked to about enlisting is a coworker.
Former boatswain's mate who graduated dive school last year. He was mainly talking about active duty, and recommending that rating to me.

I already called, and am about to see the recruiter within half an hour.
>>
>>32602408
The recruiter is going to judge you based on how motivated you are.
You gotta sell it to him

If you're one of the chumps that walks in and is like "yea I guess I want to join the navy kinda"
Then they'll kinda do your paperwork I guess

Be the most gung-ho motherfucker you can without sounding like a jarhead
Be patriotic

And you'll be on the fast track

Especially with that temporary DQ You got before, convince them you're better than before in whatever way you have to be.

God bless the burgersa
>>
>>32602408
>A lot of assumptions and derogatory statements there, eh?

Yes, cuck, those are "assumptions and derogatory statements", and they happen to be correct.

If you cannot wrap your noodle around why getting life advice from 4chan is a bad idea, then you really are one of those stupid people that I'm talking about.
>>
>>32601237
>any advice?

Lrn2Sucksumgooddik
>>
>>32603031
He's at the recruiter you can stop being a bitter sperg now lmao
>>
>>32603014
It went good.

Took a practice asvab.
Getting my MEPS medical stuff from my previous state sent here.
On my part, I gotta get my diploma then we can continue.

Learned a bit about the reserves and benefits. I figure I'll enlist and do bootcamp first before dive school. I learned there are reservist divers, as well. I'll look more into job opportunities after I find out whether or not I'll need a waiver.

>>32603031
Jesus, you're a spastic shitposter. U mad?
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 853x543px
>>32604120
Keep at it lad
Once you jump through all the paperwork hoops on your end it's just waiting waiting waiting, waiting for meps to clear your shit, waiting to go, waiting at meps and waiting more when their shit inevitably breaks, waiting to ship, you know the drill
Probably won't see you around as I'm gonna be a nuke tech on subs but good knowing another anon who wants to serve

Oh and memorize your sailors creed and the sentry orders/ ranks
You can go from e1-e3 In basic just from being a good boi, meaning an extra 600 or so dollars a month for you
>>
>>32601237
Don't mention you browse 4chan to the recruiter. They will assume you are Autistic and claim you are unable to enlist.
>>
>>32605080
( I'm serious; happened to me. Feels bad, man. )
>>
>>32601536
Rating?
>>
>>32601237
Bootfag here, just got to my unit after finally finishing all my training and shit.

Boot camp is annoying, but easy. You're always gonna get in trouble no matter how squared away you are. Enjoy A School, they're literally paying you to go to school, and the freedom is nice right after Basic.
>>
>>32605094
jesus christ
>>
Why Reserves over AD, OP?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.